Thread: Newbie question

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Newbie question

All,
    Hope you're doing good!
    I'm new to the hobby and had a lot of questions, most of which were cleared on the other website.
    I'm really curious about one thing- Safety and Testing. I'm still in my early 20s and I want to get into the hobby. But I'm unsure about how people get tested and the details of it. I had to pay to read any details on the other site but I don't think I'm ready yet.
    Are there any posts on OH2 that discuss Testing of Hobbyists? Please let me know as this will be extremely helpful for a newbie like me. I hope you understand my situation.
    Thanks!
    -Jon

Just see your PCP and ask for blood work for STDs. There may be clinics where you can get blood work anonymously, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Good luck and I appreciate you realizing this 'hobby' needs extra protection for the health of everybody involved.
    Last edited by WW-DEAR_JOHN; 06-19-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You can go to Any Lab. That's the name. Locations all over town. You pay cash and you don't have to give your name.

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    Welcome,
    To be honest (my belief) is no one can protect you but you. Keep in contact with your PCP or see what services are offered by your local health department.
    When and if you think you're ready to hobby do your research on the provider that catches your eye and try and be sure she's a reputable safe play provider and even then still protect yourself.
    Mainly still have FUN with the session if you decide to play.

Not sure if tyboy1 meant:
    https://www.anylabtestnow.com but just click 'locations' an put in your zip code and get in your car and drive on over.

Relax! Read and research and stay safe on these internet streets :)

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeking ~P View Post
    Welcome,
    To be honest (my belief) is no one can protect you but you. Keep in contact with your PCP or see what services are offered by your local health department.
    When and if you think you're ready to hobby do your research on the provider that catches your eye and try and be sure she's a reputable safe play provider and even then still protect yourself.
    Mainly still have FUN with the session if you decide to play.

Not sure if tyboy1 meant:
    https://www.anylabtestnow.com but just click 'locations' an put in your zip code and get in your car and drive on over.

Relax! Read and research and stay safe on these internet streets :)
    Yes ma'am! I sure need to do some relaxing. These sites have been extremely useful for me and giving me.the confidence to be a part of the hobby community. But at the same time I'm also sceptical since I'm a newbie. Just trying to take one step at a time.

Appreciate your help and support, everyone!

there are 2 routes for men to getting tested.
    1. free route. you can go to any cdc building or public health department they do a rapid blood test they prick your finger and put sample into little machine and it will tell you results within no longer than 10 min.
    or
    2. paid route... about 80.00 if you dont carry insurance
    quest diagnostics ( partners with memorial herman) will do a complete test but can take up to a week to get results but you can log in online through their website to view results.
    LADIES have a second free option to get tested for all std and hiv infections if they are pregnant or have a child under 5 its called the source for women they are everywhere around houston and provide these tests free for ladies .

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyxxxo View Post
    there are 2 routes for men to getting tested.
    1. free route. you can go to any cdc building or public health department they do a rapid blood test they prick your finger and put sample into little machine and it will tell you results within no longer than 10 min.
    or
    2. paid route... about 80.00 if you dont carry insurance
    quest diagnostics ( partners with memorial herman) will do a complete test but can take up to a week to get results but you can log in online through their website to view results.
    LADIES have a second free option to get tested for all std and hiv infections if they are pregnant or have a child under 5 its called the source for women they are everywhere around houston and provide these tests free for ladies .
    https://questdirect.questdiagnostics.com/products
    Quest shows their basic STD panel at $199, expanded is $379. Are you able to get some kind of discount off of those quoted prices Caroline? Because $80 is a hell of a price.

https://www.anylabtestnow.com/test-f...category_id=23
    Anylabtestnow is a good source. It is completely anonymous other than you do have to pay with a CC. Results are delivered in 2 - 3 days via email. Prices are less than what is on the Quest site.

At any rate OP, good on you for coming into the hobby with your eyes wide open. Have fun.
    boardman ~ Often imitated, never duplicated.
    Part time hobbyist.
    A good session includes these essentials: GFE, DFK, BBBJ, BLS, DATY, FIV, MPCFS and Enthusiasm.
    Enhancers: DATO,TUMA, FIA, Toys, CIM, dirty talk. I'm open to role play or hearing anything you'd like to try.
    I'm not going to ask for greek. If you want it then we can give it a try. MSOG is not expected unless it is an extended session(usually doubles).
    P411 is current with 30+ OKs

Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    Quest shows their basic STD panel at $199, expanded is $379. Are you able to get some kind of discount off of those quoted prices Caroline? Because $80 is a hell of a price.

Anylabtestnow is a good source. It is completely anonymous other than you do have to pay with a CC. Results are delivered in 2 - 3 days via email. Prices are less than what is on the Quest site.

At any rate OP, good on you for coming into the hobby with your eyes wide open. Have fun.
    maybe my price is from my insurance covering partial and i get it referral through my gyno

and while i know the online places seem cheap the problem is lets say heaven forbid they find something you will have to cover seeing a dr. and getting a rx. in which case most dr. will reccomend a second test to validate the findings. so to me id just rather go in be honest with my dr. im in a open relationaship and am promiscuous it seems cheaper..

and my apologies i meant to say if you do carry insurance my phone auto fills sentences srry about that
    Last edited by lovelyxxxo; 06-24-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jons123yk View Post
    I'm also sceptical since I'm a newbie. Just trying to take one step at a time.
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Keep us posted Jon :)

Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post

Great Info. I'm sure that there are a few gents that wouldn't mind having this info. Good luck Jon and welcome!

Verified Hobbyist BCD ned_filanderer's Avatar
    And if you can't be bothered with going to a physical location, https://www.mylabbox.com/ is an option if you don't mind collecting your own specimens.