Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    On another Chandeleur trip we had some guys join us from Minnesota. All they wanted to fish for was sharks. We were like, man, you've got all these specks and reds and you want to fish for fucking sharks? Their explanation made sense. They said, we're from the land of 10000 lakes, everyone up there knows how to catch fish and lots of them. I can come back with pictures of stringers full of fish and it would mean nothing to my friends. I come back with a picture of a shark and I'm a man among men. Perception.

Incidentally they caught a nice 6' black tip the first morning. The boat's cook had that thing filleted and grilled by lunch time. Damn good eating.

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Ahhh yes. We dont have saltwater fishing lol
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    On another Chandeleur trip we had some guys join us from Minnesota. All they wanted to fish for was sharks. We were like, man, you've got all these specks and reds and you want to fish for fucking sharks? Their explanation made sense. They said, we're from the land of 10000 lakes, everyone up there knows how to catch fish and lots of them. I can come back with pictures of stringers full of fish and it would mean nothing to my friends. I come back with a picture of a shark and I'm a man among men. Perception.

Incidentally they caught a nice 6' black tip the first morning. The boat's cook had that thing filleted and grilled by lunch time. Damn good eating.
    Don't get me wrong, trout and reds are damn good eating and nothing beats flounder in my book but I love the rush I get when that clicker is screaming and the rod is bouncing with something that you know is huge. Plus you can just sit back and drink some cold beer and smoke a nice cigar while you're waiting!

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
    ...Every True Fisherman Knows Right Before A Storm Is The Best Time To Fish..

- - - Updated - - -

I'm Glad Other Areas Of The Ocean Have Experienced A Downfall At Least I Know I'm Not Just Imagining Things.. I Go Every Chance I Get You Should Try It

Yep!

I visit the Palacios/Matagorda area about every other month, and I think I will try some surf and dock fishing next time.

Now, if the storm will just turn up some of the fabled pirate/sunken galleon treasure supposedly off the coast...

It's Like An Aggressive Tard In Your Inbox..
    Now that’s some funny shit right there.....

I have a few buddies from up north I’ve taken out on a charter who basically said and wanted the same thing. They are a lot of fun to catch though. I snagged a 5’ black tip a few years back off shore....bastard put up a helluva fight but filleted up into some nice thick steaks that were great on the grill.
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

Registered Female (Not Verified) Companion Dorthy Monroe's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Joecango1;176698]
    Bull Reds Are My Favorite They Work Me Out Like Billy Blanks On VHS.. They Just Caught Another Big Jaws On San Luis Pass.. Fuck That All That Work For That I Would Be Pissed lmao..Sharks Are Gay Nobody Has Time For That.. It's Like An Aggressive Tard In Your Inbox..

I saw that some dudes caught an 8' 6" Tiger shark at SLP, that is bad ass! That would be way more fun than catching a few little trout or reds to me. Everyone has their favorites though.
    I'm not sticking my hand near all them teeth to get my hook lmao
    Im Not Available Until Further Notice

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!
    *If I’ve Never Seen You GFE*
    30 - 150 * 60 - 200 * 90 - 300

Only Fans: https://onlyfans.com/dorthymonroe

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I wouldn't stick my hand near them either, we just cut the hook and it falls out of their mouth. It's easy to crimp a new one on the leader. And you get to keep all your fingers that way.

Well dorthy at least getting anything is better than reeling in a stingray... Thats happened more times then i can count from the shore.... But im thinking maybe shrimp isnt the best bait for galveston...lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyxxxo View Post
    Well dorthy at least getting anything is better than reeling in a stingray... Thats happened more times then i can count from the shore.... But im thinking maybe shrimp isnt the best bait for galveston...lol
    True that or an eel or a dog fish I'm cutting my line lmao.. It all depends where you fish at and how you have your leader set up.. I know I don't like asians but I've seen some nice setups and those bastards will get there and drop there line and hook like 4 fish at once.. I want to push them in the water lmao..

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!

Trump 2024

Lmao my motto is pictures or it didn't happen.. A few times I've kicked myself in the ass because my phone died and I couldn't get a picture..

People are always amazed by sharks and I'm like no thanks especially when you catch them so close to the shore that's when I think of all the times I fished in the surf at night and it's scary.. I'm more scared of stingray's I had a friend get stung 2 times once he was fishing at night in the surf Alone with no reception he almost lost his foot it was pretty bad..

I honestly just like fishing I feel like a little girl in the toy section at Walmart idk plus I get to talk shit to the guys when I catch bigger fish than them haha..

Trump 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Joecango1 View Post
    I wouldn't stick my hand near them either, we just cut the hook and it falls out of their mouth. It's easy to crimp a new one on the leader. And you get to keep all your fingers that way.
    Yea but my luck it wouldn't go that smooth I would be all nervous and f u c k up lmao I don't even trust myself in that situation

Trump 2024

I honestly just like fishing I feel like a little girl in the toy section at Walmart idk plus I get to talk shit to the guys when I catch bigger fish than them haha..
    And that’s what it’s all about D....hunting and fishing have been ingrained in our DNA since the dawn of time....None of us would be here without it. Nothing clears my head more from life’s stress than to take off on a 2-3 day fishing/camping trip at the lake all alone. Cleaning and preparing the fish you just pulled out of the water as your heating up the grease on the side.....nothing more primal and beautiful than that.....
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

Quote Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
    And that’s what it’s all about D....hunting and fishing have been ingrained in our DNA since the dawn of time....None of us would be here without it. Nothing clears my head more from life’s stress than to take off on a 2-3 day fishing/camping trip at the lake all alone. Cleaning and preparing the fish you just pulled out of the water as your heating up the grease on the side.....nothing more primal and beautiful than that.....
    I haven't mastered the cleaning part yet and YouTube didn't help lmao I think I need to take a class or a sharper knife lmao

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yea but my luck it wouldn't go that smooth I would be all nervous and f u c k up lmao I don't even trust myself in that situation
    Im taking your ass to surfside or boliver one of these days and I promise that once you reel in a shark you'll be the one that is hooked and you'll love it after that, watch what happens.

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - FAILURE TO FOLLOW STAFF DIRECTIONS
    i'm not a big fisherman, but anyone ever thought of net-fishing the bayous? i live by Brays Bayou and there are a ton of fish there, some very good eating, i've heard. the guys i usually see are always fly fishing-way too technical for me-but i can't see why net fishing wouldn't yield a huge take. anyone have any ideas, or why that wouldn't work?

i know Dorthy is referring to shore salt-water fishing, but at least i'm on the topic of fishing lol.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast