Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

I can’t help but think I’m not alone on this one. It's called common courtesy and more important, good business. What am I referring to? Being ignored. Here we refer to it as bad TCB (taking care of business). When I text a lady and I don't get a response, it's frustrating. Okay, maybe you get the same stupid question over and over again, and maybe it is aggravating or you feel a waste of time to keep responding to endless requests. Guess what? It's called doing business. You are selling and your potential customers have questions, regardless how ridiculous you may think the question to be, and probably is at times. I'm sure someone is going to pop up with the excuse along the line of, "I don't have time to respond to every silly question." My response to that is, "Then get out of the business." Because bottom line, if I send you a text and you ignore me … … and not in a good way.

This week I have contacted about 4 ladies and have yet to get a reply. Or I get one reply and respond with an additional question and … silence. I would venture to say that most of the time your response will simply be a "yes" or "no". How much time does that really take? Plus you have to understand, I can't send you a text and ask three or four questions because not one time in all my years of hobbying had I had a provider that is on top of her game enough to answer all of my questions in one text or email, so I have to ask them one at a time or they don't get answered. It goes like this:

ME (after a quick introduction): Can you share your rates please? As well, can you share your menu? Also what times are you available?
    PROVIDER: [shares rates only]
    ME: Thank you, can you share your menu and available times as well?
    PROVIDER: [shares menu]
    ME: And what times are you available?
    PROVIDER: either silence or a reply with availability

What could have been done in one text or email has now taken 30 minutes of time. Are you ladies really that dense?

Verified Companion Companion SweetArielRae's Avatar
    Most ladies like myself have rates and menu listed. If some would learn to read showcases then most of yalls questions can be answered. It takes one idiot to ruin it all for the ones that are serious. And I myself hate text with questions about my menu. Good luck
    REFERENCES ARE A MUST. I WILL NOT SEE YOU WITHOUT REFERENCES.

Book on p411–SweetArielRae
    No Greek SS or BBFS

Retired Companion
    In times like these it's best not to share that info over the phone except for availability. Perhaps you can read their ads or showcases for further info. Usually, rates and menu are posted. If not - check their reviews. It's not rocket science hun.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Daniel Larusso's Avatar
    This is funny but so freaking true, very frustrating as well. This business is certainly not based around customer service...at least for most. There are certainly top notch providers out there and cudos to those ladies for handling their shit. Good luck out there OneI!
    Wax on, wax off.

Molon Labe

Onei,

I feel that both providers and hobbyists are experiencing frustrations within the business communication aspect of the hobby.

I spent a lot of time week with an ATF of mine who lists contact info, do's and dont's, donations and yet, there is still that idiot who asks a question that can be answered via simply reading the ad. I feel much of this from the idiots gets transferred over on to guys like yourself. Like the providers, there are guys who want certain services and get to the date, the provider upcharges or says she doesn't do that.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Verified Hobbyist BCD chairspud's Avatar
    Yes it’s frustrating. Personally I usually just don’t bother contacting a lady that has not posted rates and menu.
    Never enough SEX, Never enough MONEY!

NOTE: The given example was simply that, an example. I've contacted providers that I'm interested in seeing and may or may not get a response. I can read and I do pay attention. It just seems that it's getting more and more of an issue - this TCB thing. If a lady can't take the time to correspond, even with a "Yes, No, or I'd rather discuss this in person" then I'm done. There are too many options (including self-love) available to me.

Here's one example: Periodically I will request a barter … I'm fully aware that not everyone is interested in this, but you never know until you ask. How difficult is it to simply reply with "No thank you!? Again, that is just one of several examples that has happened to me of late.
    Last edited by Onei5430; 06-08-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Verified Companion Companion Kitty bunny fuck's Avatar
    Well some of you guys have been horrible at communicating as well. When eccie was up I had no issues with guys wasting my time- oh but now it's like the guys think us girl are laying in bed with our legs spread wide open for them with no personal life or things to do.

Sorry but texting for an crazy amount of time to schedule is time out of my day. Scheduling should be done and completed in under 20 text.

If you guys want common curtesy then start showing us girls the same curtesy.

When eccie went down a lot of the accountability went with it. All these new guys don't understand the logistics and treat us girls like meat.

I miss all the good old guys - the well know- respected hobbiest.

Kiss the firms hearts ass FirePhoenix's Avatar
    For me I think there should be a reasonable time limit of an hour for a response to be given from either the hobbiest or provider. Life, work, ect means at times someone can't respond back in 5 mins or less. I also feel that there maybe a little confusion from providers on this board that think that their menu and donations are already posted. I thought mine were and I just found out this morning that neither is listed, much to my surprise. Anyways a lot of providers maybe getting frustrated at those questions and thinking "that info is listed and is this guy trying to set me up". The platform ourhome2 is using is older than we are use to.

Please hobbiest also understand that if you have been texting me for over 3hrs with no appt set going to say that you never had any intention of setting up an appointment to begin with. I have got other more enjoyable things to do with my time then play that non-sense game.
    951-239-5346

Retired Companion
    Oh I think we may be coming to the heart of this matter-- If you ask a provider if she wants to barter and she does not respond (because it is insulting) then take that as a NO and move on your merry way to someone else. You shouldn't be so sensitive hun. Problem solved. Side note - there are providers who will barter for a session - you can READ about it when they post a ad.

Here's one example: Periodically I will request a barter … I'm fully aware that not everyone is interested in this, but you never know until you ask. How difficult is it to simply reply with "No thank you!? Again, that is just one of several examples that has happened to me of late.[/QUOTE]

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Of course you’re not the only one. But most of us just move on. There are so many providers out there that have their tcb shit together, letting those that don’t get your blood pressure up aren’t worth it. Chill, it’s a hobby.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

No ma'am, that is not the heart of the matter … only one example of many and I do READ! Plus I don't see how it is insulting if what is offered is of equal value. Either one is interested or not. A simple no thank you is all that is needed. Plus it's not about being sensitive, it's about being totally ignored, regardless the question. After about three attempts over the course of 24-32 hours I usually reply with something along the line of, "Well, since there has been no response I'll take it as you are not interested in seeing me. I hope you have a great day and I will not bother you any further." The foundation of my question is, how hard is it to simply respond?? If you say no, I'm done! No need to continue to pursue a dead end. Maybe I'm unique but I simply feel it is common courtesy, something this generation that has been raised on social media, cell phones, etc, seems to be foreign to.

RE: Kitty and Firephoenix - When this happens I generally will send a text and wait … sometimes several hours, other times a whole day, before trying again. After about 3 attempts in a couple of days I'm done. I may try again in a month or so, but that depends on which head is thinking at the time. LOL! As well, I have no doubt that there are guys that are time wasters and I do my best to not be one of those. I try to be upfront in the beginning.

Anyway, maybe this is a good topic to be discussed, maybe it will go nowhere. It's just frustrating … and this has been an issue for years. It seems it's too easy to ignore than be polite.

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    I don’t get a response about 90% of the time. Why? Because if you ask me a question that is in my ad, I’ll tell you to go read my ad. It’s insulting and lazy to just text me and say you want a session then ask me a bunch of stuff you should have already read. If you can’t do something so simple, how am I to trust you to follow my rules or respect my boundaries? If I do not respond, it’s because I am not available, therefore I am not checking messages and will get back to you when I am. (This is also why you need to include your handle, so I don’t reach back out to you at a later date, at the wrong time.)
    This is also relevant because I do not want to go through with the 21 questions game just for you not to have references and have wasted my time. I will not discuss menu items unless you’re screened, if you send explicit texts I will ignore them and grant you ONE response, if you do not get with the program, I’ll ignore you. We’re adults, it’s easy to see something is blatantly being disregarded. I do not allow reviews= no, I do not have reviews and no, i do not wish to discuss my menu with an unknown person. My ads are pretty detailed and full of entertaining material, read them.

Communication is key, but if you’re not following the most simple guidelines, it goes out of the window. For example I get upwards of 5 texts a day, without a damn handle... seriously? It’s common practice to introduce yourself in the RW, why not extend that courtesy to the hobby? It’s takes literally 3 seconds.

Also, life happens and sometimes we forget about texts/calls/messages or we think we have responded and we haven’t. Follow up texts are reasonable and sometimes necessary, we are human and we are not perfect.

Verified Companion Companion
    yes to all of what the ladies have said.
    It isn't difficult to have some common sense about all this.
    If we ask for you to introduce yourself please do so.
    Its like most folks don't read the entire ad.

There are very valid reasons as to why a lot of us do not discuss such things through text and that is because it can be used against you in a court of law. Lets be smart out there. Some have no issues with doing that while others do for their own protection. And this maybe a "hobby" to some of you who see us, but for us this a job. This is work. Lets not negate that.

Anyways, have fun and stay safe everyone.

Edit: when y'all don't follow up, or ghost us, so it is a two way street.
    Last edited by TexasBettyATX; 06-08-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Retired Companion
    You are right- it is a good subject to discuss. I am a very polite person until I'm not. For example - when I first joined this site - I would get texts at 1 or 2 or 3 o:clock in the morning - saying -" hey babe,you available?" or "You available now. I have a hard for you,right now" or "I need you, can I come over?" or "do you do phone sex? I want to hear your voice while I jack off" Now, I'm old- I need my sleep and I'm asleep during those times. I use to leave my hobby phone on all the time because it was not a problem on ECCIE. But I started turning off my hobby phone when I went to bed and I solved that issue. Most providers have 2 phones - one for the hobby and one for private and if they have their hobby phone turned off then you won't get an answer.
    The other thing is on the barter -sometimes a person thinks that they have something of value to barter that would equal a session - but the person on the receiving end - does not. That's why I said it was insulting. That's a very tricky thing to do if someone has not asked for a barter.

Quote Originally Posted by Onei5430 View Post
    No ma'am, that is not the heart of the matter … only one example of many and I do READ! Plus I don't see how it is insulting if what is offered is of equal value. Either one is interested or not. A simple no thank you is all that is needed. Plus it's not about being sensitive, it's about being totally ignored, regardless the question. After about three attempts over the course of 24-32 hours I usually reply with something along the line of, "Well, since there has been no response I'll take it as you are not interested in seeing me. I hope you have a great day and I will not bother you any further." The foundation of my question is, how hard is it to simply respond?? If you say no, I'm done! No need to continue to pursue a dead end. Maybe I'm unique but I simply feel it is common courtesy, something this generation that has been raised on social media, cell phones, etc, seems to be foreign to.

RE: Kitty and Firephoenix - When this happens I generally will send a text and wait … sometimes several hours, other times a whole day, before trying again. After about 3 attempts in a couple of days I'm done. I may try again in a month or so, but that depends on which head is thinking at the time. LOL! As well, I have no doubt that there are guys that are time wasters and I do my best to not be one of those. I try to be upfront in the beginning.

Anyway, maybe this is a good topic to be discussed, maybe it will go nowhere. It's just frustrating … and this has been an issue for years. It seems it's too easy to ignore than be polite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast