Thread: Problems with PMs sending duplicated info in background when multiple tabs open

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Atttention Problems with PMs sending duplicated info in background when multiple tabs open

Mods—

Could use some help here...or at a minimum, this may be a FYI. Sorry if this isn’t the right forum.

Had two PM windows open—one for a friend X whose thread I was replying to and had gone on for a few days, and another for provider Y who I had written an inquiry about services.

When I went to hit “send” on the message thread for friend X, it somehow copied the entirety of the thread and changed title of the PM to friend X in the message I was sent to Provider Y after I sent my message to Provider Y.

The text of the message to Provider Y did not change from what I originally typed on the screen, and I had hit SEND for that message too. I only found this out when I went to my sent folder and both the message to Friend X and Provider Y were identical.

There was no cut/copy/paste involved—just two tabs open in Chrome at the same time. Thankfully the info in the thread isn’t too personal, but if it’s happening to others, could be a big problem.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Ye Gods, that's a fanny-spanking new one! Not an issue I've heard of prior.

I often have multiple windows open while replying to various members, but in Firefox. No such problems yet, thankfully. Maybe just related to Chrome?

Going to relocate this to the technical issue forum for more exposure and insight.
    Thanks for reporting! Anyone else experience a similar incident?
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 05-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
    Ye Gods, that's a fanny-spanking new one! Not an issue I've heard of prior.

I often have multiple tabs open while replying to various members, but in Firefox. No such problems yet, thankfully. Maybe just related to Chrome?

Going to relocate this to the technical issue forum for more exposure and insight.
    Thanks for reporting! Anyone else experience a similar incident?
    Let me know if you want/need more details. Or better yet, if you have the ability to delete a PM from a user’s box.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    ^ Sending you a PM, lad. The device you were using may also be a factor.

I wouldn't think the following admin announcement on 5/18 would be applicable, but maybe? Darn tech issues can frequently be interrelated.

Site Access "hiccups" ahead
    Due to our host performing several site important upgrades over the next two weeks, users may have connection issues from time to time.
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 05-28-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    A new "unknown/not previously" reported issue.

Like FIH in my expeience witl multiple windows open at same time, usually in Chrome or Firefox, no previous problems noted.

But I note I operate only in tablet/laptop. Very rarely on Android cell or iPhone. Safari and IE only when testing.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!