Thread: Purpose of OurHome2.net and its relationship(s) to ASPD and ECCIE

Registered - not validated

Purpose of OurHome2.net and its relationship(s) to ASPD and ECCIE

I just posted on ECCIE, upon seeing OurHome2.net exists a few minutes ago: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=337741 . (Text is cut and paste below).

Considering all the boards available already, why was OurHome2.net created? Who created it? How is it different than those available? When was it launched? I'm not challenging that it should exist, I just want to know for my own uses and also out of curiosity.

nicemusic

-------------

I was pretty active as a reviewer in ASPD (in TX). With its demise, I was lost for a while and unable to track down things, because of difficulties in other parts of my life.

I happened upon ECCIE, but haven't had time to read every posting in every thread, obviously. But, it seems to me that it is the best available continuation of what ASPD was. But, today, I became aware of OurHome2.net, through a link in the "I miss" thread. This made me realize that the old ASPD folks might be developing OurHome2.net.

I am hoping that someone who is more aware of how ASPD splintered and the boards have developed can just summarize how that happened, the players, and how each of the boards work, different, and are the similar. It would be especially helpful, since I don't have time to keep track of ten zillion boards but might be willing to contribute to more than one.

Even better would be a table summarizing all the available sites, including ISG, USSG, TER, etc., and what they do, including what areas of the country and world they serve best. It's a job for someone with a sort of academically oriented mind and some time, but it would be fun for him/her and very useful for us.

Anyone willing to do that task? And, if not, anyone willing to just address my interest in a comparison and history of the three boards listed in the title of this post?

Retired Administrator
    each a separate entity.....

no direct relationships at all with one another.....

some for profit while others are not and internally subsidized.....

different services offered to the ladies for advertising (daily, weekly, multiple, etc) on each entity.....

some have less stringent vouching while others have deeper levels of security available through strict recognition, participation, current reflective/personal vouching and not to be placed along the wayside; albeit, location of servers in relationship to within the continental United States and/or off shore and the availabilty of proper back-up systems.....

With reference to your other queries ==> it sounds as though you are well versed in the mechanisms and mannerisms of the various forums across the country and around the world. Each and every one is based on no particular modality or operating system and all are configured to service the base population that it is directed towards. These are referred to as business models.

I would suggest you take the time to read those things that may be interesting to you and conjure up your own personal interests towards any specific (or many) group(s).

Thank you for your interest and have a good week.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Thanks for the notice, and, simply put, I personally know of nearly 200 hobby-type boards in the U.S. and several dozens overseas.

Home2 predates eccie, and was founded in late 2008 (and opened in January 2009) as a "social" communications resource for those (mainly aspd members) in the distinct hobbying communities who needed a functioning communications venue to stay in touch when aspd faltered for short periods. And then when aspd finally expired home2 became a more general resource.

There are several threads on home2 and on eccie about the many boards out there.

Someone much more wise than me put it this way: "Don;t put all your eggs in one basket!"
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!