2 25.00%
  • BMW

6 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm car shopping for a SUV

Verified Companion Companion Reese McClain's Avatar

Alien I'm car shopping for a SUV

BMW or Mercedes ? I can't make my mind up. Help please. Thank you.

Reese,

Not sure if it matters because I prefer foreign vehicles that are fuel efficient....

Through out my college years to now, I rarely see Mercedes-Benz SUV's. I have seen tons of BMW's though from college students to young professionals everywhere.

I'm pretty sure you are aware of this, BMW's are highly expensive to maintain.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Well, if I was shopping for a premium SUV, especially a german one, I would consider an Audi Q3. The maintenance for a mercedes is extremely high!!! Fair Warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboy0602 View Post
    Well, if I was shopping for a premium SUV, especially a german one, I would consider an Audi Q3. The maintenance for a mercedes is extremely high!!! Fair Warning.
    Not to get off topic and no disrespect intended....^^^But the thought of Jewboy shopping for a German SUV struck me funny as fuck.....Carry on....
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    As has been mentioned, when the German cars are running well, they are both good.

I think BMW's have a better powerplant, and are more for drivers.

I think Mercedes are more comfortable.

What do you want out of it though? Sporty? Utility? Just to look cool? Reliable and cheap to maintain? There are wider choices depending on which of these you pick.

Audi is not cheap to maintain.
    Neither is BMW.
    Mercedes is probably cheapest to maintain as far as preventative maintenance is concerned. I am not talking about breakdowns.
    As far as breakdowns, BMW is probably the worst of the 3.
    I prefer the look of the Audi. They are some fine looking cars.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Neither. Porsche Macan GTS

So far non of the above can beat the BMW x1 in gas mileage. 23 in town and 34 on the highway.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeseMcClain View Post
    So far non of the above can beat the BMW x1 in gas mileage. 23 in town and 34 on the highway.

Looking to lease or buy? If you're gonna lease then get whatever gives you, in your mind, the biggest bang for the buck. Land Rover, Lexus, Audi, BMW, MB. Doesn't really matter. Which one do you think you look best in?

If you want to buy then consider maintenance costs vs. how long you plan on keeping it. Making payments? What's the depreciation and resale.

You'll spend what you save in fuel mileage on maintaining that BMW. Lexus probably has a lower maintenance cost than any of the Euro models but they're still expensive. If you have a good mechanic he'll know which Toyota parts will interchange with Lexus and can save you a ton. Some parts are the same but the branding will cost or save you hundreds.

I think it's tough to beat the Highlander as an overall good SUV but the ride may be a little stiff for your liking.
    If you don't mind something a bit smaller and car chassis based, a crossover if you will, the Outback might be the best value out there all things considered...maint. comfort, style, resale, dependability

If you're looking for foreign built better get it before the tariffs hit.

^I'm thinking about leasing and just keeping it for two years. I am on my second 4runner and Toyota is hard to beat. I had a blue Ceilca that just would not die and a Camry that was really nice. I just want to drive something different and I have had great luck with BMW.
    The only fun part for me now days is test driving cars.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The 23/34 mileage you quoted for a BMW must not have been for an 8. There is no way an 8 cylinder BMW gets that much. Also, if you're going from a Toyota to a BMW, be prepared for a shock - both on reliability and cost. However, in terms of driving fun, a BMW can't be beat; especially an 8 or a 3 M. All this is for cars; don't know how their SUVs are on handling.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    SUV handling comparison to a coupe or sedan is no comparison at all COG(Center of Gravity).
    The SUV's are too top heavy to handle in turns or cornering like a car.

This should work for you.
    Harvey proof.

new-mercedes-pickup-pickup-mercedes-pickup-truck-2018-price.jpg
    She's a kind girl, the kind I'd like to.......
    Details on P411
    MFC charter member

^^^^ Perfect Slit!!!.....only thing I see it needs is a machine gun turret or two....cuz you know how Houston traffic sucks ass.....
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

I might put my Lara Croft out fit on to test drive that beauty. Strapped of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast