Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fyi

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    Gurl, it is too early for my blood to be boiling right now.
    Let me read this article .....

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeking ~P View Post
    Gurl, it is too early for my blood to be boiling right now.
    Let me read this article .....
    awe don't let this story make your blood bubble too hard!

even though it hella pissed me off

And now you can't be sleeping while black without having the cops called on you.

This is really getting outta hand and more bizarre each day.

I better stock up on air,
    cause any day it could be illegal for me to be breathing (while black).
    You never know. Smh

Retired Companion
    The sad fact of the matter is that in this day and age companies have to pay to train people to learn how to deal with other people in customer service. When you work in customer service that is the field you chose, and you have to know how to interact with other people of all nationalities.

What you do when your home life is your business but what you doing the public reflects on you as a person. I used to have a co-worker back in the day she was an older white lady and she was very very outspoken about how she did not care for people of the African American descent.

I told her whatever you do in your personal life off the clock is your business but while you are on this stores clock on the shift that you work you would treat everybody accordingly and be friendly and nice and do the right thing.

I told her that I would fire her if she had too many complaints on her for being a racist. Funny thing is Katrina happened, and she wound up going to Denver Colorado where her sister was, and my old boss never asked for her to come back.

He did however asked me to come back and manage two stores instead of the one I was already managing but I didn't do so at the time because I was living in Texas.

There's nothing funny about racism it's embedded in some people's hearts, and no matter how much you tried to go out of your way just change it and make it better some people will just never get it, or will they ever want to get it.

I have even had people tell me that they like some black people and not other black people and I'm like WTF??!!

And I have even had people of other nationalities say that they like some of their people but not all of their people. How can you like some of your own culture and not all of your own culture?

I don't get it....

M.M.

Overall, at the end of the day....
    if the boss aint right, the crew isn't right.

If the boss allows cruel behavior to certain select customers from his crew,
    then i'd question the life of the company.

I went to office depot a couple days ago
    and laid my item down on the counter,
    the checkout clerk wouldn't touch the item
    to scan it. He asked me to turn the item over
    so he could scan the barcode.
    I didn't pick up on it at first
    but clearly he didn't want to touch the item
    because I had touched it.

WTF!

If I would have been in the mood I would have
    asked for the manager but why?
    He's used to doing that b/c the manager allows the behavior
    and that's why he was comfortable doing what he did.

It's not the first time I purchased something while being black
    and was treated differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson View Post

I told her that I would fire her if she had too many complaints on her for being a racist.
    How many times is too many times for being racist before you'd take action?
    Just asking ...

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeking ~P View Post
    How many times is too many times for being racist before you'd take action?
    Just asking ...

Because I worked for a private own store a Chevron station in Metairie, I had to get permission on a lot of things even though I was manager of the store. Corporate stores do things differently than private own stores. Many times I wanted to fire her but my boss wanted to keep her working because she was old. Not a lot I could do my hands were basically tied I kept telling him what she was doing, and he felt sorry for her. So there you have it it wasn't my call.

Like I said I hated the fact how she was, I told her plenty of times to stop it. My boss just was a type of guy he felt sorry for his workers, he knew she needed her job and for the most part except for that she did what she was supposed to do and she showed up on time.

If I had my way after the first time I told her she would have been gone by the second time she did it.

Anybody that's ever work for private own company knows what I mean for the most part.

~P I think you know how I am you should know me well enough by now to know my character. That should never come into question.

M.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson View Post
    Many times I wanted to fire her but my boss wanted to keep her working because she was old.

My boss just was a type of guy he felt sorry for his workers, he knew she needed her job
    My point exactly.
    She knew the boss allowed it and that's why she continued to do it.
    There are no 'zero tolerance' policies in place for a lot businesses/companies nowadays.

Lots of big businesses have a silent AA hiring policy. Meaning only hire All American and no African American.
    It's a silent policy that's hush hush.

Your boss felt sorry for her but he didn't give a damn about all the black folks she abused
    on a daily basis,
    if he did he would have sent her out the door at the first time she openly displayed her racism.
    She knew her job was not in jeopordy and she didn't give a damn about what you were saying
    and business was run as usual.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3