Thread: Flooding my inbox

Provider Extraordinaire!
    Someone has just started signing me up for many websites that flood my hobby email inbox with spam and they have also given out my phone number to Kaplan University among other similar schools. On one of the sites they even made my password "bitch". On all of the websites they are giving the name "Alexxxis". I have a pretty good idea of who it is and I would like to publicly and politely ask you to stop this before I have to take further action. These sites are willing to cooperate and help me track down who the culprit is but I'd like to give you a chance to stop your childish behavior before such measures have to be taken. Please stop harassing me. If anyone else is experiencing similar problems please pm me so that we may discuss it.

Thank you,
    Alexis

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alexxxis @ Jan 20 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Someone has just started signing me up for many websites that flood my hobby email inbox with spam and they have also given out my phone number to Kaplan University among other similar schools. On one of the sites they even made my password "bitch". On all of the websites they are giving the name "Alexxxis". I have a pretty good idea of who it is and I would like to publicly and politely ask you to stop this before I have to take further action. These sites are willing to cooperate and help me track down who the culprit is but I&#39;d like to give you a chance to stop your childish behavior before such measures have to be taken. Please stop harassing me. If anyone else is experiencing similar problems please pm me so that we may discuss it.

Thank you,
    Alexis[/b]
    For now you can train your spam filter by deleting them without opening or marking them as spam when recieved. A shame that someone needs to abuse others like that. Hang in there. Hopefully the person will read this and realize that the abuse system works before it becomes necessary to use the state harassment laws. But some people don&#39;t learn until they feel the cuffs click on their wrists!

I knew you were thinking about going back to school ;) but don&#39;t think you need any &#39;assistance&#39; with your enrollment. Sad situation but not all that much of a surprise
    "The best way to know if you can trust someone, is to trust them." - Hemingway

There is a thread on another national board that addresses this problem, and another thread in infoshare you may want to look at.

You are not alone, Its happening to lots of girls...not just you. There is no need to get overly upset or dramatical about it, It just goes
    with the territory. Follow SS advice, Do Not open it, mark it as spam and go on with your day. Your spam filter should pick it up after that.

Do Not open mail with attachments from people you have not corresponded with before, there seems to be a real nasty Trojan
    going around as well.

Unwanted phone calls can be problematic, to resolve that issue, Do Not post your phone number on ads and have your reviewers omit
    your phone number when reviewing you. Wait to give out that info until they have been screened. It should eliminate your issues...

Step back, take a deep breath, spam has an an easy fix.

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie