Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So....what exactly is it

So....what exactly is it

that causes certain whiny ass people to use the RTM button? Appears to me that it's almost exclusively done when people have some issue with another person.

I wrote an informative thread yesterday, spent my time to do it, to help educate, I was even thanked for it in PM by girls, and I was asked questions about it too. It was removed/deleted apparently b/c someone reported it due to an "unallowed topic". The absurdity is that the thread was not about any unallowed topic, not one bit. Even more ridiculous is that I see this "unallowed" word/topic fucking used all over the place!.

Don't think I don't know who did it either. You wanna play that game? Fine. I can do it too. I guarantee you I will do it better. Goddamn predator clowns.

P.S. No rules broken. No one named or pointing to anyone specifically in the open. Just words. Words or phrases used in practically every other post on this board. So if you whiny retards want to report this one then expect every single post you make from now on to get the same treatment. I'll do it until my fingers hurt if you don't heed my fucking warning! Don't fuck with my posts or my time. Knock that shit off.
    -MG

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    I saw the thread, and it was very well written and informative. But I knew it wouldn't stay up for long whether anyone RTM'd it or not, because one element of the subject matter is not allowed. Even in reference to current events and topics relevant to the community, all references to persons must be limited to adult persons. No exceptions are allowed. Your post wasn't inappropriate that I could tell, but them's the rules. Don't take it personally. It happens to the best of us. Just one of the quirks of the site.

Yea I gotcha Mark. I do get that and I appreciate your response.

The main issue for me is that I see posts all over the friggin place that say it or link to a news story. One I even asked to remove but no one did anything (I asked b/c it was disturbing). Because of this I'm convinced of who did this since the point wasnt even about that unallowed topic.

I'm pissed about the removal. I don't have a backup of the darkweb section which was the most important part for the nontech crowd to understand. I have to write it again if I want people to know.

To the loser who did it... screw you. I will make you wish you never did it (nonviolently, no violent threat whatsoever). I won't let it go though. I will do the same and more.

Thanks again Mark for the reply. Appreciate it
    -MG

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    You should definitely rewrite it and post again, maybe with a few edits or workarounds. Great stuff.

Yup thx Mark. That's my plan. Yea I felt it important too, especially for the less technical crowd or those not in the know.
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The dark web post?

^ Yea, Stew, that was the one. It wasn't even about the other forbidden topic. That was just at the top in order to set up the purpose for me explaining everything that followed about the darkweb. I'll just have to redo it and take out the forbidden content. Ridiculous b/c I didn't even really talk about that. I see posts all the time that reference it or say something about it.

I'll just have to allude to it some other way when I re-post b/c it really makes no sense without setting up the point for the hypothesis about the DarkNet and how trafficking laws are mostly aimed at the really atrocious things going on within the various dark webs which exist within our public internet infrastructure. The internet, or the web, is actually composed of 3 layers. These layers are known today as: Surface Layer, Deep Web, and the Dark Web. The DarkWeb (also known as the DarkNet) is what is of most interest to the LEO's. I'll rewrite it and post it tomorrow I guess. Ugh. Can't believe someone reported it. Gnight
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yeah the mere mention of some things is not ok.
    The post was informative and all, but try to repost without specific things. Good luck and such.

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
    Yup thx Mark. That's my plan.

sweet.

looking forward to it!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Try to chill MG and let it go. We all get called on the carpet now and then.
    7454D06A-8799-4320-AE70-23B4B2A5BF16.jpeg
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD Green Eyed Shy Guy's Avatar
    I thought is was one of the best post I've ever read. I've always wanted to go to the dark web just to see what it's but I'll take your word to never ever try.

If you can please explain why someone should never go to the dark web just to see what it's like that would be appreciated.

Verified Companion Companion
    It was a phenomenal thread. I wish I had 'quoted' it when I sent you a PM. I hope you can remake it. Thanks again for your suggestions. :)

On the contrary...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Eyed Shy Guy View Post
    I thought is was one of the best post I've ever read. I've always wanted to go to the dark web just to see what it's but I'll take your word to never ever try.

If you can please explain why someone should never go to the dark web just to see what it's like that would be appreciated.
    The dark web isn't always used for malicious purposes, I know protonmail has an .onion address and there's also a .onion for the CIAs website. If I'm not mistaken the CIA originally created the dark web and gave it to the general public because its easier to stay anonymous in a crowd.

Also operating systems like TAILS are used under oppressive regimes in order for citizens to access the internet without getting into legal trouble.

Are they still using TOR for the onion links?

noxious pest controls applied
    Quote Originally Posted by puffDATY View Post
    The dark web isn't always used for malicious purposes, I know protonmail has an .onion address and there's also a .onion for the CIAs website. If I'm not mistaken the CIA originally created the dark web and gave it to the general public because its easier to stay anonymous in a crowd.

Also operating systems like TAILS are used under oppressive regimes in order for citizens to access the internet without getting into legal trouble.
    Completely missing the point just to discredit math guy. The dark web is not for the tech challenged nor should it be used without very good pc protection!
    With that knowledge does the dark web sound like a disneyland place ? Its a place that is basically unregulated and a haven for criminals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast