Thread: car audio question

Verified Companion Companion missi hart's Avatar

car audio question

i am in the process of buying a 2021 honda civic ex. i am one of the ones who still wants a cd player in my vehicle. i have checked with the dealer and they do not offer an option themselves to add a stand alone cd player. i am curious to know if anyone has pertinent information of adding a cd player (i am guessing it would need to be via usb)---it would need to be compatible specifically with a 2021 honda civic ex and also it would need to be able to be integrated into the existing audio system so as to be able to adjust the volume, etc with the steering wheel controls. if anyone knows anything about this, please pm me.

tall, leggy transgirl located in wimberley, tx

the best way to reach me is via private message or email me at missihart27@gmail.com

https://preferred411.com/P39449

i am open-minded. ask me about doubles with a few well-reviewed austin and san antonio providers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Daniel Larusso's Avatar
    Can't answer this directly but there are 2 good places in town you should try...

Texas Radio on Burnet Rd

Sunbusters on 183/Duval
    Wax on, wax off.

Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Larusso View Post
    Can't answer this directly but there are 2 good places in town you should try...

Texas Radio on Burnet Rd

Sunbusters on 183/Duval
    thank you

the best way to reach me is via private message or email me at missihart27@gmail.com

i am open-minded. ask me about doubles with a few well-reviewed austin and san antonio providers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    best buy we install free. You can confirm prices before you go into store

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    ^^^ ...and if you have a problem, you can go to any Best Buy and have them take care of it. ^^^
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    If it were me I'd upgrade the deck (radio) to one you like with the player already in it. As an aftermarket cd player would need to be installed somewhere with shock absorbing capability to avoid skipping. To keep the steering wheel controls you'd just need the correct plug adapter. Not a difficult job at all. But could be pricey depending on if you go with a double din deck with gps built in or not, brand, android auto, Apple play, and so on. But then you wouldn't need to mount the cd player because it would already be inside the new deck with shock absorption built in to the deck. That's the way i would do it. I use to install for a audio dealer years ago and do all my own work on my vehicles.
    Hope this helps

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Any USB CD player will work through the USB port by the shifter on the civic. Id be happy to help if you need me to.

update---i ended up getting a 2021 corolla. like just about every new car it didn't have a cd player. however, i learned how to rip cd's onto a usb flash drive. i am able to get 36 cd's onto one 16gb flash drive. this has worked out great.