Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RIP Barbra Bush

Registered Female (Not Verified) elisabethwhispers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeseMcClain View Post
    I do love me some Trey but. I do feel peeps that lean to left seem to really hate republications. I for one do not lean either way. Neither side is for us they are for who ever gives them the most money.
    I have met Barbra several times and she treated me well. I have nothing but good things to say about her.
    I'm always going against the grain.

I was a card carrying Republican in my youth. Now, I'm a liberal snowflake but with an understanding of politics that I'm personally comfortable with. I've worked, in decades past, in that world.

Regardless of politics, I adored Barbara Bush. This might sound crazy but I LOVED her pearls (and her boxy suits!) and when I got into the professional sector, the first thing that I did was purchase some pearls. Alright, FAKE pearls but pearls!!!

When entering into the demimonde, pearls were an important feature with my first website!!!

I feel that often, people tend to insult strong women and she was a strong female. Valued family, etc. Strong, vocal, supportive of her children and husband ... what's not to like?

Really don't understand why some folks would say such ugly things about the woman. She dedicated her life to her family and also, in a fashion, politics. Much like Hillary has done.

Must have been a great experience to meet the woman!!! Very cool.

Nice topic!!!

Hugs,
    Elisabeth

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by elisabethwhispers; 04-26-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: same post done twice in topic. my mistake.
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Rates will be changing soon. Contact me to get grandfather'd in!

Verified Hobbyist BCD YssupRider's Avatar
    Double post. Please delete.
    Last edited by YssupRider; 04-26-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD YssupRider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    Can you refrain from using "twitler"? There are those who consider that "hate speech".
    Yeah, I can do that. Can YOU put a hate filter on your own keyboard, Mr. Mod?

Trump meanwhile went batshit again on Fox and Friends. Admitted he lied about the Stormy Daniels thing.

Character assassination? NOPE. When you have no character, it’s called suicide.

I won’t call the soon to be ex-POTUS as Twitler anymore. I’ll call him by his family name. DRUMPF. Is that a problem for you in “your yard?”

And you know, you’re right. Name calling is more Trump’s game than mine.

obnoxious pest controls applied
    Quote Originally Posted by YssupRider View Post
    Yeah, I can do that. Can YOU put a hate filter on your own keyboard, Mr. Mod?

Trump meanwhile went batshit again on Fox and Friends. Admitted he lied about the Stormy Daniels thing.

Character assassination? NOPE. When you have no character, it’s called suicide.

I won’t call the soon to be ex-POTUS as Twitler anymore. I’ll call him by his family name. DRUMPF. Is that a problem for you in “your yard?”

And you know, you’re right. Name calling is more Trump’s game than mine.
    As my hero Ronald Reagan would say " well here we go again"..
    I have never in my life seen the amount of hate coming from the left.. Trump is trying to MAGA, sometimes with drastic measures. Because no one else will do what needs to be done.. How about the left, instead of race baiting and hatred actually try and contribute something.. If not get outta the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by winndixie View Post
    As my hero Ronald Reagan would say " well here we go again"..
    I have never in my life seen the amount of hate coming from the left.. Trump is trying to MAGA, sometimes with drastic measures. Because no one else will do what needs to be done.. How about the left, instead of race baiting and hatred actually try and contribute something.. If not get outta the way!!
    Either side spewing hatred at the other is hardly anything new in American politics, especially when we're basically divided into two winner-take-all teams. Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., etc all had the opposite party standing firmly against them. In American politics, you don't win elections by working with the other side and getting things done. It's more profitable to drum up your base with negative campaigning and to demonize the other side.

This isn't new, just a product of our two-party system, imo. The polarization in our politics and candidates is also made worse by the Gerrymandering of our districts, which produces more polarized candidates, especially in the House of Representatives.

The US is already great. We'll never return to the relative greatness (compared to the rest of the world) of the Post WWII era that conservatives love so much simply because the rest of the world has mostly recovered from the devastation of WWII and is starting to catch up to us, economically. It doesn't mean that our economy isn't still magnitudes ahead of the rest of the world, but obviously when you're at the top, you can't expect to advance at the same rate as someone who is starting from the bottom.

obnoxious pest controls applied
    Quote Originally Posted by JBravo View Post
    Either side spewing hatred at the other is hardly anything new in American politics, especially when we're basically divided into two winner-take-all teams. Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., etc all had the opposite party standing firmly against them. In American politics, you don't win elections by working with the other side and getting things done. It's more profitable to drum up your base with negative campaigning and to demonize the other side.

This isn't new, just a product of our two-party system, imo. The polarization in our politics and candidates is also made worse by the Gerrymandering of our districts, which produces more polarized candidates, especially in the House of Representatives.

The US is already great. We'll never return to the relative greatness (compared to the rest of the world) of the Post WWII era that conservatives love so much simply because the rest of the world has mostly recovered from the devastation of WWII and is starting to catch up to us, economically. It doesn't mean that our economy isn't still magnitudes ahead of the rest of the world, but obviously when you're at the top, you can't expect to advance at the same rate as someone who is starting from the bottom.
    I can respect this !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2