Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on advertised review specials?

Thoughts on advertised review specials?

Enticing or thirsty?

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    People say they will write one but don’t.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Why as a provider should we be concerned how another lady runs her business? It's not your body nor is it really anyone's business. I say do what works for you and leave the ladies to do what works for them. I'm not sure why anyone would consider it thirsty? Ladies run them for numerous reasons: they are new to the game and trying to get established, they have been away for a while and havent been reviewed in awhile, have a new look or new services etc and want that info out there, they havent been reviewed in awhile and a new review always brings in new business. Hell if you are going to run a special wouldn't you rather gets something out of the deal too. You give a client a deal and in return you get a review that could possibly bring in new business.. it is a win win for all.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 3daygetaway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    Is that because the session was bad and they don’t want to hurt a girl after getting a discount? Writing a negative review is hard on both parties, but it is the way to get better. Unfortunately, most girls never see what’s hidden and may assume the worst.

I have done many reviews where my time was considered part of the donation. I have done several reviews immediately after the session while sitting in the providers’ living room, and once came back the following day and got a cock worship session while I typed: that was cool.

I think they are enticing, but the girl has to seek the right reviewer too, not just the ones who come to them: a poorly produced review doesn’t help. Choose someone eloquent and who enjoys what you do. For example, Andanaman likes some lite BDSM and pictures: if you’re not into that, he might write a less than stellar review, even though the quality will be quite high. Puffdaty has been putting up some great reviews lately, but he likes girls with a little more cushion for the pushin than you have to offer, so he might not be best for you either. Find someone who likes what you offer, and then give them the kind of session you want everyone to expect when they see you.
    Last edited by 3daygetaway; 07-21-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    Neither for me. If I want to see someone, I'll see her at her non-RS rate, but I wouldn't commit to writing a review beforehand. And if she wants reviews to keep her name warm, good for her. I wouldn't presume to call it "thirsty" since I'm not clairvoyant, and it makes no difference to me what her motivation is.

That said, I think there's a special corner in hobby hell for guys who steal from the ladies, and taking advantage of a review special without writing the review seems like stealing to me.
    Last edited by MarkWatney; 07-21-2019 at 11:30 PM.

no longer here; her choice
    at the closing galactic center, mocking the enemy & evil laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by 3daygetaway View Post
    For example, Andanaman likes some lite BDSM and pictures: if you’re not into that, he might write a less than stellar review, even though the quality will be quite high. Puffdaty has been putting up some great reviews lately, but he likes girls with a little more cushion for the pushin than you have to offer, so he might not be best for you either. Find someone who likes what you offer, and then give them the kind of session you want everyone to expect when they see you.
    Curious: isn’t the reason you all come here is for variety?
    This is like going to a sushi spot and writing about how there was no matzah ball soup. Should the sushi spot turn their kitchen kosher just to get a good review from a guy who doesn’t eat shellfish ???

Seems best if the gent write a review based on what was advertised.

For example, I’ve never had a bad review but here and there some guy will say something like she didn’t have a big donkey booty. Well.. I never advertise that so why would he include that in the review. Could have just said her butt is proportionate but her boobs are much bigger.

I guess I agree you have to find a reviewer who likes what you’ve got to offer, but I’m assuming he does since he came to spend his hundreds on me. Otherwise anyone with free will would spend his money on what he’s specifically looking for.

To stay in topic, how could you assume it’s thirsty?
    As much as I don’t enjoy explicit review culture bc of all
    of the speculation around them (especially from new reviewers) being fake or exaggerated the minute a guy with expectations outside what the lady has to offer, or they’re opinion doesn’t match.

There were many good reasons for a RS listed here.
    The main one being reviews bring more business.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    For new providers needing to establish reputations, yes, reviews are quite important, and any discount should really come off the NEXT session or be refunded later to insure the fellows follow through on writing the risque reports. For ladies wanting to keep continuing positive chatter, good, too, but not sure offering a rate break is proper incentive, as should be based on regular service, IMHO only. Also arguable that any special may influence the author when composing his experience for publication.

I think reviews have become convoluted over time, as they were not originally intended to be PR/advertising for companions, just data for lads to make informed decisions. A bump in biz for the subject of a tantalizing tale of tail was incidental. Now, aside from being informational, reviews can be marketing tools, bragging rights, entertainment, etc.

The Hobbyverse evolves.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 07-23-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love View Post
    Curious: isn’t the reason you all come here is for variety?
    This is like going to a sushi spot and writing about how there was no matzah ball soup. Should the sushi spot turn their kitchen kosher just to get a good review from a guy who doesn’t eat shellfish ???
    Right; we do like variety, but some guys might see a girl FOR the special rate, whether it is a desperation, introductory, special offering, or review special. These guys might not otherwise have seen them—that’s the whole point, I know. But a review is different, in the sense that it does become advertising, for both better and worse, so the provider needs to be calculating in who she offers it to.

My point was that before a girl says she’ll accept a lesser donation in combination with a review, she might want to check what kind of reviews that guy writes: it would suck to offer a deep discount for a lackluster review. She can always reach out to a guy who writes good/well-read reviews and specifically offer him a review special too. I’ve been approached before in this way and met some great, newcomer ladies this way.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    Is that because the session was bad and they don’t want to hurt a girl after getting a discount? Writing a negative review is hard on both parties, but it is the way to get better. Unfortunately, most girls never see what’s hidden and may assume the worst.

I have done many reviews where my time was considered part of the donation. I have done several reviews immediately after the session while sitting in the providers’ living room, and once came back the following day and got a cock worship session while I typed: that was cool.

I think they are enticing, but the girl has to seek the right reviewer too, not just the ones who come to them: a poorly produced review doesn’t help. Choose someone eloquent and who enjoys what you do. For example, Andanaman likes some lite BDSM and pictures: if you’re not into that, he might write a less than stellar review, even though the quality will be quite high. Puffdaty has been putting up some great reviews lately, but he likes girls with a little more cushion for the pushin than you have to offer, so he might not be best for you either. Find someone who likes what you offer, and then give them the kind of session you want everyone to expect when they see you.
    I agree with a lot of this. This is my main issue with reviews. Many of you girls, maybe even some greener guys, don't realize it but reviews are typically written under two scenarios.

The 2 major reasons for writing reviews tend to be:

1. Such an amazing experience, or at least had so much fun, maybe even practically "fell in love for an hour", or wants to pound chest, promote you, etc...

2. The session was soooo horrible that the guy is essentially putting out an "alert" on you, or at the very least doing a PSA for the community.

The issue here is very typically there is no middle ground or gray area. Nothing even close. Not even for so-so or pleasant encounters. If you notice, most reviews either totally over the top romanticize a girl or they lambast her into the dirt. Not always but we see one or the other more often than not.

Obviously sex with anyone, hobby or not, is not always perfect or amazing, even with your own wife/gf/bf/husband, but that doesn't mean it was awful either. It might have been "good", just not great, or a-m-a-z-i-n-g. We see so few of those reviews and yet ironically those are likely the large majority (simply b/c that's how chemistry, attraction, compatibility works).

Men don't want to hurt feelings and/or they don't want to start a fight. It could even spark a type of cat fight in certain situations. So guys are very careful about what and who they review and how they write it. The problem with that is that betrays the entire point of the community forum.

As for the OPs question about review specials? I don't think anyone should have a problem with it (guy or girl).

To each their own but realize what I said above if you wonder why you don't see all these amazing reviews written about you due to a "review special". I think any guy should honor it but many don't want to hurt feelings, and if they lie and write a stellar one we are back to betraying the point of reviews and this community. It can be a sort of catch 22.

Girls that are full-time, or do this more often, and really truly love sex, or are very good at IOP, and I do mean *VERY* good, like so good they can trick even someone like 3day, myself, Doc, puffD, Slayer, markwatney, Skittlez, Loving, IG, knotty, fast20, and many many of the other guys who are very experienced, those girls are the ones who have lots of A+++ reviews. If you take a moment to realize how few and far between those girls are (in the grand scheme of all providers) you would understand how low your chances are of producing the intended result.

No girl, no guy, *no one*, has that kind of compatibility with everyone, no matter if you are celebrity, gorgeous, gregarious, flirtatious, etc.... Though you do have some girls that are just super good at IOP and seem to always give a great performance. However, even then, you are just seeing all the good reviews and all the "bad" ones on that girl go unwritten. Sometimes it's even b/c a guy just doesn't want to be the one "outcast" out of 50+ stellar reviews who says he had a horrible, or even so-so, experience.

But, yea, as for review specials? No harm. Do what you want. No one should be mad about it.
    Last edited by mathguy; 07-25-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    -MG

I like review specials, but I think its a better idea to give someone a discount on a future session than give it right then and there, It gives the guy time to write it up rather than feeling rushed and doing a sloppy job.

I......Puffdaty has been putting up some great reviews lately, but he likes girls with a little more cushion for the pushin......

Correction, I am currently seeing women with extra long thumbs and inverted nipples exclusively.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I pay little attention to review specials. I don’t chase discounts.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I chase discounts .... OK .... I don't run fast or very far .... but I'm always interested in a value proposition. Blame my mother if you must blame someone. All things considered, if a lady needs some critical mass of current reviews ... a discount is one way to get there. Of course, she could just ask during the session .... unless you think a review discount is going to sway someone who was not going to book otherwise ... but I think a review discount is unlikely to sway most mongers.

I chase discounts .... OK .... I don't run fast or very far .... but I'm always interested in a value proposition. (bears repeating)

Retired Companion
    There is nothing wrong with seeking a discount. I do it when I go shopping. When the stores have sales - I go spend money. I look and read their sale flyers to see what store I want to go shopping at. But what I don't do is try to negotiate with the sales person over the price of a dress or ask for a cheaper price. It's tacky and irritates the sales person.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Ellen is right. There’s nothing wrong with seeking discounts. But after years of penny pinching, I’ve grown too lazy and thankful that I don’t have to anymore. Besides, when I schedule a date, I might spend $50 to $100 on gifts, and tip her more, so the donation amount makes little difference to me, as long as it’s under my max.

There is a time and a place for negotiating prices. Not at the department or grocery store. But ok at the car dealer. Apparently many mongers feel like they’re at a car dealership when trying to buy pussy. If a woman says that she does not negotiate, I respect that.

Regarding review specials, consider this. The monger getting a review special is more likely I think to write a misleading review, if he wants to continue seeing the woman he’s reviewing, and hopes to have his review special rate grandfathered. Just my opinion.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post

Regarding review specials, consider this. The monger getting a review special is more likely I think to write a misleading review, if he wants to continue seeing the woman he’s reviewing, and hopes to have his review special rate grandfathered.
    That’s a thing? I’ve never been extended or expected a grandfatherly rate based on a special (of any sort).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast