Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fyi

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar

Fyi

Those of you who like to gift me with a Starbucks gift card as an additional kind gift....
    I hate to sound mean but I will no longer accept that gift card as I will not be visiting Starbucks any longer.
    I was never a huge fan of the chain. They never could get a simple order correct anyway. Smh.

Thanks and happy hobbying.

~P

Retired Site "Guide"
    I hear Dunkin' has better coffee anyway.

^Thank you! I don't really care for Dunkin Donuts all that much.
    Did a little bit of research and IIRC, there are 24 black owned coffee shops in the greater New Orleans area.
    I haven't checked any of them out yet but I soon will.....

Retired Companion

I just...

Heard what happened. I can't believe I'm the last to know anything LOL. I don't drink coffee anyway so that's a plus for me. But I just hate that they did that to those people.

M.M.

Verified Hobbyist BCD albundy v2.0's Avatar
    Their coffee tastes like piss and is overpriced. I rather Mr. Ronnie's in Houma.

Simple, good old Community Coffee. Black, no cream/no sugar. That's all I need.
    Eats Hot Pockets. Bangs Hooers.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson View Post
    those people.

M.M.
    Those people?

You mean the two gentlemen

Retired Companion
    Yes ~P I mean those two young gentleman you know what I meant. What happened to them was unacceptable.
    M.M.

Verified Hobbyist BCD albundy v2.0's Avatar
    Eats Hot Pockets. Bangs Hooers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD myren1900's Avatar

Angry

Arrested for NOT drinking coffee while black ...

Unfortunately, racial profiling and injustice is still all too common.
    Five star experiences with THE five star Ebony Goddess

Registered Female (Not Verified) Lia88's Avatar
    This would have turned out so differently if all the white ppl in that Starbucks didn’t say anything. And honestly if I’m out with my white friends and they don’t stand up for me like that when something overtly racist happens. we won’t be friends the next day.
    Unfortunately Black people have to be the perfect victims in order for mainstream society to rally behind them. Everybody keep saying how these black guys were talking in a low voice and calmly and didn’t talk back to the cops or get aggressive. Yeah that’s cool but if I get publicly kicked out somewhere because I’m black I may be pissed and rightfully so. I’m so sick of people using our angry reactions to being mistreated as a way to justify the racist behavior that cause the effect.

America “they should have left when the manager and police asked. I wouldn’t stay anywhere I’m not wanted. Plus you have to buy something you can’t just chill.” Please stfu.
    🌹Sexy Fun Spanish Mami Puerto Rican Lia🌹

250hhr - 400HR - 560 HR 1/2 - 700 2 HRS

puertoricanlia@protonmail.com

TWITTER🌹: @puertoricanlia
    WEBSITE🌹: https://linktr.ee/puertoricanlia
    INSTAGRAM🌹: @puerto_ricanlia
    Provide Delights Member: https://privatedelights.ch/myprofile

TEXT🌹:985-236-8407

This would have turned out so differently if all the white ppl in that Starbucks didn’t say anything. And honestly if I’m out with my white friends and they don’t stand up for me like that when something overtly racist happens. we won’t be friends the next day.
    Unfortunately Black people have to be the perfect victims in order for mainstream society to rally behind them. Everybody keep saying how these men were talking in a low voice and calmly and didn’t talk back to the cops or get aggressive. Yeah that’s cool but if I get publicly kicked out somewhere because I’m black I may be pissed and rightfully so. I’m so sick of people using our angry reactions to being mistreated as a way to justify the racist behavior that cause the effect.

America “they should have left when the manager and police asked. I wouldn’t stay anywhere I’m not wanted. Plus you have to buy something you can’t just chill.” Please quiet yourself

The people who say 'those people' will never understand because they have never been black.

I find that when I try to explain certain situations that those 'other' people never understand what I'm saying because they've never been my skin tone.

I find that in conversation with those 'other' people they always try to find a way to validate their wrongs in some sort of way. They justify their wrongs in their little minds. Smh

I never try to correct them because they will never see it my way and besides they have the right to remain wrong and to remain in their own little small brain.

I hear the two men agreed to meet with the guy, if it were me I wouldn't agree to meet with any of them.

Retired Companion

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lia88 View Post
    Unfortunately Black people have to be the perfect victims in order for mainstream society to rally behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeking ~P
    The people who say 'those people' will never understand because they have never been black.
    True, true. =/

So Starbucks is going to train those 'other' people on how to embrace those people who are different from them. MmmmK!

Once Starbucks realizes that racism isn't ON a person it's IN them and all the training in the world wont remove the racism from INside them.

Racism isn't like wearing a shirt or a pair of pants and you take it off at night before bed.

But good luck training 175k people.

Racism will still be here and the only thing that'll change is the date and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeking ~P View Post
    Racism will still be here and the only thing that'll change is the date and time.
    I wish they had a like button so i could like this a million times #Facts smh It's funny when you talk about racism. Ppl that usually have alot to say suddenly Don't. Smh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast