Thread: US Censored

Verified Companion Companion

US Censored

So it appears 411 is not going to make a US friendly version if hosting one out of region.

I like many still use 411, what do you think about it as it is also changing ownership this Month?

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    P411 is notoriously private about proprietary information and has expelled participants for too much "sharing." To my knowledge, that hasn't changed. Just tossing this out as a caution during continuing discussion.

That said, it's common knowledge that they have always been
    hosted outside the US, and with SESTA/FOSTA, it would not be in their best interests to generate a US friendly version now. Many sites have withdrawn from the US, like TER, or just folded. However, P411 does seem to be accepting applications again IF lads and lassies are invited by current members who will act as references.

Here's a contact link:
    https://preferred411.com/index.cfm?fx=Contact

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I like the direction in which P411 is moving. I hope they can attract a wider audience.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    P411 who??

I like it here and most of the members here. I really like our Admin. and Site Guides Ms. Fancy and Batman.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    P411 who??

I like it here and most of the members here. I really like our Admin. and Site Guides Ms. Fancy and Batman.
    I too like it here. A lot. One may enjoy both. I do.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

It's like I said many, many months back when the entire hobby world was going nuts about the impending "shutdown". There is and can be no such thing. It's impossible from a technical perspective.

My main two points, in a much smaller nutshell, were (and still are):

#1: No one, not even the US government, can just shutdown sites. Even with servers on US soil it's a long, long process of getting the proper warrants and investigations. If the data center is not on US soil (as most smart people will have done) then it is, for all practical intents and purposes, "impossible". Yes, we can block IPs from countries, we can instruct major ISPs to firewall against certain blocks of IPs known to originate questionable material or from countries of I'll reputation, etc... However that's not even close to a bullet proof practice and it's not the same as shutting something down. Furthermore, you can so easily get around all of that with VPNs, TOR/Onion, dark web services, masquerading IPs, etc....

#2: SESTA/FOSTA is quite simply not really aimed at sites like this one, or 411, or E, or any of those types. Oh sure, do the super conservatives see it all as the same thing? You bet. They'd like to stop all of it. But the real target is something else. The entire issue with regard to those bills is largely related to "forced" or under duress slavery and human trafficking (or, specifically, sex trafficking, but it's not exclusive to sex traffic).

It's likely true that in super conservative movements they will not see a distinction. In practice though, and due to limitations in enforcement budgets, practicality of enforcing, technical and legal limitations, loopholes, etc they can't really focus on anything but the truly awful and disgusting underage or forced human trafficking or sex slavery. That stuff should rightly be stamped out too. But to think that the "hobby world" or such activities create underage sex trafficking or slavery is analogous to the ridiculous lobbyists back in the day who thought Doom and Mortal Kombat were responsible for the Columbine shootings. Totally absurd.

-MG

Verified Companion Companion Ava In Austin's Avatar
    Good to know and thanks for repeating this information MG :)
    Rare Ink-Free Girlfriend Companion!
    Sweet, Discreet & Elite
    Lover of courteous respectful gentlemen, including
    newbies, traveling, younger & you awesome local guys!
    I do not care to be reviewed, being vouched for is appreciated.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Excellent points, MG. Alas, paranoia, peeps with PR fears, and power figures with alternative agendas tend to prance around what they don't want to acknowledge, and others often just follow the leader. (Horse blinders and reins come to mind.)

But the good news relevant to this thread for many Hobby participants is that P411 appears to be expanding again. Cool beans and Irish luck!

Last edited by Fancyinheels; 06-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    That's exciting about p411 accepting new providers. The provider profile doesn't always show the join date, but Advanced Search lets you show new providers in the last 7 days to see the new talent.