Thread: Where Home2 goes from here - Part 2

There are some pretty silly flame wars going on at ASPD, and apart from searching the database, I don't find myself drawn to check posts there any more. I'll have to wade through a bunch of threads debating the way things were to the ways things are to the way things should be. Hell, it's like some hack political site. Where's the sexy in that?! :D I have seen that several familiar handles seem to have moseyed over here. I'm going to start hanging over here myself. FBE stands for fuck buddy experience, not flame battle execution.

Cheers!

mm175d
    You can let go of my ears, I know what I am doing.

Verified Hobbyist BCD CivilBarrister's Avatar
    I agree;

The Owner's attitude sux. I will give them time to Grieve, but to essentially post, over and fucking over, that with one phone call they will shut the entire site down IF _________________

Personally I doubt they would give up the income stream under ANY condition.

But it also seems like their are staff and other members dropping like flies.

And with the new direction of "nothing sexy", no pictures, toned down ads, who knows: next Reviews will have to look like they are written by newbies without BCD access, so the "Stuff that happened" complies with something.

Glad I am here
    1RudeLawyer - I know I am a prick; Deal with it or ignore me.

Socials - info will be sent via Email

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CivilBarrister @ Dec 21 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ...who knows: next Reviews will have to look like they are written by newbies without BCD access, so the "Stuff that happened" complies with something.

Glad I am here[/b]
    That&#39;s what I&#39;m waiting to hear, what will reviews have to look like. Maybe we&#39;ll have to write a "Newbie" type of review there and then come over to here to write the rest of the fantasy...that is if they don&#39;t decide to pull the plug.

Glad I&#39;m here too
    I'm glad I quit lurking, oh gawd I'm glad I quit lurking!

They probably won&#39;t need to pull the plug. Judging from the emotional agitated nature of their posts, the next time the site goes down due to server problems or a spam attack (whether it&#39;s weeks or months), Amber&#39;s mom and sister will probably have complete and total meltdowns. And since Jade said that the site doesn&#39;t even generate the revenue to pay for itself, that would probably send the board down for the count.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Tamden's Avatar
    The recent posts by the new owners are so full of piss and vinegar that i skip them. The parts i have read basically indicate that the new management is hell bent on ruining the site. I will go, and read the few posts in my little corner of the world (RGV), but other than that, i will try to hang around here.

Over the years the stability issues with ASPD have taught us to never keep all of our eggs in the same basket. Lucky for us, there are a lot of options out there now. Like with other areas of the hobby....vote with your wallet and your effort. Put your effort where it&#39;s a appreciated.

LAP
    It&#39;s called the hobby for a reason, it&#39;s supposed to be something you enjoy doing. If you find that your no longer enjoying this...do something else.

Retired Administrator
    speaking of stability...
    have any others noticed how the aspd pages are now populating from the top to botto....side to side (watch the advertising banners @ top)??
    I know when I was full time in IT -- one of the things we tried to maintain was a page loading almost transparently once it was accessed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tamden @ Dec 22 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The recent posts by the new owners are so full of piss and vinegar that i skip them. The parts i have read basically indicate that the new management is hell bent on ruining the site. I will go, and read the few posts in my little corner of the world (RGV), but other than that, i will try to hang around here.[/b]
    Yes. There is NOTHING like using ALL CAPS repeatedly within a message to signal that you&#39;re just a little PISSED OFF. It&#39;s like SHOUTING those words for EMPHASIS. Gets a little wearisome.

;-)
    You can let go of my ears, I know what I am doing.

Retired Administrator
    Its quite simly called "Netiquette"

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/
    (the Wide World Web is no place for anger....)

Here&#39;s the thing - or at least what occurs to me. Make your own judgments, your own choices. I don&#39;t claim to be the brightest bulb in the ceiling. But some of the conversation that&#39;s going down at the former mothership currently gives me the creepy crawlies about posting anything new in the nature of "BCD" as we knew it, or, especially, mentioning a provider or another hobbyist over there. If I hang myself it&#39;ll happen cuz I tied my own knot. But nobody else need be dragged along.
    Trust yourself.