Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Well, I hit the Galveston surf this morning at dawn - fish were biting all morning, but mostly bait stealers. I probably caught three dozen whiting and a couple of sheepshead - unfortunately none of the big three made an appearance on my line. A lot of waders out there - only saw one speck reeled in. Guess I was a couple of days late for the really good water, but still had fun bringing in the panfish.

Dorthy, I know I didn't get a bigger fish this time. Didn't want to get you mad at me!

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Hello people! Any new fishing adventures? I’ve gone deep sea fishing in cabo and Cancun for tuna, dorado, and marlin. Freaking amazing! I brought back home lots of fish!!!

As for galveston- THE BULLS ARE RUNNING!! Lol well actually swimming but y’all get the point. Hopefully y’all make it out to catch some slots, some bulls and lots of flounda! Watch out for those 15 rod in one spot live mud minnow soakers! If they don’t get you with a hook, they’ll probably run you over with their car.

I honestly love it when the game wardens show up and catches them

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Used to love fishing Cabo before the Cruise ships Americanized it. Now over half the shops are closed unless a ship is in town. Get the feeling only reason they want Americans around now us money, not many friendly locals anymore.

Cruise ships really ruined hobbying in Cabo. Bj in a club will now cost you $300 if you’re lucky. Bringing a ****** back to your hotel is tough, security picks em out. Calling one to your hotel is all but impossible now. Most Massage parlors close their doors if a ships not in and will end the massage if you won’t pay at least $60 for a HJ.

Registered Female (Not Verified) Companion Dorthy Monroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankocean187 View Post
    Hello people! Any new fishing adventures? I’ve gone deep sea fishing in cabo and Cancun for tuna, dorado, and marlin. Freaking amazing! I brought back home lots of fish!!!

As for galveston- THE BULLS ARE RUNNING!! Lol well actually swimming but y’all get the point. Hopefully y’all make it out to catch some slots, some bulls and lots of flounda! Watch out for those 15 rod in one spot live mud minnow soakers! If they don’t get you with a hook, they’ll probably run you over with their car.

I honestly love it when the game wardens show up and catches them
    Yes the bull reds are running especially in Galveston I caught 8 within 2 hours last week.. I haven't seen a game warden since I got a lifetime fishing license lol.. I'm hoping all this water doesn't mess up the fishing but I highly dout it. If anything it will make it better.. I went when it was raining it's ass off & was so glad I did haha ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LA Man View Post
    Used to love fishing Cabo before the Cruise ships Americanized it. Now over half the shops are closed unless a ship is in town. Get the feeling only reason they want Americans around now us money, not many friendly locals anymore.

Cruise ships really ruined hobbying in Cabo. Bj in a club will now cost you $300 if you’re lucky. Bringing a ****** back to your hotel is tough, security picks em out. Calling one to your hotel is all but impossible now. Most Massage parlors close their doors if a ships not in and will end the massage if you won’t pay at least $60 for a HJ.
    Please stick to the fishing subject thanks
    Im Not Available Until Further Notice

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!
    *If I’ve Never Seen You GFE*
    30 - 150 * 60 - 200 * 90 - 300

Only Fans: https://onlyfans.com/dorthymonroe

Trump 2024

This weekend is going to be good for fishing ijs

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!

Trump 2024

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    One day I would very much like to catch a fish. My childhood is scarred from so many disappointed fishing trips. Where do I start? Other than reading this thread. Maybe I smell.

Grab some live shrimp, mud minnows or finger mullet and head to Seawolf Park or Fort Travis (on the Boliver side). November is Flounder month in the Galveston Bay system. The Fall migration peaks this month. Outgoing tide is best.
    New COED Theme Song!
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman
    Trollhide!

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ... Jimmy Buffett
    I could eat a Peach for hours.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Also, remember that during the month of November, the flounder daily bag limit drops from 5 to 2. Min length 14".

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1965 View Post
    Also, remember that during the month of November, the flounder daily bag limit drops from 5 to 2. Min length 14".
    Good information
    New COED Theme Song!
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman
    Trollhide!

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ... Jimmy Buffett
    I could eat a Peach for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfor4 View Post
    One day I would very much like to catch a fish. My childhood is scarred from so many disappointed fishing trips. Where do I start? Other than reading this thread. Maybe I smell.
    On Seawall and 90th there is a huge fishing pier called Galveston Fishing Pier and try your luck there. If you're just trying to pull up a few small fish, get a double drop leader and use very small hooks, then bait it with very small pieces of dead shrimp. Then just cast it out and wait for the pull.

Here is their website and it even has a cam to show the water conditions and to see if the pier is crowded or not.
    http://www.galvestonfishingpier.com/
    Last edited by WW-DEAR_JOHN; 12-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Its been a while but has anyone been fishing lately the surf has a lot of action going on! Ive been a few times but ever since I sorda broke my lucky pole I’ve only caught hardheads:( lol

Can someone give me advice on how to catch flounder without lures that would be nice! Thanks

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Dorthy... your best bet for flounder is either live mud minnows or live finger mullet on a leader. Target area are rocks, channels, or drop offs. Some good places they are caught at are Texas city dike, seawolf park, broken bridge on Frenchtown rd on bolivar or the ferry landing. Also you've got to learn to not set the hook like traditional fishing. They tend to bite and kill their food first so you have to wait for them to swallow.... you'll know cause you'll feel a second thump. It's weird to explain but easy to understand later. Either way pm me and I'll be happy to tell you whatever i know to help

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Why not catch flounder with lures? It’s very easy just cast and retrieve with a twitch. They lay on the sea bottom will bite anything that is swimming over them or bumped onto them. A double tangem with gulp swimming mullets is the go to. Using mud minnows is a bit boring Since you just cast and hope one swims by

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Agree with cdb - mud minnows or live finger mullet. I use a 1/0 hook on a short leader, and a 1/2 oz egg sinker above the leader. If I'm on a pier, I'll jig near the pilings. As cdb said, you don't pull on the first thump - I let it sit for a minute or so, then gently pull to see if he's still there. You might feel another thump or two, then you'll feel the fish pulling. That's when you set the hook. When baiting the hook, for a mud minnow, I'll hook him through the lips. For a mullet, I'll hook it through the tail.

A65

Quote Originally Posted by frankocean187 View Post
    Why not catch flounder with lures? It’s very easy just cast and retrieve with a twitch. They lay on the sea bottom will bite anything that is swimming over them or bumped onto them. A double tangem with gulp swimming mullets is the go to. Using mud minnows is a bit boring Since you just cast and hope one swims by
    Because lures are to much work lol

Trump 2024

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast