Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Watch and learn about Covid 19

TROLL ALERT!!! MULTIPLE HANDLES! STALKER! ENG00 FuckIt Vadc0 Vadc1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookingsweet View Post
    Well they still haven't found a vaccine for sars covid2 . they thought it was over. The next virus will be covid 6.9
    6.9?
    COVID-2 is year 2002
    COVID-19 is year 2019
    What’s 6.9?

Verified Companion Companion GentleTouchbyLiz's Avatar
    Mathguy, did you even bother to watch the documentary before commenting?

If you did watch it, you would realize that "Spanish Flu" was just the title of what
    it was referred to in 1918 before modern technology. The documentary is about
    viruses and how they mutate from animal hosts to become fatal to humans.

If you have not watched it, I suggest you do for it is very interesting. I am in no
    way calling Covid 19 the flu. And I am not the only person who has watched the
    documentary to learn about Covid 19.

The documentary is about pandemics and the history of pandemics and how
    viruses mutate and what makes them deadly and to whom.
    I'm back in business, baby!

STALKER - BANNED!
    Well. Will never find a vaccine because covid19 is a new virus. Which will keep coming. Its just mother nature.
    Covid69. Is an std. Lol. Sorry i just made that up. Anyway. Everyone be safe. And this will be over after a month or so.

Verified Hobbyist BCD BigDallas's Avatar
    Most of the walking dead had some health problem already....just flu...

60,000 peeps die of illicit shit every year, alcohol-related deaths are like 70,000 a year, cigarettes kills around like what 300,000 a year lmao why doesn't the government care? yea whatever it's all a 1 trick pony show!!!! Come one people you can't be this stupid!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDallas View Post
    Most of the walking dead had some health problem already....just flu...

60,000 peeps die of illicit shit every year, alcohol-related deaths are like 70,000 a year, cigarettes kills around like what 300,000 a year lmao why doesn't the government care? yea whatever it's all a 1 trick pony show!!!! Come one people you can't be this stupid!!!!
    Things you’ve listed are by their choice. This shit is not by anyone’s choice.

I hope everyone here lives happy and healthy lives. I wish I could personally help anyone who needs it with medical advice. But for Godsake, this is the ONE place a lot of us come to not to have to hear all of this stuff. maybe a co-vid section ?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The plot thickens.

According to reports like this from the frontlines, it seems like Covid19 may kill more like malaria than pneumonia (which is why Chloroquine, etc. seem to sometimes work). There's still so many basic things unknown about how this virus operates that we may have to stay in our foxholes for awhile.

BANNED!!! MAJOR FAQ VIOLATIONS!
    It puzzles me why people post the latest news here, maybe they think nobody has a search engine or a television to watch the news. Please post up the 5 day forecast. Thanks

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
    It puzzles me why people post the latest news here, maybe they think nobody has a search engine or a television to watch the news. Please post up the 5 day forecast. Thanks
    you're telling me when you're looking for covid9 updates a ****** msg board isnt the first place you're gonna look? come on son

Verified Hobbyist BCD BigDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgecam View Post
    Things you’ve listed are by their choice. This shit is not by anyone’s choice.
    One is taxed and the other is not....

BANNED!!! MAJOR FAQ VIOLATIONS!
    Quote Originally Posted by kologero View Post
    you're telling me when you're looking for covid9 updates a ****** msg board isnt the first place you're gonna look? come on son
    I'll have to look over dozens of threads in here, there might be more information and speculations in this site than Google. Does anybody have some winning lottery numbers? I know someone in here has them....

Quote Originally Posted by GentleTouchbyLiz View Post
    Mathguy, did you even bother to watch the documentary before commenting?

If you did watch it, you would realize that "Spanish Flu" was just the title of what
    it was referred to in 1918 before modern technology. The documentary is about
    viruses and how they mutate from animal hosts to become fatal to humans.

If you have not watched it, I suggest you do for it is very interesting. I am in no
    way calling Covid 19 the flu. And I am not the only person who has watched the
    documentary to learn about Covid 19.

The documentary is about pandemics and the history of pandemics and how
    viruses mutate and what makes them deadly and to whom.
    Liz, thanks for your input. In fairness, no I didn't watch that video but you piqued my interest I will now.

I was mainly reinforcing things I've said before about the prevalent comparisons of the 1918 pandemic to SARS-COV-2. They are so wildly different & currently we can't even begin to pretend COVID-19 lives anywhere in the vicinity of the dangerous back alley of the 1918 pandemic. I'm sorry if that was in conflict with your video link (my bad). Yep, well aware of the misnomer about "Spanish Flu" & 1918 pandemic. I'm sufficiently versed in virology & bioscience. I look forward to watching the video now b/c regardless of whether or not it has anything "new to me" (certainly possible) it can also show me what others are saying & their perspectives relative to COVID-19.

You are right, I really should have watched it, or skimmed, before commenting. I usually do and I didn't in this case, that was totally my bad. However, my aim was not to discredit the video; my apologies if it presents that way. I'll watch the video :)
    -MG

^ Oh btw since you were interested in zoonotics (the term for transmission of viruses from animals to humans) here are a couple of interesting links about its origins and some of the zoonotic aspects:
    Multinational research study concludes: SARS-COV-2 has evolved from animals & jumped to humans years ago (flying under the radar)

Virology Journal Study Published Dec 22 2015 - Zoonotics and origin of coronaviruses in bats . <------- interesting deal here is that the study authors warned of this issue, in 2015! You can read it in the study link at the bottom in the concl5/summary. They specifically cite the danger & issues of zoonotic mutations in alpha and beta coronaviruses to human hosts.

So, scientists specifically warned of the health risk to humans all the way back in Dec 2015. The current govt not only dropped a prepandemic response plan we had in place prior (used in 2009 pandemic) but they also could have been on top of trying to understand why COVs are going through fairly regular & rapid zoonosis.
    -MG

Quote Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
    5 Day Forecast - it will be more than today

Not a hobby related topic.

Moved to the proper forum.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2