Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ever wonder how fake news gets started?

Retired Site "Guide"
    You tell me then. Where was the outrage and President bashing back in 2014 when this article was first published...

https://www.azcentral.com/picture-ga...slide:10807759

Was it fake news then and not fake news now? Did it suddenly undergo some magical transformation that somehow makes it relevant today when it wasn't back then?

I'm dying to know the answer to those questions.

BTW, there are still some uneducated time warpers out there who are still retweeting this masterpiece of fake news. Although, on the REAL NEWS, I understand some can't delete it fast enough when they realize who was really in charge when it happened. Gee! I wonder why.

Unfortunately for them... The internet is forever!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    You tell me then. Where was the outrage and President bashing back in 2014 when this article was first published...

https://www.azcentral.com/picture-ga...slide:10807759

Was it fake news then and not fake news now? Did it suddenly undergo some magical transformation that somehow makes it relevant today when it wasn't back then?

I'm dying to know the answer to those questions.

BTW, there are still some uneducated time warpers out there who are still retweeting this masterpiece of fake news. Although, on the REAL NEWS, I understand some can't delete it fast enough when they realize who was really in charge when it happened. Gee! I wonder why.

Unfortunately for them... The internet is forever!
    Obama was called the deporter in chief back in the day. That takes care of the no-moral-outrage argument. You're saying it wasn't covered, but your link shows it was covered. 2014, right?

Agreed, there are some dumbasses on the twitter. Problem is the Dotard is one of them. The Dotard deleted his retweet of the fake vid of Muslims attacking Christians (I wonder why), but yeah, the Internet is forever.
    "Are you sure you saw what you saw?"

Retired Site "Guide"
    Didn't say it wasn't covered. Just wanted to know why it's so important today and why Trump is getting bashed on Twitter for something that happened at least a year before he even announced his run for the Presidency.

Likely because if they reported the actual truth as it happened....they’d never have a leg to stand on to push their agenda.
    I have mood poisoning. Must be something I hate....
    ~Marilyn Manson~

Retired Site "Guide"
    Finally somebody who can focus on the "narrow point" of this thread.

Registered Female (Not Verified) elisabethwhispers's Avatar
    The problem with "fake news" is how it's being bantered about.

Personally, there are a couple of people that constantly participate in this forum that have one message, eye roll, and tend towards being boorish. No one is going to change their minds by these opinion topics. Not sure if that's the point or if some people just like to pontificate a lot (Elisabeth will raise her hand on that one!).

If anyone hasn't seen the documentary, watching "Get me Roger Stone" has opened up my eyes about HOW Trump, and other's of his elk, have attempted to sabotage so much. I have other things to do this morning and not trying to change anyone's opinion.

But that documentary was sickening as well as eye opening. At least Stone is honest, honest ... haha ... about how he goes about changing opinion and how he (personally) deals with those that he doesn't like.

And it explains a lot.

Past has proven that all Presidents lie to some point. News can certainly show leanings towards conservatism and liberal ideologies.

But some politicians are gas lighters. Sometimes, a person will look in your eye and show you a golf ball that he's holding and then will say, "I'm not holding a golf ball."

That is what Trump does ALL of the time. That has been MY concern. Not the Republican or Democratic portion of things although that's a concern, too.

'Nuff said. Have a busy morning and have to run.

Hugs,
    Elisabeth
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Rates will be changing soon. Contact me to get grandfather'd in!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    Didn't say it wasn't covered. Just wanted to know why it's so important today and why Trump is getting bashed on Twitter for something that happened at least a year before he even announced his run for the Presidency.
    The pic was a prop, like the fake vid the Dotard retweeted. The twitter is a shiny object for both sides...both sides...both sides. The Dotard is getting bashed for his current immigration policies. That can be done without pics or with current pics. The plight of detainees (including children) was relevant in 2014, and it's relevant today.
    "Are you sure you saw what you saw?"

Verified Hobbyist BCD YssupRider's Avatar
    Il Douchebag gets another pass for his promotion of lies, innuendo and fake news. That’s the broader point.

Not fake news. It’s a freaking gummint conspiracy!

The narrow point? Right you are!

YOW!

Retired Companion
    Hillary has stayed relatively quiet? Did you know she wrote a self pity book and is on a self pity tour now? And Obama? Give me a break - he should shut his mouth like George W,\. Bush did during his presidency. What you wrote is fake news indeed.

Verified Hobbyist BCD YssupRider's Avatar
    Maybe people shouldn’t vote for Obama or Hillary.

They’ll have their chance soon, right?

LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2