Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No surprise here after all, is there???

Retired Administrator
    :unsure:

http://www.aspd.net/showthread.php?threadid=492740

Donors will be extended member privileges and lifetime memberships depending on amount of donation. Provider donors will be extended various advertising privileges depending on amount of donation.
    To be clear, there will be no ownership or staff status available as a result of any donation.

I can only imagine its going to be like the VA where members have like paper card, tin card, bronze card, silver card, gold card and maybe even platimum or diamond for the right price (donation?) since it is monetary in nature and not service oriented that will give you VIP Club SLOTO privileges..

And for some reason ==> do I remember Paypal as being absolutely vehement about monetary exchanges towards adult "like" enterprises???

Oh well I do wish them well.. ;)

Verified Companion Companion wickedheather's Avatar
    sheeesh! after the mess that has been made by this bunch who would be that stupid??
    Warm, Wet, Wicked Kisses

I'm a Bitch, I'm a Tease, I'm a Goddess on my Kneess...M.Brooks

HEATHER'S SITE

It can be done as long as they dont know what its for * thats not hard to do. A better bet would be a 3rd party merchant account (since most are okay with adult web business).
    I just tired of boards begging for money... lets see what they (boards) really offer.
    **No New Reviews Please**
    "Trying to show people things is often like trying to teach Fire Ants to carry away grass burrs. It's cool and productive if you can pull it off." Jess Stone
    "If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." -Aristotle Onassis

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar

Angry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mokoa @ Jan 3 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. [/b]
    I will never join a board that charges. I have stayed away from ML for the same reasons. If the board is not public, it is useless in my book. I use these boards for business reasons, if the board is not accepting new members then it is not going to get my business. I am still rather pissed about paying for sponsored ad time on the P and the threat of it going down anyday. To ask me to donate to a new board, infuriates me even more! :angry: Good luck to them,, put I will pass!
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    I truly wish ASPD, the New ASPD and every other Board the best of luck....there is plenty of room for everyone to do what ever they want.

But I really don&#39;t understand why anyone would donate $ to a web start up with the hopes that it will take off, without ANY return or refund down the road.

When I was younger and stupid (now I am old and stupid), I joined a health club on a LIFETIME membership.
    The club lasted 6 months.

Seriously, for those with discretionary cash that they just want to throw away....er, INVEST, I am thinking about starting a car dealership, or a Bar, or Starbucks and need some investment capital. I have never been involved in any way in a car business, a bar, or coffee shop, but if I can get some investors, and a bunch of people who want to work for free, and a bunch of other people who want to donate the inventory for me to sell, and a bunch of people to help me run the business for free....then I will GRACIOUSLY VOLUNTEER to start the business. I don&#39;t know what value I will add to the enterprise, but there is a good chance with everything being free or paid for by someone else, I might be able to make some money for a while.
    1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

Verified Hobbyist BCD offshoredrilling's Avatar
    I understand the blocking of home2 in pm kinda. But one says posts links to where you will be. Then a hour before this post of the new site in upstate ny blocks eccie.net in post and pm. And then others 30 Min&#39;s after. One says this. The other says another thing. Staff just in going for a ride. And pleassssssssssssse give. And please do not say anything bad about it all.

------------------
    The Original Kelly
    "For women ... men have two emotional states: hungry and horny - if you see one without an erection, make him a sandwich."

A good MILF knows all about both. How to take care of both. And switch the state if out of bread.

More than one provider call me a spoiled brat.

You know that time when they are on top of you in a 69, they rise their head for air and make sounds of joy. Ya Spank them, they need to get back to work ae.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    It&#39;s just a train wreck, plain and simple. The sooner it goes offline for good the better.

I wish the individuals all the best in their future endeavors, but the community is so dispersed already it&#39;s impossible to bring it back together anywhere close to what it was.

If this their way of showing how things will run on their new board, they can count me out! I am totally shocked, they put astericks in all the threads with other board names on them. Asking for 10k in donations/memberships sends a red flag up for me and now the astericks.. I will pass! How to I get my name off aspd,, or quit my membership, I do not want to be on their email list. I AM DONE!

Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CivilBarrister @ Jan 3 2010, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I truly wish ASPD, the New ASPD and every other Board the best of luck....there is plenty of room for everyone to do what ever they want.

But I really don&#39;t understand why anyone would donate $ to a web start up with the hopes that it will take off, without ANY return or refund down the road.

When I was younger and stupid (now I am old and stupid), I joined a health club on a LIFETIME membership.
    The club lasted 6 months.

Seriously, for those with discretionary cash that they just want to throw away....er, INVEST, I am thinking about starting a car dealership, or a Bar, or Starbucks and need some investment capital. I have never been involved in any way in a car business, a bar, or coffee shop, but if I can get some investors, and a bunch of people who want to work for free, and a bunch of other people who want to donate the inventory for me to sell, and a bunch of people to help me run the business for free....then I will GRACIOUSLY VOLUNTEER to start the business. I don&#39;t know what value I will add to the enterprise, but there is a good chance with everything being free or paid for by someone else, I might be able to make some money for a while.[/b]
    It cost $285 for the software and $150 a month to host a vbulletin board. Who are they frigging kidding huh? Lot&#39;s of gullible people out there who will join too,,,, Lifetime membership ??????? ROFLMAO!!!!! Whatever!!!

Retired Administrator
    AlexisSiftTouch

please see my post #12 here concerning guesting...

http://home2.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5873

Greetings to all as this is my first post here on H2. I will miss certain aspects of ASPD, and truly hope this or another site picks up where ASPD is leaving off. Personally, the idea of "donating" would concern me as somehow an official capacity could tie you legally to the board? Given the bust in Houston and in other places like Phoenix, I would pass as a giant red flag is waving in my mind!

Registered Male (Not Verified) txsacker's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlexisSoftTouch @ Jan 3 2010, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    If this their way of showing how things will run on their new board, they can count me out! I am totally shocked, they put astericks in all the threads with other board names on them. Asking for 10k in donations/memberships sends a red flag up for me and now the astericks.. I will pass! How to I get my name off aspd,, or quit my membership, I do not want to be on their email list. I AM DONE![/b]
    I asked in one thread why they were blocking the mention of Eccie on the site. Tcreative said "admins have given the competing boards a lot of time to post ........ I guess they&#39;ve had enough at this point".

I wanted to say "I have had enough with them". (not to TC but to ASPD) But I bite my tounge, mainly because I want to what happens next.

When they ban people for offering criticism to their ways they are not being the "ASPD Amber meant it to be" or at least not the one promised after the fallout. It is like saying it is un-patriotic to question the government. What happened to Deuce saying it was "your board to direct as you see fit" to the "community"?

Argh. I will be glad when it is all said and done. I asked to be "guested" tonight.
    "Pardonnez a mes levres car elles trouvent de la joie dans les lieux les plus etranges."
    (Pardon my lips, they find pleasure in unusual places.)

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlexisSoftTouch @ Jan 3 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It cost $285 for the software and $150 a month to host a vbulletin board. Who are they frigging kidding huh? Lot&#39;s of gullible people out there who will join too,,,, Lifetime membership ??????? ROFLMAO!!!!! Whatever!!![/b]

$150/month hosting?

With the database size, post volume and number of members that ASPD has? With servers powerful enough to handle the volume? With customized software to handle the unique things like BCD access, review forms, automatic promotion of people who post reviews, review approval system, etc.?

Perhaps with a dedicated server controlled by the owners, not by a hosting company the way ASPD was? (I don&#39;t know if this is part of their current plans.) With appropriate legal advice?

Be Gneiss Gnow...

Registered Male (Not Verified) txsacker's Avatar
    Well TxSacker no longer exists on ASPD.net

He has been "guested"

So I won&#39;t be posting over there anymore.
    "Pardonnez a mes levres car elles trouvent de la joie dans les lieux les plus etranges."
    (Pardon my lips, they find pleasure in unusual places.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast