Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shaving

Quote Originally Posted by CubanAva View Post
    +1BL

I will also add, MOISTURIZE!!!! Use a noncomedogenic moisturizer, something oil free and light. A facial moisturizer with salicylic acid works wonders for there and under the arms. Make sure it is fragrance free and free and if it contains aloe or witch hazel, that would be awesome too. Be sure to exfoliate the day following as well, the hairs start to grow back and you want to make sure they can break through or else you'll get more ingrown hairs.
    Also, if the hairs are long enough TRIM THEM FIRST! That way you wont have to go over them more than once.
    Hold the skin taut and shave with the grain for a close shave or against for a smooth shave. If you're going against, make sure you only go over the area ONCE!
    Such great advice Ava. Especially about the ingrown hairs. ++💯. Absolutely. This is also why giving the nether regions a little break from time to time is not a bad idea bc it's a very sensitive area for both men and women.

These are all VERY good additions to this thread which were not entirely mentioned so far and are so important to not getting ingrown hairs or little bumps and pimples. Seriously people. Man or woman there's nothing worse than shaved nethers that have pimples from ingrowing hairs, or the beginnings of them, or from improper moisturizing, or razor burns from too many passes.

-MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I'm always looking for a big old bush.

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Thats good to know.

Who are the other bush lovers?

Oh yeah, one more thing I'll add to this discussion about how to properly shave genital areas is that the more regularly you keep an area shaved, the more conditioned and resistant to razor burn, nicks, small pimples, or ingrown hairs, that area will become.

You don't want to just start out deciding to shave your privates for the first time, or first in a "long" time, and then do it every day or even every other day. You would want to wait at least 3 days if not 4 (in the beginning).

The genital areas are very sensitive. The skin is not used to being shaved like it is on a man's face or a woman's legs. With more regular, but proper techniques, it will become much more resilient and less likely to get nicks, bumps, rash...

What Ava said about the ONE pass if going against the grain for a super close shave is even more vitally important if you are new to shaving the area or haven't done it in quite a while. You *will* get razor burns or tiny surface nicks if you pass more than one time, two at most, and you should not be pressing too hard to try to get a laser smooth finish. You would be better to pass once, or very lightly twice in stubborn spots, and then just pluck the stubborn spots with a taut stretch of the skin and a quick clean tweeze extraction. In general though, start with a close shave, not laser smooth, use all the right techniques per above, and after some regularity, you will be able to achieve a laser smooth finish with no irritation or ingrown hairs. 😉

-MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I've never had issues with skin rash or such when I landscape. I use Clinique post shave gel and M lotion. Yes they are mens products from the Clinique counter at the major department stores. Shave healer runs 21 bucks and M lotion was 17. Those were California prices though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2