Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTF Houston?!?!?! Is this acceptable?

Verified Hobbyist BCD

WTF Houston?!?!?! Is this acceptable?

Ghosting - The act of suddenly ceasing all communication with someone. This is done in hopes that the ghostee will just "get the hint" and leave the subject alone, as opposed to the subject simply telling them he/she is no longer interested in communicating.

Is this something with Houston or is it me? Is this acceptable here? This is the third time this has happened to me. I get verified with a well established provider. I send my references, they get checked, and we’re good to go. We agree on a time to meet. This is where is starts to go wrong...
    I message, or text, when on the way (usually 30 minutes ahead of appointment).
    Then I text when in the general vicinity.
    Then I pick a fairly central spot to the vicinity to park and wait.
    And wait...
    And text.
    And wait...
    Nothing. I then give a fifteen minute window that I’m leaving.
    Then after waiting for a total of about forty to forty-five minutes, I’m upset.

The first time this happened to me, the provider actually gave me the address and apartment number. I knocked, and knocked, and knocked and waited for fifteen minutes. Tried calling and after I left, I then get a text. These last two I have yet to hear from again.

What am I doing wrong???

Registered Male (Not Verified) StopShort's Avatar
    You're not doing anything wrong bro. It's just a nasty part of the game.

Yes, it's very frustrating and your time and effort has been wasted. It's happened to the best of us, even with verified and well-established providers.

Most on here will tell you to call them out by name. It's your choice to do so or not. Handle it the way you see fit.
    Preferred activities: DFK, BBBJ, DATY, cuddling, COB, COA, SS
    CIM is a plus, but not a dealbreaker

Types of ladies: I love ladies of all races. I've never been with an Asian woman, or Indian/Desi but want to try. I have a preference for spinners but don't mind thicker women. Love titties-big or small, love pregnant women

I'm available for providers in the evenings during the week or early morning on weekends.

I'm an AA male, late 40's.

I would throw in a pulse check in the morning of the day and see how communication flows from that point. You can usually gauge by the responses how things are shaping up.

At the end of the day it is the ladies prerogative one whether to meet or not.

But if you’re getting good signals and it’s a no show I would wait 24 hours and see if there were any special circumstances and then make a call on whether or not to do a No Come/No Show report.

This has only occurred once to me. Just don’t take it personally, there are many other ladies to consider.

Good luck!

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    This is nothing new. It goes on and will continue to go on. I strongly suggest you just move along and put the lady on your DNS list. Just look for ladies with good TCB skills.

Ladies, I cannot over emphasize how important TCB skills are to the gentlemen. Many gentlemen have to schedule their time very selectively. If life happens and it does, we ask that you just let us know. Gentlemen, same goes for us. It’s not that difficult. A little respect goes a long way for your fellow members.

Thanks for reading and considering your fellow members. Peace out everyone.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    One of the perks of having a regular is increased reliability.

That's said... and I say this with nothing but love and respect for working women... this isn't an industry that attracts the traditional 9-5 crowd.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by StopShort View Post
    You're not doing anything wrong bro. It's just a nasty part of the game.

Yes, it's very frustrating and your time and effort has been wasted. It's happened to the best of us, even with verified and well-established providers.

Most on here will tell you to call them out by name. It's your choice to do so or not. Handle it the way you see fit.
    I understand it’s part of the game, but it’s only happened to me here in Houston. I’ve hobbied in Boston, Vegas, LA, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Louisiana. I’m not gonna call them out as I have yet to ever see anything happen with that, and I would have to deal with all the WK grief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ajlybj View Post
    I would throw in a pulse check in the morning of the day and see how communication flows from that point. You can usually gauge by the responses how things are shaping up.

At the end of the day it is the ladies prerogative one whether to meet or not.

But if you’re getting good signals and it’s a no show I would wait 24 hours and see if there were any special circumstances and then make a call on whether or not to do a No Come/No Show report.

This has only occurred once to me. Just don’t take it personally, there are many other ladies to consider.

Good luck!

Thanks. I hear ya, and I do a fair amount of check-ins. It’s just frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    This is nothing new. It goes on and will continue to go on. I strongly suggest you just move along and put the lady on your DNS list. Just look for ladies with good TCB skills.

Ladies, I cannot over emphasize how important TCB skills are to the gentlemen. Many gentlemen have to schedule their time very selectively. If life happens and it does, we ask that you just let us know. Gentlemen, same goes for us. It’s not that difficult. A little respect goes a long way for your fellow members.

Thanks for reading and considering your fellow members. Peace out everyone.

Thanks Doc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhobbyist25 View Post
    One of the perks of having a regular is increased reliability.

That's said... and I say this with nothing but love and respect for working women... this isn't an industry that attracts the traditional 9-5 crowd.

It’s hard to find a regular in Houston for me. I had one, but she went away. What sucks is I end up going to a strip club and blowing all my money in an unproductive way.

Retired Hobbyist (RIP)
    Name them......................

Name them so others will know.......... that's what these boards are for. Share and exchange information...............

so Name them!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    thats interesting, anyone had any ghosting experience with kayla pink? i asked about getting together last week, didnt get back to me until today, decided on a timeframe for tonight, and has been no response ever since. not sure if shes always like that or just singling me out. i typically dont care about these things but since this topic was being discussed, might as well get some insight so i can just ignore her going forward. i recall her acting like this on eccie as well too.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Appears as if you are doing everything politely expected, OP. I am sorry you encountered this only in Houston, as it does occur in every city and on BOTH sides of the Hobby coin. I have been ghosted repeatedly over the years in multiple regions, and especially maddening if I've incurred expenses in travel and lodging that cannot be recouped. No, it's not acceptable, but it is also likely unavoidable, a side effect of our pursuit that we all must deal with, alas and heavy sigh.

Sympathy on the frustration, sir. As part of good TCB and common courtesy, everyone deserves to at least be told in advance, "No, sorry, I can't see you today." As stated above, NCNS reports are appropriate here in Coed IF firm arrangements are made and confirmed and after an appropriate interval has been allotted for reasonable explanation of why the meet didn't take place.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 07-31-2019 at 09:36 PM.

hosting incalls in Willowbrook/NW Houston
    Very disappointing :/

Sorry to hear that. Happens to me as a provider more often than Id like as well unfortunately...

did she ever end up getting back with you?? admittedly I’ve screwed up a couple or so times and made a scheduling error or something and inadvertently missed an appointment or been late and had to reschedule but even if it’s a little late I always make sure to ackowledgge my mistake and offer a discounted rate session to apologize for the error... not ideal but i think if you fuck uo (no one is perfect) that you should at least attempt to make it right.. even if the person gets mad or whatever in my opinion nothing feels shittier than just being flat out ignored; it makes you feel like your time and effort isn’t worth anything and is being disrespected ... and none of us deserve that.
    Last edited by ARIEL BLISS; 07-31-2019 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Several typos YIKES
    🎀Ariel Bliss🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Ajlybj View Post
    Bingo. Best advice so far. Always a good idea if you advance schedule. I rarely ever did b/c I'm a spur of the moment type (*very* typically). I never liked "scheduling" per se. How do I know if I'll be horny at 8pm Friday night (or whatever)?? Lmao To each their own. I never understood it though haha. But, yea, anyway good advice if you are scheduling something in advance (particularly for like days in advance).
    -MG

Retired Hobbyist (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by razaq View Post
    thats interesting, anyone had any ghosting experience with kayla pink? i asked about getting together last week, didnt get back to me until today, decided on a timeframe for tonight, and has been no response ever since. not sure if shes always like that or just singling me out. i typically dont care about these things but since this topic was being discussed, might as well get some insight so i can just ignore her going forward. i recall her acting like this on eccie as well too.
    I am actually spending the night with Kayla pink tonight bro but I will say she did have issues going on in her life and i have expressed to her that she needs to be vigilant on her time........

Dont be so quick to judge....

Verified Hobbyist BCD Midniteluvher's Avatar
    As previously stated, sadly its a part of the game. I can honestly say I've been ghosted the last 3-4 times I attempted to hobby.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thank you to all for the constructive replies. It’s sad that this happens to both the ladies and the men. And as Fancy mentioned, what is frustrating is the financial loss as well. Time, effort, fuel, traffic, tolls, etc.

I agree with mathguy about the scheduling thing. I don’t like to schedule way in advance either. I could have had a real shitty day, and now I’m supposed to get myself in the mood?

I’m still not gonna call anyone out. At the end of the day, there could be extenuating circumstances that caused this to happen for the ladies involved and they apparently don’t treat everyone like that because they are well established providers with a good record. I’m also not looking for an apology discount. I’m just looking to have a good time, get laid, and not have to work so hard for it. If I have to work this hard for it, I might as well just go home.

Million dollar idea... someone develop a scheduling app where providers can post their availability and hobbyists can book with them. If one, or the other, flakes on the agreed appointment, then that party gets blocked from using the scheduling app for a small period of time. Then, just like Southwest Airlines shows, we can see a providers (and hobbyist as well) on time rating and also their no-show, or cancelation, rating. This would be for both the hobbyist and providers benefit. If a hobbyist is notorious for running late, or extremely late, or flakes altogether, a provider can make a decision to not see that hobbyist. If the hobbyist knows that a provider is flaky (or vice versa) but wants to take a chance them anyway, then they can. I’m sure there’s more that can be done, but there you go. Someone make it happen. I’d buy that for a dollar.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    It's not just part of this game, it's become a part of society. We all hide behind computer screens and handhelds. We've learned how to get our messages across in 140 characters or less. We've learned to express sympathy or empathy by posting an emoji on someone's "page". There is very little personal interaction. Hell, people are getting away from even doing their own grocery shopping. I know some people who have severe anxiety over going to HEB because they might run into the neighbors and have to have a personal interaction with them.

In my business I get extremely frustrated because people won't return phone calls. Even my vendors. My old CPA got to where they refused to have a phone conversation, they wanted everything in email.
    I fired my CPA, I've fired other vendors because the wouldn't return phone calls. I mean, I'm not expecting to be treated with some kind of urgency all the time but if I'm trying to give a vendor my money I at least expect them to behave in a way that makes me believe they appreciate the opportunity to take it from me.

In other words we've distanced ourselves from dealing with emotional issues, conflict, uncomfortable situations by first taking away, or at least minimizing, the emotion or discomfort(it's difficult to properly convey with black letters on a white page, not everyone is an author) and when distancing isn't enough we just ignore it and hope for the best. Those of us who remember a time before fax machines get it. Those who don't think it's normal.
    boardman ~ Often imitated, never duplicated.
    Part time hobbyist.
    A good session includes these essentials: GFE, DFK, BBBJ, BLS, DATY, FIV, MPCFS and Enthusiasm.
    Enhancers: DATO,TUMA, FIA, Toys, CIM, dirty talk. I'm open to role play or hearing anything you'd like to try.
    I'm not going to ask for greek. If you want it then we can give it a try. MSOG is not expected unless it is an extended session(usually doubles).
    P411 is current with 30+ OKs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast