Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Honey.....I'm Home

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlie @ Jan 18 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I heard Elena is bringin&#39; Tamales... mmmmm

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie[/b]
    Is she bringing them from Omaha, few places here for really good tamales, you are talking mush wrapped pork, right? Or is this a secret code?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ss4699 @ Jan 19 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Is she bringing them from Omaha, few places here for really good tamales, you are talking mush wrapped pork, right? Or is this a secret code?[/b]

Yes, bringing them from Omaha. One of my relatives makes them. I used to make them with my grandma and mother, but its too much work and time consuming.

Carlie.....I&#39;m going to make some beans, rice and of course the salsa the day before too.

YUMMMM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ss4699 @ Jan 19 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Is she bringing them from Omaha, few places here for really good tamales, you are talking mush wrapped pork, right? Or is this a secret code?[/b]
    It is a code for "Carlie get your ass over here! its time for dinner!"

Elena has a very rich heritage, When she comes to visit, she brings HOME MADE Tamales!! (and hot sauce that gringo&#39;s cant eat). I get
    homesick (for TX) during the cold months and she helps me get over myself...amongst other things.

In return, Im taking her out for BBQ one evening, so if there is any suggestions out there, post them here-
    http://home2.invisionzone.com/index.php?sh...ic=6812&hl=

I cant wait for my favorite Mistress!!

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlie @ Jan 19 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Elena has a very rich heritage, When she comes to visit, she brings HOME MADE Tamales!! (and hot sauce that gringo&#39;s cant eat). I get
    homesick (for TX) during the cold months and she helps me get over myself...amongst other things.

In return, Im taking her out for BBQ one evening, so if there is any suggestions out there, post them here-
    http://home2.invisionzone.com/index.php?sh...ic=6812&hl=

I cant wait for my favorite Mistress!!

Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie[/b]
    All this has got my mouth watering for those authentic home made tamales! I had a friend whose grandmother made and sold them, but have lost track of her. Those were great! Have to find her. For years there used to be that street vendor Jim&#39;s Tamales(I think that was his name) that had great tamales. Don&#39;t see him around anymore. I havent been brave enough to try those "authentic" street vendors along Indep. Ave. All operated by hispanics, but not wanting to chance food poisoning! Elena, does your friend sell them. If so, sign me up for 2 dozen. That should last 6 months. Yea!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hey123 @ Jan 19 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    All this has got my mouth watering for those authentic home made tamales! I had a friend whose grandmother made and sold them, but have lost track of her. Those were great! Have to find her. For years there used to be that street vendor Jim&#39;s Tamales(I think that was his name) that had great tamales. Don&#39;t see him around anymore. I havent been brave enough to try those "authentic" street vendors along Indep. Ave. All operated by hispanics, but not wanting to chance food poisoning! Elena, does your friend sell them. If so, sign me up for 2 dozen. That should last 6 months. Yea!![/b]

Hey123,

Its a relative of mine who makes them and yes, she does sell them. If you&#39;re serious, I can place another order. But, if you don&#39;t pick them up from me....I shall hunt you down and hurt you. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlie @ Jan 19 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

homesick (for TX) during the cold months and she helps me get over myself...amongst other things....
    Kisses and Licks-
    Carlie[/b]
    Not fair, haven&#39;t had a great tamale in a long time.......and they had closed my favorite place in Austin when I was there a couple of weeks ago....would it help if I stamped my foot or begged Elena? For just one?

Im reaady for dinner again.. Last time it was sooo good!!! Ill be there early before carlie eats them all lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheQueen @ Jan 20 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Im reaady for dinner again.. Last time it was sooo good!!! Ill be there early before carlie eats them all lol[/b]

LOL you better show up early....Between Jeff and Carlie, it&#39;ll all be gone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mselena @ Jan 20 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    LOL you better show up early....Between Jeff and Carlie, it&#39;ll all be gone.[/b]
    So Elena, what would I have to do to get one of those Tamales? I can handle anything Jeffie can, well almost anything, he is a little younger than I am.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2