Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No surprise here after all, is there???

Registered Male (Not Verified) Tamden's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GneissGuy @ Jan 4 2010, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    $150/month hosting?

With the database size, post volume and number of members that ASPD has? With servers powerful enough to handle the volume? With customized software to handle the unique things like BCD access, review forms, automatic promotion of people who post reviews, review approval system, etc.?

Perhaps with a dedicated server controlled by the owners, not by a hosting company the way ASPD was? (I don&#39;t know if this is part of their current plans.) With appropriate legal advice?[/b]
    I would say their biggest recurring cost will be bandwidth. Disk&#39;s are cheap, so the size of the DB should not cost them to much, but the bandwidth could be a killer. Most hosting has limits, they are generous at the base price, but once you reach that limit, the price skyrockets. I believe ISPs make their real money on the overages.

In order to handle it in a smart fashion, offloading the static files, like css, javascript, and even the uploaded images to something like Amazon&#39;s S3 would be a must, but this will elevate the upfront costs. I am not sure if they have a programmer who is willing to "donate" or get some sort of barter exchange for their time, but that can be a very expensive upfront cost as well.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    (With apologies to the Walt Disney music director)

imho, imho, it&#39;s off to work we go....

Please post more reviews

and much less news

And get those providers

some business so they can buy new shoes.

imho, imho, etc. etc...

= = = =

Their "new" site will be what it will be.

No need to try to dissect anything here.

All will be made obviously (or ominously) clear when it comes to life.

Meanwhile, please spend time archiving your reviews here, inviting folks here and definitely have some "fun" despite the chilly weather out there.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

It sounds and feels like it has all the signs of a F&#39;d Up MESS , to me!
    No Thanks..... I like it here , and ECCIE for now.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GneissGuy @ Jan 4 2010, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    $150/month hosting?

With the database size, post volume and number of members that ASPD has? With servers powerful enough to handle the volume? With customized software to handle the unique things like BCD access, review forms, automatic promotion of people who post reviews, review approval system, etc.?

Perhaps with a dedicated server controlled by the owners, not by a hosting company the way ASPD was? (I don&#39;t know if this is part of their current plans.) With appropriate legal advice?[/b]
    ​Life is Tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid!

Verified Hobbyist
    Geez, what a bummer. I posted in the thread "your board your choice" and it was nothing negative, I even noted that last week everyone was offering to donate and now they&#39;re not so willing and I said I was sure Angel and Deuce were wondering where that support went, and just went over there and found myself "guested" I guess that answers (for me) what kind of board they will have, and I will just stay away. Didn&#39;t move any of my 21 reviews anywhere, but I&#39;ll start a new round here. First up will be my experience with Mocha Nicole.

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trouserpress @ Jan 4 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Geez, what a bummer. I posted in the thread "your board your choice" and it was nothing negative, I even noted that last week everyone was offering to donate and now they&#39;re not so willing and I said I was sure Angel and Deuce were wondering where that support went, and just went over there and found myself "guested" I guess that answers (for me) what kind of board they will have, and I will just stay away. Didn&#39;t move any of my 21 reviews anywhere, but I&#39;ll start a new round here. First up will be my experience with Mocha Nicole.[/b]
    I saw that! No better way to say; " don&#39;t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya." Huh??? I figured I&#39;d have been guested by now,, I have sure enough showed my ass,, today,,,, oh well!! :blink: I am glad to be here and moving forward. I have several new hobby homes now.... :D
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Jan 4 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    (With apologies to the Walt Disney music director)

imho, imho, it&#39;s off to work we go....

Please post more reviews

and much less news

And get those providers

some business so they can buy new shoes.

imho, imho, etc. etc...

= = = =

Their "new" site will be what it will be.

No need to try to dissect anything here.

All will be made obviously (or ominously) clear when it comes to life.

Meanwhile, please spend time archiving your reviews here, inviting folks here and definitely have some "fun" despite the chilly weather out there.[/b]

I agree ck! I look forward to the new changes up and coming here....thank you for all you&#39;ve done.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2