Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: where do you get your news

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar

Lightbulb where do you get your news

Please let us know how you get your news. I admit it, I am a news junkie and try to keep up daily
    which local TV news do you like best?
    do you watch national network news? which one is best?
    do you like NPR?
    what cable news do you like best, CNN? MSNBC? FOX?
    what online news do you read daily?
    what newspapers do you read?
    do you avoid current events as much as possible?

my answers
    which local TV news do you like best? KVUE, Kxan second
    do you watch national network news? which one is best? I tivo all 3 networks and watch them all, like ABC best
    do you like NPR? Yes listen daily on KUT
    any other radio news? Texas Standard daily ( A one-hour daily news magazine, Texas Standard is produced in the state capital in collaboration with KUT Austin, KERA North Texas, Houston Public Media and Texas Public Radio San Antonio, as well as news organizations across Texas, Mexico and the United States. Visit TexasStandard.org to read our newest stories ...)
    what cable news do you like best, CNN? MSNBC? FOX? CNN
    what online news do you read daily? huff po
    what newspapers do you read? Austin American stateman online
    do you avoid current events as much as possible? no I try to keep up

where is the future of news reporting headed?
    Last edited by Sue Nami; 04-17-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Retired Site "Guide"
    Journalism is dead. Nothing left but opinion.

Retired Companion
    Yep plus fake news too.

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar

Lightbulb we need a free and open press

the value of a free press is a wide variety of opinions and allows one to make their own decisions on what is fake news. Yes there is fake news and opinion pieces but it is easily spot-able when u gather your news from many disparate sources. we need a free and varied media now more than ever. by watching news stories from so many sources, i feel i get a bigger picture of what is happening and can form opinions better with a variety of sources and not just the propaganda machine.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Verified Companion Companion SweetArielRae's Avatar
    News sucks when all you see and hear about trump the dump!!!! Lol. Sorry I’m definitely not a trump fan.
    Last edited by SweetArielRae; 04-20-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    REFERENCES ARE A MUST. I WILL NOT SEE YOU WITHOUT REFERENCES.

Book on p411–SweetArielRae
    No Greek SS or BBFS

Retired Site "Guide"
    Yeah. CNN has become the new weather channel... All stormy, all the time.

obnoxious pest controls applied
    Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    Yeah. CNN has become the new weather channel... All stormy, all the time.

And msnbc is pure conspiracy and fantasy reporting

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I agree with gfejunkie....journalism is dead. You all remember Jim Cramer on CNBC (I think he still is the host for mad money). Before the' 08 financial collapse he was touted as a financial guru pitching stocks in a 30 minute frenzied cable show until he was outed as using his show to manipulate stocks for his benefit. His response? "the show was about entertainment". We don't have journalism any more, just entertainers....which isn't bad, but we shouldn't ever believe that we are getting all the facts, and in many cases none of the facts.

Verified Hobbyist BCD YssupRider's Avatar
    The cynical view of the uninformed is frightening.

And theball our assault on the truth is the first step toward a fascist state.

I would not say journalism is dead. The truth is still out there. But a vocal minority segment of the population is with too lazy or afraid to deal with the truth. And, as they have been for the last decade, they’ve been provided an easy way out by the likes of certain political/corporate forces. Don’t believe anything and you’ll never have to face the truth.

It’s a dangerous time, made more dangerous by the lazy.

I read everything I can online. Also read local papers; though they’re woefully late, they generally have enough time to check their facts. News is news. who, what, when, where, why and how. A building is on fire.

The rest of what many of you are reacting to is misnamed. A triumph of those who want to keep you misinformed, frustrated and angry.

There are no “versions” of the truth.

Retired Site "Guide"
    Quote Originally Posted by YssupRider View Post
    News is news. who, what, when, where, why and how. A building is on fire.
    If they stuck with that I could believe them. What they're doing now is journalistic malpractice. Instead of reporting the news they make themselves the news.

obnoxious pest controls applied
    Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    If they stuck with that I could believe them. What they're doing now is journalistic malpractice. Instead of reporting the news they make themselves the news.
    Walter Kronkite told Dan Rather when he was starting out " To report the news and not be the news" {paraphrased a little}!! Dan Rather was the first generation of reporters that did not follow this golden rule of journalism.... It's gone down hill ever sense......

Retired Site "Guide"
    Quote Originally Posted by winndixie View Post
    Walter Kronkite told Dan Rather when he was starting out " To report the news and not be the news" {paraphrased a little}!! Dan Rather was the first generation of reporters that did not follow this golden rule of journalism.... It's gone down hill ever sense......
    Exactly. He got just what he deserved too.

Probably not the first instance of "making shit up". Certainly not the last. Beware when you see or hear "unnamed" or "anonymous" sources. They're either lying or making shit up or somebody's leaking shit they shouldn't be. No credibility whatsoever.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I listen to REAL NEWS! News sources that criticizes and investigates TRUMP'S OBVIOUS CORRUPTION!

Retired Site "Guide"
    Hook, line, and sinker.

Registered Female (Not Verified) elisabethwhispers's Avatar
    I try to read both conservative and liberal news but I lean towards reading The Guardian UK, Reuters (which I've read is the most middle of the road news org out there) and like many, CNN.

As far as watching goes, I love VICE television which has a lot of articles about sexuality along with cutting edge news. VICE does have a very liberal bent at times and the news shows are directed at a much younger audience than myself. But I find the articles on the internet interesting and very informative. And sometimes the articles are just silly and/or fun.

I also feel that it's important to try to watch all types of news sources so that we can try, to the best of our ability, to make informed decisions that work for us. After being very conservative for the first portion of my adult life, I lean VERY liberal these days.

However, like others have mentioned above, I also have very strong feelings about certain issues going on. We all do. And with that being said, I still feel that we can debate without going for the jugular.

For those of you who have issues with Trump, and you're in good company with me, I saw a documentary that explained a lot to me.

"Get Me Roger Stone" was an eye opening watch for me. Really explained how some businessmen, politicians, etc., handle their business. And life. As the documentary was presented, felt a little bit sick that there are people out there who thrive on shit talking (excuse the vernacular), etc. But Stone's "method" is easy to recognize in others once you hear his MO.

Watched is a second time awhile back and had the same reaction. Very illuminating.

Happy Friday!!!
    Elisabeth
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Rates will be changing soon. Contact me to get grandfather'd in!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast