Alright, perhaps a Patrick Henry quote is a tad extreme, but apparently the Midwest of all places is demonstrating against shelter orders.

https://news.yahoo.com/protests-draw...024328374.html

Looks like the Mid-South and Midwest have had enough. I get it, true winter conditions lead to cabin fever, etc. But if you look at the new JHU USA map and drill down you see other potential causes. Most of Ohio and Michigan are NOT impacted seriously by the disease, and yet they are treated the same as the metropolitan areas that are.

Texas isn't much different. H-town seems to be hit hard, but relative to other large US cities we have had it mild. Houston, Dallas, and Austin...the rest of the state is really clean.

I, for one, support flattening the curve. But now that we have accomplished that I feel we should try to re-start the economy. If we see a resurgence in cases we can re-institute quarantine but starting in early May once we have peaked I do not see the benefit of continued quarantine until facts, not fears, show otherwise.

I welcome your views as I am not a native. BUT, PLEASE, NO POLITICS. Policy comments/thoughts should be OK, but naming people or parties is NOT what OH2 stands for, do try to not fuck up rational debate by making it an us v them thread. Gracias.