Thread: Hourly Motels/Hotels in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD Anandaman's Avatar

Hourly Motels/Hotels in Austin

Are there motels/hotels in Austin that rent by the hour? Can anyone recommend one? How much do they charge for 1 or 2 hours?

Thanks!
    A'Man

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Motel 71.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD chairspud's Avatar
    Patton Courts 290
    Never enough SEX, Never enough MONEY!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I've been trying to find something for some time, but I only hear references to roach motels like the ones referenced above. But that is an option I'm not even going to consider.

Personally, I'm not looking for cheap as much as I'm trying to find a place where I can use during day time hours (ie. 10AM-4PM). Most hotels have a checkout time of 11AM and check in of 3PM which makes this very difficult.

One option is dayuse.com. They do have (albeit a very limited selection of) decent hotels that you can book during the day. They're not cheap, and cost as much or more than a regular night. But you get the room for the day.

Also, if you are a member of the loyalty club for the hotel, usually you can ask for 1 or 2 hours extension of the checkout time. I was able to get a late checkout at Hilton Garden Inn as late as 2PM. But make sure you request that when you check in (I actually call before I even make the reservation). YMMV on whether they accept or not. It depends on how busy they are and how amenable the manager is. Being nice when asking doesn't hurt.

Another nice benefit of Hilton hotels is that you get a digital key and can check in on your phone. So you don't even have to show up at the reception desk the prior evening, and can come in the morning and enter through the side or back door (your digital key will open all general access locks on property) with your partner without drawing attention.

I've heard that many hotels actually offer day rates but don't advertise it and that you'd have to call the hotel to ask. However, in my experience I have called many 3-star hotels and they all either said no, or quoted me a really high price.

There is also the AirBnB route, but I have never been able to find something reasonably priced or has flexible hours to suit my needs.

So for now, I'm sticking to the common 3-star hotels. After shopping around, I've been paying $70-$90 per stay. It's just the cost of the convenience I guess. If you find anything else, please share.

There are a couple of hotels you can have for 6 hours that aren't too seedy. You can get them from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. The first is Hyatt Place Austin, the other is Holiday Inn Express in Hutto. The info is here: https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en/hotel...-states/austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD Anandaman's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info. Houston has hourly motels all over town (Paradise Inn's mostly). Some are kinda run down and some are fairly nice. It's typically between $25 to $35/hr or even around the same price for 2 hrs. It provides another level of convenience and flexibility that's nice to have in some situations.

A'Man

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Recently, I've been getting some real good rates through Priceline (Express deals), and Hotwire. If you are not picky about the hotel brand and can accommodate the 3-12pm in/out times, you can get very good rooms for $45/night and up. So make sure you check those out as well.