Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why can I not post a review?

Verified Hobbyist BCD

why can I not post a review?

I've tried a dozen times to post a review in the place where it says "post a new review" and after putting in hundreds of words, the only response is that I need to make it longer than "1 character" WTF? seriously, WTF? I see dozens of review posted a day, what's the secret code?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Read this.

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/forumdi...PLATE-GREMLINS

I’ve tried only twice to post reviews here, and both times fell victim to the dread gremlin. I just posted a review tonight, and it too failed the first couple of times. Here’s what I did that worked.

I filled out all of the fields. In the public comments field I inserted only the letter A. Then I submitted it. It worked! Then I edited it to add the public comments.

No guarantee that this will work for you. But between CK’s suggestions and sheer stubbornness, you’ll get there. Best of luck.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    This thread may be of interest to you.

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...BLANK-template
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    yeah, I've read that a few times, doesn't help really because the place where I need to leave a review is the very place where I can't - tried your "A" idea and it still does the same shit. The people who run this website need to fix their shit. I shouldn't need some secret code to do what other people do all day every day. It's fucking bullshit. I'm not a programmer and I shouldn't have to be to use a website. Fucking slackers.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    used that too, no different, I guess I'll just post it here, since this website doesn't really work for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by big.knockover View Post
    yeah, I've read that a few times, doesn't help really because the place where I need to leave a review is the very place where I can't - tried your "A" idea and it still does the same shit. The people who run this website need to fix their shit. I shouldn't need some secret code to do what other people do all day every day. It's fucking bullshit. I'm not a programmer and I shouldn't have to be to use a website. Fucking slackers.
    Don’t blame the staff. I’ve read blogs on this issue that are 15 years old.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Since you are so disgusted here, I guess you can go post it over on the “E”
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Application Rejected

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Retired Companion

oh lawwwwwwwwd....

OP went ahead & posted the review in another section of the forum

is it that serious, bruh

If you’re using Safari (I am), go to settings, Safari, clear history and website data. Then try posting your review.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Some devices, particularly cells and tablets (iPhones and iPads especially mentioned), are not compatible with the system. PC and laptops work best. We are constantly trying to boot the %$#@& gremlin, wretched and persistent creature! He pops up intermittently and sometimes unexpectedly. Yes, it's frustrating to management, too!

Posting the public portion of the review and then going back and editing within the 60-minute window is often successful, or adding the ROS subsequently in HIDE tags, and if all else fails, post what you can and PM the hidden details to staff, and they will be added. You can use the template to also post in the private Hobbyist-only forum, then RTM it (report to mod triangular button at the bottom of every post's avatar) for relocation and HIDE tags.

Review in question was successfully placed in the appropriate forum.

Thank you for your tolerance with a completely non-profit site and an all-volunteer staff!

Last edited by Fancyinheels; 09-19-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Updated.

Retired Companion

Palette OP, don't be so rude ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post

Thank you for your tolerance with a completely non-profit site and an all-volunteer staff!

[bold emphasis]

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    If you're pasting anything from your clipboard, many times that will cause what you're experiencing. Here's a work around, usually.

After you paste, backspace over a couple letters and then type them in manually
    I enjoy writing fiction. Please don't confuse my stories with reality.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Don't mean to be rude, if this is a non-profit site then why does the Secret Benefits popup show up every time I log in? I thought that must be for y'all to earn some revenue.

Oh well I guess that could be for covering server costs and you are still losing money or only breaking even.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast