Thread: Tailbone pain....

Verified Companion Companion VikkiLyn's Avatar
    This is one I cant explain..I didnt fall recently or anything but for the past 2 weeks when I sit in a chair and have to stand up my tailbone hurts like its broken....I know its not broken because I can walk just fine and bend over the pain only comes when I go to stand up from a chair...........The pain lasts 30 seconds to a minute but goes away until I sit again...any ideas?
    If you dont see an ad posted feel free to text anyways :)

The secret to happiness is laughter and Orgasm

512*659*9623..Text is ok

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VikkiLyn @ Apr 6 2010, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This is one I cant explain..I didnt fall recently or anything but for the past 2 weeks when I sit in a chair and have to stand up my tailbone hurts like its broken....I know its not broken because I can walk just fine and bend over the pain only comes when I go to stand up from a chair...........The pain lasts 30 seconds to a minute but goes away until I sit again...any ideas?[/b]
    Since I am not a Dr. I can&#39;t charge you for the examination, but I will happily examine you to determine your level of injury. All examinations come with the guaranteed "I will kiss it and make it better" treatment!!!!!

In all seriousness, it may be a lower disc problem or a pinched sciatic nerve.

I may get too old to cut the mustard, but I&#39;ll never be too old to lay around and lick the jar!!!

Whatever it is I dont like it....you can come kiss it better anytime :)

512*659*9623..Text is ok

Retired Administrator
    Hi VikkiLyn....sorry I can&#39;t be there to talk about this.

The coccyx, or tailbone, is the triangular bony structure located at the bottom of the vertebral column. It is composed of three to five bony segments held in place by joints and ligaments.

A coccyx or tailbone injury results in pain and discomfort in the tailbone area (the condition is called coccydynia). These injuries may result in a bruise, dislocation, or break (fracture) of the coccyx. Although they may be slow to heal, the majority of coccyx injuries can be managed with conservative treatment.

The majority of coccyx injuries occur in women because the female pelvis is broader, and the coccyx is more exposed.

Please feel free to peruse this site which I think is pretty decent:
    Coccyx Pain

Take care my friend

Thanks guys

Dennis if there was a fracture would it hurt all the time?

512*659*9623..Text is ok

Retired Administrator
    click here within the link:

http://www.cure-back-pain.org/fractured-coccyx.html

http://www.cure-back-pain.org/broken-tailbone.html

just about everything says time..........and of course you know I am a believer in pain control and over the counter products if you gain relief....
    that age old Tylenol ES (per body weight) and Motrin (Ibprofen) 800mg (4 of the over the counter 200mg tabs) 3 times a day. It&#39;s a good idea to take ibuprofen with food, or at least milk.

If you can feel any deformities or if it is just plain WAY TOO severe--- please see a provider.

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    Just be sure to NOT exceed the recommended dose of Tylenol/acetaminophen. Be sure you aren&#39;t taking more than one med containing acetaminophen, for instance NyQuil or Vicodin.

Overdoses of acetaminophen are much worse than overdoses of other pain relievers. Serious medical problems, death, or worse can result. You also tend to not get a lot of warning before the damage is done.

The problem gets worse if you combine acetaminophen with alcohol. 3 drinks a day may be enough to cause problems.

From the FDA:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    In some individuals, taking just a small amount more than the recommended total daily dose
    of acetaminophen (4 grams per day) may lead to liver injury. Acetaminophen has a narrow
    safety margin. This means that there is little difference between the maximum recommended daily
    dose and a potentially harmful dose. There is scientific agreement that taking a large amount of
    acetaminophen over a short period of time causes liver injury, but there are varying views on the
    specific threshold dose for toxicity.[/b]
    Me, I stick with aspirin, motrin or other NSAIDs unless I have a reason to use Tylenol/acetaminophen.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

I have a scrip for 800mg ibprof....from last month when i told the doctor that my other bones hurt..it comes and goes so I dont even take the meds cause when I need it and the time the pain goes away is faster then waiting for it to kick in....

512*659*9623..Text is ok

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VikkiLyn @ Apr 7 2010, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    it comes and goes so I dont even take the meds[/b]
    VikkiLyn, Hopefully you feel better by now, I didn’t think my post will add any value after Dennisrn’s comments but if you still in pain you should do some x-ray. Make sure you explicitly request coned-down (focused) views of the coccyx itself not just AP or lateral view.
    * People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    ** Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. Abraham Lincoln

*** Verboden van het hebben van veelvoudige partners.
    **** Niet meer beschikbaar

Its still there....I just dont sit in certain chairs anymore...weird thing is other bones hurt toolike deepin the bone...maybe I am just getting old lol

512*659*9623..Text is ok

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Strongly suggest that you get to a qualified MD ASAP. Pain in the bones can be leukemia and / or other, even more aggressive cancers. No amount of acetaminophen or ibuprofen is gonna fix that. For what it's worth, NSAIDS greatly increase your chances of micro perforations of your stomach and intestines (microscopic ulcers), heart attack, and stroke. Worse odds if you are on oral birth control or smoke. I was taking the max dose of Celebrex for a back injury until it sent me to the ER with a heart attack.

Don't delay.
    Last edited by F117; 09-02-2019 at 12:59 AM. Reason: misspelling

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    While the reply above is appreciated for the well-intentioned info, let's please not bump outdated topics that haven't seen activity since 2010! Thanks. -- FIH/staff