Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Popeyes chicken sandwich

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Popeyes chicken sandwich

Great marketing campaign. You would think the thing prevented cancer or something with the following this thing has gotten.

Has anyone actually tried one of these things? I went to get one yesterday and apparently they are ‘sold out’. I think they are milking it to get free hype and advertising.

chicken sandwich sold out, I didn't know anything about it till now !!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I haven’t had Popeyes in years, but really liked them way back when I was in graduate school.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    I am a fried chicken fanatic, as in crispy bird will be my last meal, so yes, I have tried it (several times), and it's very, very tasty fresh out of the hot vat. I like Chick-fil-A sandwiches, too, but the Popeyes version is crunchier since buttermilk-battered; better seasoned IMHO; brioche over a plain bun; complemented by a nice mayo (no clue what brand) and pickle slices that taste like Claussen, my favorite dills.

I am one of those who now prefer it over CFA. Two greasy thumbs up!
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 08-29-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You can buy one on eBay for only $2000. Lol

Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Ye Gods! I don't like ANYTHING that much!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Can you imagine what that thing looks like when you actually get it in the mail.

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    I like Popeye's a lot, but I was never interested in trying the sandwich.. until the marketing gimmick hit. then they were sold out, of course. I think it has to be marketing.. how do you run out of chicken for the sandwich? unless they are pre-made and shipped frozen? I remember years ago, some Pizza joint had a mini-pizza for a short time, I ordered a large, then decided what the Hell, I'll try a mini while I'm at it.. ordered, and the cashier said "we're out of the mini".. I thought nothing of it, until the guy behind me asked "how do you run out of dough"?

maybe Popeye's watched Taco Bell and Whataburger add items, and take them away for a while, then bring them back. or McDonald's with the green shake, and Starbuck's with the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Popeye's decided to get in on the action?

I contemplate such things, too! Chuckle.

They do not appear to be pre-made patties, per se; the shapes are different every time. Probably are frozen, and since they are boneless, thinking the franchises receive shipments separately from the bone-in product, and that the pieces are all pre-cut elsewhere. (They ran out of the boneless chicken wings or "dippers," also, for a spell.) Never seen anyone pull a whole chicken out at a Popeyes and go at it with a cleaver, and most kitchens are in partial view of the dining room. I think the bird bites are marinated, as well, but not sure where.

So, Popeyes new sandwich is even being talked about on an adult Hobby hook-up site? Now THAT is successful marketing, alright!

I can see an ad forming in my wittle brain.... "Come check out my juicy delicious breasts and ample buns! Sandwich your meat between them for an experience better than Popeyes! Bring your creamy mayo, and I'll tickle your pickle!"

Last edited by Fancyinheels; 08-29-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
    I "Come check out my juicy delicious breasts and ample buns! Sandwich your meat between them for an experience better than Popeyes! Bring your creamy mayo

Delicious Marketing
    I want a chicken sammich right now

Verified Hobbyist BCD Jack Burton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
    Popeye's watched Taco Bell and Whataburger add items, and take them away for a while, then bring them back. or McDonald's with the green shake, and Starbuck's with the Pumpkin Spice Latte
    I like Popeyes but this is the first I heard of the sandwich.

I loved the Shamrock Shake McDonald’s green shake mentioned above. I would get them every March for St. Patrick’s day. Then, I moved here a few years back and found out they do not sell them in Texas. What the hell is up with that? Only Texas. I had to wait until I went to Canada on business to get one.
    Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m so sick of these promotional items.

I’m still holding out for the chipotle dipping sauce and the bacon and blue burger to make a return at Wendy’s. I’m putting together a campaign for its return.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Looks like someone has sued Popeyes over not being able to get a chicken sandwich. Lol

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...135703896.html

I’m Surprised no one has called 911 over this already.

Verified Companion Companion MOCHAakaMOCHA's Avatar
    I'm not falling over myself for a chicken sandwich. ESPECIALLY one that is not even a limited edition/limited time item. But....so many people are so pressed to brag about being the first to have something. I hear a mix of it's better than Chick-Fil-A and a mix of they taste equally good.
    In another 2 weeks I'm sure the hype will finally die down. I'm personally chill on fried foods right now (and I LOVE Popeye's/Bojangle's/Church's/Raising Cane's etc). So...in a few months I might check for it.

BANNED - failure to respect community rules-- again!
    I usually get the broccoli and rice cakes whenever I eat there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast