Thread: Another Barter Thread!

Another Barter Thread!

I need a few things and thought I’d see if any of you fine gentlemen might be interested in trading. Feel free to post whatcha got & watcha want peeps. :)

1. Mechanic work- I NEED my car for my real job ASAP- must be able to come to me as it’s not drivable at the moment.
    2.Body work- was the victim of a hit n run a while back.
    3.New Professional pix (not just a dude with a camera!)
    4.New queen mattress

Last on priority list- SEO for non hobby website & web design

I think that’s about it, as I don’t really have time to be trading & prefer the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiFamme View Post
    3.New Professional pix (not just a dude with a camera!)
    Nikki, I see you getting plenty of PMs from "professional photographers". Hehe. Just be careful hun.

If they don't know what SLR is, focal length, aperture size, ISO speed, DOF, bocas, or why you would choose a macro lens over a fisheye, etc... then they probably aren't a real pro. Any modern pro that's using digital single lens reflex (opposed to film/darkroom) also must know how to do post prod work (if they don't know what that is or what tools...prolly not a real pro).

They don't necessarily need a super high end full frame sensor camera (those are pretty expensive). I paid $7999 for my exes Nikon D3 body only! Another $500 to $2800 for each lens. Things have changed now & they are not quite this expensive, but yea they need a good camera, lenses, artistic sense to see the best shot & colors, such as posing, clothing coordination, lighting, backgrounds... (much bigger deal than people realize). Also they need mad post prod skills to make it look totally natural/untouched.

I'm not one *at all*. No way. But my ex and some friends are/were so I know a fair amount about how to spot a good one

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiFamme View Post
    Last on priority list- SEO for non hobby website & web design
    This I can definitely help with....oh yea. No really though. Just sayin
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I disagree with mathguy on the "real" pro definition. Just have a quality camera, maybe some photo editing software, and a portfolio of examples to see if their style is what you are looking for. Plenty of people out there that won't meet mathguy standards, but still do professional work.

Hi red, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings, not that you were offended, just wanted to mention that wasn't my intention. I'll agree you don't necessarily need to know *all* those things, but I myself watched an ex-wife go from a "photographer" with a quality camera, a Nikon D700, which became the backup to a Nikon D3, a Canon 1D Mark 3 1.3fx crop factor prior to that, and saw her evolve into an actual pro photographer.

I saw her go from someone with a very good quality camera, an extremely artistic eye, and learning to use photo editing software (initially basic Photoshop Elements before a Photoshop suite) to a full fledged pro photographer.

Granted you don't necessarily need to have some licensing, schooling, or organizational affiliation, but you do need to know how to use that camera extremely well, in addition to post prod work or else the photos come out looking silly and amateur.

I mentioned most of this b/c Nikki specifically said not just a dude with a camera. However, yes, I agree about looking at their portfolio; just make sure it's their work, but, I do agree with red on that one.

Really, there is a huge difference between an amateur, even one with an extremely artistic eye or flair, who doesn't know camera technology well or post prod work and techniques.

20190818_144850.jpg

Notice all the differences?

Pro version has proper auto focus points on subjects, no noise, proper exposure not under expose or over exposed, proper lighting.

Novice one is awful and completely underexposed has major light and shadow issues, focusing, etc.

Amateur one is the opposite of the first one but virtually just as bad. It's completely blown out, horribly overexposed, image noise, lack of proper focus, etc.

20190818_144948.jpg

See how the picture of the toddler differs? The better one uses DOF on the subject, uses proper lighting, decent subject focus, good exposure (not under/over exposed and not blown out or with unwanted vignettes or flares).

Edit: These are simple images I found for the example. They are not perfect or the highest resolution but serve their purpose.
    -MG

I’m going to weigh in on this because I happen to actually be a photographer. By that, I mean I actually make money at it. My primary field of photography is families, children & seniors (graduation pics), though I have done a few weddings. When it comes to what MG said, to a large degree he is right. DOF (depth of field), lighting, ISO, f/stops, lenses, etc, all play a huge role in quality photography.

The next factor that separates a professional from a novice is posing. When it comes to boudoir photography, it’s a completely different animal from, say, weddings or seniors. Your goal as a photographer is to make your subjects feel not only comfortable in front of the lens but to also capture them in an attractive manner. Every body type is different as well as personalities. So the photographer needs to be able to put his/her subject at ease, be able to instruct them into flattering posss, which BTW, can be awkward and uncomfortable for the subject at times as you are arching and sitting or laying in unnatural positions, which in turn results in bulges that are less than appealing. That’s why it’s said that a good photographer is a good liar. Personally I’m learning boudoir photography. It’s challenging. However I’ve invested enough in equipment, classes, and time that I no longer give my work away.

Another thing that sets apart a novice from a pro is his/her ability to visualize a shot before it is taken. I can tell you what the shot is going to look like before ever pulling the trigger because I know my gear. I know that if you’re laying on a bed, and I’m taking a shot from the feet looking toward the head that your feet are going to be bigger than your head in the pic because what is closer to the lens will always appear bigger. Sometimes that’s wanted (not necessarily with feet though). I also know that if I set my lens to f/2.8, get close, and focus on your nipple, then everything within a few inches of your nipple will be out of focus and the further away the more out of focus.

The same comes into play with light. There are time I will purposefully over expose or under expose a shot for dramatic effect. Example: standing inside a house on a sunny day and shooting out a window. By purposely setting my shutter speed I can either totally whiteout the window thereby seeing everything inside or see everything outside and making the inside black. I control the outcome, not the camera.

Then of course there’s time (how fast the shutter speed is) I can make a waterfall velvety smooth or see every droplet of water. It all depends on how I have my settings. Combining light (shutter/ISO/fstop), time (shutter/fstop), DOF (shutter/fstop) will determine the outcome of your finished product.

Lastly, in today’s world of photography, good editing software is paramount. Post processing is time consuming when done right. I take the time to whitten teeth and eyes, spot blemish removal, soften skin tone, etc.

Having said all of that, I wouldn’t put myself in a category of a seasoned professional as I’m still learning. But I’m good. I know my stuff enough to make money at it. I’ve attached a link to a providers album that have some of my work in it.

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/album.p...hmentid=124715
    Images marked 6-11 in this album are all pics I took. Most have “Passion Photography” on them. I have others but I’m on my phone and it’s more challenging to do this so I’ll let these stand alone.

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    I'm needing my brakes done parts/labor. Certified mechanic and you would need a place to do the work.

Also if some one one who specializes in auto small ding/ scratch and dent repairs from other car doors etc.
    Last edited by britttany_love; 08-19-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Onei has some good work in the portfolio Just saying (for Nikki's request).

But I'd also advise any other girls who ask for barter photos (obviously it's the most common request which is why I focused on it here) to ask for full size images (to previewing a photog's work). The problem with any of these galleries is they are uploaded as compressed (and shrunk) jpegs. Vbulletin framework does this, nothing ya can do about that. Jpeg is a lossy file format and drastically reduces quality & image dpi (commonly called ppi today). The best images will always be full resolution, lossless (like a PNG), or a lossless JPEG (no compression used), at full original raw image resolution.

Wanted to point this out for anyone else who wonders why galleries & images on this site never look as amazing as full size off site images (it's b/c those are likely lossless/zero compression format at full res).
    -MG

I give full size jpegs but will, usually 300 dpi as well as 100 dpi for media use as the internet only displays 72 dpi regardless of how big the image. And thanks for the kind word.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m a certified mechanic and have my own shop.
    People who need work usually just text me so feel free to ask whatever you need.
    512-789-5412

- - - Updated - - -

I’m new here. I’m on P411 and Eccie but have been around the hobby for years.

Verified Hobbyist BCD SanchoGrande's Avatar
    Nikki, I am a professional photographer. I have a Bachelors in Photography, my experience as a working professional has span over 10 years. I offer both full size files for print and internet ready size files of your online portfolio and ad's. Post processing/retouching is always included. I do not release un retouch images, I want to make sure your end product looks its best. I do have a studio that is used for product photography, most of my clients are for commerce. I have years of experience in portraiture, boudoir, and glamour work. My professional website which I will not share here only shows my clients work for commerce. I would be happy to email previous works for you or any other provider to proof my work for consideration. I do offer trades or I am for hire.
    Last edited by SanchoGrande; 08-23-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Hi Nikki
    I sent my portfolios to your personal email.