Thread: The dreaded NCNS

Verified Hobbyist BCD Boris69bb's Avatar

The dreaded NCNS

I'd really like honest opinions from Providers on this, I think most Hobbyists would love to know...

I can understand that things come up, and sometimes you might have to cancel your appointments, but why make the decision to not call to let the person know. Is it because you have so little respect for the other person's time?

I had an appointment scheduled with a well known, well reviewed provider this morning. After confirming last night and driving from Circle C is south Austin to the Auboretum area, the person ghosts me.

Should I not be upset and expect am apology?

Can't we all be a bit more considerate?
    Last edited by Boris69bb; 09-12-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    I'm sorry that happened to you and yes that's very inconsiderate. Not all providers do that and the ones that do typically have had a past of doing so.

Life and what not can get in the way sometimes but there is no excuse with the technology that we have today to not be able to send a text or an email from almost anywhere very quickly.

I'm not saying that her lack of professionalism is ok but maybe give it a few hours for a response to make sure she is ok and wasn't in an accident etc.

I have a question and please do not take it personal. You mentioned you confirmed last night for this morning did she give you the full address last night or just the general area? Did you speak with her at all this morning to confirm before making the long drive?

I'm asking because I know for myself... I do not consider an appointment confirmed until we have spoke the day of and you have been given my exact location and directions. If I book something the night before for the next morning I require confirmation the morning of so I know we are still on and so I'm not getting up early and ready for nothing.
    Last edited by britttany_love; 09-12-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I do the exact same thing Brit. I’ll text an hour before the appt, and if I don’t get a response then I’ll assume it’s a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by bob malooga View Post
    I do the exact same thing Brit. I’ll text an hour before the appt, and if I don’t get a response then I’ll assume it’s a no-go.
    Yes it the best way to guarantee everything is good to go!

Retired Companion
    This is one of my pet peeves. The bottom line is that it's just plain rude. I had an appointment with a client one night when it was raining so bad that I rear ended someone and I still managed to communicate to my client that I was not going to be able to make it. Back in the day when we had no cell phones and had to walk to a payphone to call somebody - yes, that was a problem but not now.

I'm sorry that happened to you. When I use to make appointments with new clients I would text them in the morning of the appointment. Or sometimes the new client would text me to confirm. Either way it worked out well.

And yes, I totally agree - I wish everyone could be a little more considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris69bb View Post
    I'd really like honest opinions from Providers on this, I think most Hobbyists would love to know...

I can understand that things come up, and sometimes you might have to cancel your appointments, but why make the decision to not call to let the person know. Is it because you have so little respect for the other person's time?

I had an appointment scheduled with a well known, well reviewed provider this morning. After confirming last night and driving from Circle C is south Austin to the Auboretum area, the person ghosts me.

Should I not be upset and expect am apology?

Can't we all be a bit more considerate?

Quote Originally Posted by britttany_love View Post
    Yes it the best way to guarantee everything is good to go!
    Hey Brittany, last night I asked her to confirm the time,, and give me the general area. I got just that, a "Yes" and the general area. I know some providers dont like to give out the specific address until right before the appointment. I know it may be common practice to confirm an hour before the appointment, but I'm a Consultant and I schedule my day by the minutes. An hour confirmation does me no good if it takes me over an hour to get there; and anyone who has lived in Austin knows traffic is unpredictable.

I did get a apology, about 4 hours later and a 7% discount off a future session.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris69bb View Post
    Hey Brittany, last night I asked her to confirm the time,, and give me the general area. I got just that, a "Yes" and the general area. I know some providers dont like to give out the specific address until right before the appointment. I know it may be common practice to confirm an hour before the appointment, but I'm a Consultant and I schedule my day by the minutes. An hour confirmation does me no good if it takes me over an hour to get there; and anyone who has lived in Austin knows traffic is unpredictable.

I did get a apology, about 4 hours later and a 7% discount off a future session.
    Based on that information I don't consider that a set in stone appointment and as a hobbysist I would not have made that drive without making sure the following morning that we were still on. To me if you make a long drive with out first talking with the lady the morning of to see if things are all good and then also doing this with out getting a set address then you can't really be upset at anyone but yourself for not checking in before taking off. I mean I'm not making a long drive unless I know all systems are go. That's just me though and in this hobby you always need to make sure.

If I have a guy that contacts me the night before for a next day appointment. This is what I do.. Say he wants like 10 am: we talk, I tell him I will leave the 10 am appointment slot open for him but he will need to contact me no later than say 8 am the following morning to confirm and get my address details. If I don't hear from said person by 8 am then I consider the appointment cancelled and I will move on with my day. When they contact the morning of and confirm this is when I then give them the general area and the address to a location close to my place. Only then is the appointment and appointment and they can proceed to my area. Once they are at the area I told them, they then are told to text me so I can then give them the exact address and guide them to me, I do this to cut down on timewasters and guys who cancel last minute from having my address if they aren't going to show up.

For me: If we haven't talked the day of then we do not have an appointment. I will require we speak the day we are to see each other otherwise it is not a confirmed date and you should not be coming to my area. If you do it is on you and you wasted your own time.

This is just what I do and it works flawlessly for me.

Again I'm sorry that happened and hopefully you got to enjoy the rest of your day!
    Last edited by britttany_love; 09-12-2019 at 02:13 PM.

I completely understand your logic, but the fact that ive done this successfully with several providers tells me that different people have processes.

But I guess for some their word only means something at certain times. I guess I'm a bit old school, my word is my word and when I commit to something I am committed.

This has been very enlightening. Thanks for the comments.

Verified Companion Valentina Voluptua's Avatar
    You sound like a nice guy Boris. I hope you're treated better in the future.
    Muscular Integrity Consultation $180

Former Guests in Good Standing having seen me in the last 4 months-Contact Pamela at valentinavoluptua@protonmail.com 24 hours preferred or at least 3+ hours notice
    New P411 Guests, Please provide at least 3-24 hours notice Two okays within 4 months required https://preferred411.com/P153807
    All Other Guests: https://form.jotform.com/81655036484158 24 hours advanced booking required

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina Voluptua View Post
    You sound like a nice guy Boris. I hope you're treated better in the future.
    Awwww. Thank you lovely.
    I have met some wonderful women on here and for rhe lost part they are great. Just like to do a PSA reminder every now and then whem ot gets frustrating.