Thread: Tailbone pain....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Administrator
    click here within the link:

http://www.cure-back-pain.org/fractured-coccyx.html

http://www.cure-back-pain.org/broken-tailbone.html

just about everything says time..........and of course you know I am a believer in pain control and over the counter products if you gain relief....
    that age old Tylenol ES (per body weight) and Motrin (Ibprofen) 800mg (4 of the over the counter 200mg tabs) 3 times a day. It's a good idea to take ibuprofen with food, or at least milk.

If you can feel any deformities or if it is just plain WAY TOO severe--- please see a provider.

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    Just be sure to NOT exceed the recommended dose of Tylenol/acetaminophen. Be sure you aren't taking more than one med containing acetaminophen, for instance NyQuil or Vicodin.

Overdoses of acetaminophen are much worse than overdoses of other pain relievers. Serious medical problems, death, or worse can result. You also tend to not get a lot of warning before the damage is done.

The problem gets worse if you combine acetaminophen with alcohol. 3 drinks a day may be enough to cause problems.

From the FDA:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    In some individuals, taking just a small amount more than the recommended total daily dose
    of acetaminophen (4 grams per day) may lead to liver injury. Acetaminophen has a narrow
    safety margin. This means that there is little difference between the maximum recommended daily
    dose and a potentially harmful dose. There is scientific agreement that taking a large amount of
    acetaminophen over a short period of time causes liver injury, but there are varying views on the
    specific threshold dose for toxicity.[/b]
    Me, I stick with aspirin, motrin or other NSAIDs unless I have a reason to use Tylenol/acetaminophen.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...