Thread: More Shootings This Morning

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!

More Shootings This Morning

http://abc13.com/live-coverage-at-le...oting/3490869/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...news11&ffid=gz

there is so much hostile rhetoric on Cable News, Facebook, Internet Blogs.. that is what is fueling much of this, IMO.. we may have come close to eliminating ISIS, but the real threat is internal.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Obvious Lee's Avatar
    If by internal you mean innate to human nature, I would agree. The desire to eliminate threats to survival - real, invented, or imagined - is a necessary part of human nature. Unfortunately, there are those that exploit that human trait to manipulate and control, and it's difficult to identify the real culprits in the aftermath of events like this. All we ever have is the crazed loner on the receiving end of our hatred, eliminated, but nothing has really changed.

Having been a victim of attempted murder by guns I can safely say this:

Everyone should be trained in unarmed combat including CQC before being issued their weapon of purchase.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Now we will have wall to wall coverage of the mass shooting until the next school shooter is inspired. It's almost seems like they want it to happen again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by dmode View Post
    Now we will have wall to wall coverage of the mass shooting until the next school shooter is inspired. It's almost seems like they want it to happen again and again.
    I don't believe these individuals are inspired to take life...this is more like an extreme cry for help.

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent220 View Post
    I don't believe these individuals are inspired to take life...this is more like an extreme cry for help.
    absolutely.. the people around them need to pick up on clues and act on them.

Having been a victim of attempted murder by guns I can safely say this:

Everyone should be trained in unarmed combat including CQC before being issued their weapon of purchase.
    Disagree vehemently.

Firearms are great equalizers. A gun means our governor can be just as deadly as some KungMaga (or is it Krav Fu?) expert. A little girl is as deadly as a massive man. Little old ladies can stop a US Marine.

It's just a tool, and, like unarmed training, it's only one aspect of combat, but it's a powerful equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Disagree vehemently.

Firearms are great equalizers. A gun means our governor can be just as deadly as some KungMaga (or is it Krav Fu?) expert. A little girl is as deadly as a massive man. Little old ladies can stop a US Marine.

It's just a tool, and, like unarmed training, it's only one aspect of combat, but it's a powerful equalizer.
    My case is not to ban weapons but rather in the belief that all masters in weaponry especially in the ancient times are also proficient in unarmed combat as a means to get away safely or to get to their weapon to then go on the offensive.

I was trained in a grappling martial art for almost a decade and achieved my black belt in February of last year. I can't begin to tell you the number of stories of petite women defending themselves from rapists, aggressive men, thieves, robbers, etc all of which were bigger, faster and stronger.

You are not always going to have your weapon on you. Learn how to defend yourself unarmed as a means to get away or get to your weapon. That includes those that lawfully conceal-carry or open carry.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    as long as the Media makes "rock stars " out of these killers its gona keep going.

My case is not to ban weapons but rather in the belief that all masters in weaponry especially in the ancient times are also proficient in unarmed combat as a means to get away safely or to get to their weapon to then go on the offensive.

I was trained in a grappling martial art for almost a decade and achieved my black belt in February of last year. I can't begin to tell you the number of stories of petite women defending themselves from rapists, aggressive men, thieves, robbers, etc all of which were bigger, faster and stronger.

You are not always going to have your weapon on you. Learn how to defend yourself unarmed as a means to get away or get to your weapon. That includes those that lawfully conceal-carry or open carry.
    That would be ideal, sure. But not everyone is able-bodied. Not everyone has the time to dedicate to not only becoming proficient with a gun, but mastering some unarmed system of combat. Not everyone wants to be Bruce Lee. Some are quite happy settling for being Dirty Harry. And that's just fine.