Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the lifeboats manned?

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wickedheather @ Dec 14 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    i have to say...i have to stop going on vacation!!

i was away when things started to &#39;hit the fan&#39; i guess you would say. thankfully a good friend contacted me and told me to check it out....[/b]
    Folks, let&#39;s try and support ASPD in this terrible time. It&#39;s been good to us over the years.

Jade&#39;s lost her daughter in a horrible fashion and has been left with a terrible mess. Even without the problems surrounding Amber&#39;s death, running the board is a hassle and takes a lot of effort. She&#39;s got a lot to handle all of a sudden and will make some mistakes. Let&#39;s try and help as best we can.

Yes, Amber should have loosened her grip and made better arrangements to keep the site running a long time ago, but she was busy dying, and couldn&#39;t bear to let her baby go.

I see no hurry to do anything at the moment. If things fall apart, we can always find new places to go later.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

Verified Hobbyist BCD Monk Rasputin's Avatar
    This is a kinder, gentler place. Has been from the beginning. Fewer personal agendas get played out here, there are fewer axes to grind, there&#39;s less rancor, less bullying, less posturing. Tess, it indeed is a lifeboat, and you are wise to see that. CK, select a course for us. As for the mother ship...

Monk
    Живи и жить давай другим
    “Live and let live”

Let&#39;s keep the lights on. I can&#39;t read between the lines over there any more, I&#39;m too simple-minded.
    Trust yourself.

Verified Companion Companion wickedheather's Avatar
    well, just read another rant. and now i am too bummed.

more threats of a phone call will shut you down. we dont&#39; care about you, you mean nothing, none of you will be missed...that was just the ones i could remember.

just so sad. wanted to take the &#39;wait and see&#39;, and yes i would have been supportive, if i didn&#39;t feel so...disliked! i know change is hard for some, but i just can&#39;t deal with it. not the way it&#39;s being done.

i just made my own post to let the girls know that i would no longer be participating on the board, not for a while. that i would be around and that they can always reach me for anything i can do for them, but i am out of sight from now on. i&#39;ll lurk and you&#39;ll see an ad,but i can&#39;t bring myself to want to do anything more. that is a sad feeling. i have loved my time on aspd, i never thought of myself as someone who &#39;just took&#39;.

i participated, i networked with the girls, i attended the socials. i loved that site. but, the change over has been so angry and hateful. i don&#39;t want a prize for anything i did, i just don&#39;t like being told that i suck and we don&#39;t care if you are here or not, and every day living with the threat that one phone call will shut us down.

so i see me around here waaaay more than anywhere else. like it here. it&#39;s, as monk said, a gentler, kinder place. away from the hell storm that is taking place right now.

Warm, Wet, Wicked Kisses

I'm a Bitch, I'm a Tease, I'm a Goddess on my Kneess...M.Brooks

HEATHER'S SITE

I hate posting "me too" messages, but WickedHeather, you are 100% on the mark, IMO.

CK, a big THANK YOU for all the work you&#39;ve done and for providing this safe harbor during the storm.

As my Pappy used to say, "A man is only as old as the woman he feels"

Retired Companion
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wickedheather @ Dec 16 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    well, just read another rant. and now i am too bummed.

more threats of a phone call will shut you down. we dont&#39; care about you, you mean nothing, none of you will be missed...that was just the ones i could remember.

just so sad. wanted to take the &#39;wait and see&#39;, and yes i would have been supportive, if i didn&#39;t feel so...disliked! i know change is hard for some, but i just can&#39;t deal with it. not the way it&#39;s being done.

i just made my own post to let the girls know that i would no longer be participating on the board, not for a while. that i would be around and that they can always reach me for anything i can do for them, but i am out of sight from now on. i&#39;ll lurk and you&#39;ll see an ad,but i can&#39;t bring myself to want to do anything more. that is a sad feeling. i have loved my time on aspd, i never thought of myself as someone who &#39;just took&#39;.

i participated, i networked with the girls, i attended the socials. i loved that site. but, the change over has been so angry and hateful. i don&#39;t want a prize for anything i did, i just don&#39;t like being told that i suck and we don&#39;t care if you are here or not, and every day living with the threat that one phone call will shut us down.

so i see me around here waaaay more than anywhere else. like it here. it&#39;s, as monk said, a gentler, kinder place. away from the hell storm that is taking place right now.[/b]

This might come as a shock to you. But I understand & agree with you.

I have no intention of ever going back to WhispersASPD.com site again, Thanks CK for this site!!!

Hobbie
    "I Love the nights,
    I can't remember,
    with friends,
    I can't forget".

Retired Companion
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hobbie @ Dec 16 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I have no intention of ever going back to WhispersASPD.com site again,

Hobbie [/b]

Loved it!! Needed a good chuckle! :P

Retired Companion
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KosherCowboy @ Dec 13 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That being said I have a few ideas I will share with CK in private of how this site could be used[/b]

I&#39;ve offered some ideas as well. I&#39;m sure we&#39;ll see some valued/useful improvements (when the time is right) within home2 that will be welcomed by all.

Hobby safely & wisely!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wicked milf @ Dec 16 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This might come as a shock to you. But I understand & agree with you.[/b]
    LOL!! i needed to laugh today. that helps...thanks
    Warm, Wet, Wicked Kisses

HEATHER'S SITE

Heather, i understand your perspective. I don&#39;t know jade, but I suspect she just found this newfangled thing called a website, and finds it an easy outlet for expressing grief, frustration, anger, and sorrow. I say give it some time. However it does seem quite precarious, and I hope folks continue to build up this site, which has certain advantages. The main disadvantage here, for the guys at least, is lack of information. But the mothership was an infant once too.
    The four food groups: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FootLong @ Dec 16 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The main disadvantage here, for the guys at least, is lack of information. But the mothership was an infant once too.[/b]

So guess what that means....... Get to work boys!!!..........start booking and reviewing :P
    ~Kisses Jen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nibbles_n_licksx @ Dec 16 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    So guess what that means....... Get to work boys!!!..........start booking and reviewing :P
    ~Kisses Jen[/b]
    that&#39;s what i am talking about!!!

and footlong...i get it. it&#39;s not that. but the insanity on that board is truly hitting a new level of crazy. the new rule is just down right nasty and hateful and facist if you ask me. and the thread started by that mysoginistic ass wipe!!!

he doesn&#39;t care if providers are there or not??? he doesn&#39;t want to hear from us??? but the guys should be able to say any damn thing and not be held accountable? yeah, that is going to work :blink:

i will not support nor participate a site that disrespects me in ANY way. as a member or as a woman for sure. i do not owe aspd a damn thing, and if i am nothing and they won&#39;t miss us, well so be it...but support them...HELL-2-THA-NO.
    Warm, Wet, Wicked Kisses

HEATHER'S SITE

Verified Companion Companion Snowgoddess's Avatar
    I, for one, am happy to have some drama free space.

Heather, the words were jade&#39;s, posted by Deuce. So I don&#39;t believe you are correct saying "He doesn&#39;t...". To be fair. Unless you are referring to some other post. Time will tell how the "new" site will treat its members.
    The four food groups: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast