Thread: Ads that say "No AA" And this African American mans Experience as a New Hobbyist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thanks for the reply. That is exactly how I feel about it and was just curious based on my first experience. It's not the ladies that post it that I am concerned with it's the one that don't. It's a situation I definitely don't want to be in again. Like you said, it is what it is.

Verified Companion Companion sweetbabybeth's Avatar
    I'm sorry you had to experience that. Its hurtful. I'm Caucasian but my boys are not and ive experienced a lot of racism bc of my boys being mixed. It used to hurt my feelings even thought hey didn't know what was going on at the time, I felt outraged many times. I don't care what color you are. If you are a respectable man then that's all that really matters here to me. You will be fine. Tons of beautiful ladies here see African American Gents.. From your post you seem pretty mature and respectful.
    Just my 2 pennies
    Beth

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    WHAT? AA means African American?

I thought it meant Alcoholics Anonymous.

But seriously, racism permeates all of our institutions, including this one.
    Those of us who grew up in the 50s and 60s remember the signs in the diners that said: “ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.” Same thing here. It’s sad and unfortunate. Our culture hasn’t grown and evolved enough yet.

We shall overcome...I hope.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Unfortunately, it is stereotyping. And it is a form of risk management based on their or other's experience.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I completely agree with you and I feel badly for those ladies that have had to deal with that crap. It is exactly why I posed the question. It was purely based on my experiences so far. As I mentioned in the post, I respect all of these ladies and I definitely respect their right and/preference to be with whom every they choose.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thank Beth.
    Last edited by deesmooth; 06-29-2019 at 10:07 AM.