Thread: Old stuff....and stuff

Figuring It Out Companion abigalexoxo's Avatar
    Anyone here like antiques? antiquing? just curious.....
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Verified Hobbyist
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (abigalexoxo @ Jan 11 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Anyone here like antiques? antiquing? just curious.....[/b]
    Hi Sweetie,
    You know that I do. You&#39;ve been to my place and seen them. What did you have in mind?
    Love is all you need

Still Looking Around Fast Attack Sailor's Avatar
    Do you mean 50+ y/o Clients? In which case I can qualify.

Antiques Road Show dialog -
    This baby boomer is a classic example of the red blooded American in superb condition with only light wear marks and a few chips. Still in marvelous working condition with all of his original equipment attached and ready for use. Great character and facial features with a marvelous surface patina. Not normally found in auction houses, the value for insurance purposes would be priceless due to its one-of-kind nature.
    A gentleman...

Figuring It Out Companion abigalexoxo's Avatar
    Heya Scorp! How have you been!? I hope you had an excellent holiday! Though I recall your interest in them, I must admit that your antiques are not what I remember from our time together. ;) Hehehe! For those other than Scorp. (muah!)..lol...I am into antiquing myself. I have run across some interesting pieces in the last couple of months. Know anything about pre-bowie or early American knives? I picked up a large musso(? false cut tip ...bowie style but a lesser slope..and flat blade), no guard, wire-wrapped (looks like a replacement for a solid band), horn handle (I first thought it was wood that was starting to petrify but then noticed the ring pattern..). about 20-21 inches total...looks like a small machete...scabbard made out of possibile boot(?) or saddle(?)

Anyhow....that is one of the pieces I found... but I don&#39;t know a whole lot about blades...

AND...fast attack....I promise to dust you periodically..... :P
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Angel Sword (angelswords.com) in Driftwood might be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.
    As my Pappy used to say, "A man is only as old as the woman he feels"