Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Shaving

I imagine this board has a lot of experience with keeping things trimmed downstairs....

How do you treat ingrowns?

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Most in grown hairs should take care of themselves the more you mess with it the greater chance of making it worse and it getting infected. Also make sure it really is an ingrown hair and not an ingrown hair cyst.

A warm compress helps, if you can see the hair under the skin, a little alcohol on the area and use tweezers or a safety pin disinfected to careful guide the hair back out of the skin and remove it. Clean with alcohol and apply aloe, cortisone, witch hazel or tea tree oil and let the area heal before trying to shave again to avoid irritation. This helps if you are getting one or two pesky little ones.

If you are getting multiple ones you are possibly shaving way to frequently or not properly preparing the area before doing so. You however might just be screwed with genetics and if you are a person with thick, curly hair you might develop ingrown hairs more often than people with fine, thin hair. This is especially true with pubic hair, which tends to be coarser than hair on the head or the rest of the body.

This is the best way to avoid them:

First, wash your skin with a mild soap. Exfoliating the area before shaving is great and if you can soak in warm water or use a warm compress to make the area soft. Rub on a lubricating shave cream or shave gel, or one that’s designed for sensitive areas. Soft and slow wins the race and avoid going over the same areas over and over.

When you’re finished, dry the area thoroughly before putting on your underwear and pants.

Use a single blade razor. Some razors are designed to reduce the risk of ingrown hairs. You can try one of these special razors, or just buy a single-bladed razor.

If your razor is several uses old, replace it with a fresh one. Dull blades don’t make clean, precise cuts and can increase your risk for an ingrown hair.

^ What she said! ^

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    As a male who has been shaving for 20 years I'll offer this advice. I hate that I have a hairy body lol. I only trim down there but I shave everything else. I shave about every 2-3 days or if I'm going to be seeing a lady. I do it after being in a warm to hot shower for 5 or so minutes. I think this helps to soften coarse hair that most us men have. I use soap (made from goats milk) as a lubricant and my house has soft water. As said keep a sharp razor too. Also I personally get very dry skin and use lotion daily, not sure if that helps or not. Anyhow I have maybe had 2-3 ingrown hairs in all these years. If I shave too often I do get razor burn though. I also exfoliate which I think helps loosen hairs that may start to become ingrown. Also I need to state I'm not metro lol. I promise I'm a mans man if you ever were to meet me. I just hate being hairy lol.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Britt, you’re the breast!

Spot, I appreciate you sharing.

Both great advice

What Britt said is spot on whether you're a man or woman. However it's definitely common for men to hassle with it frequently bc our hair is thicker and more course. Facial hair for sure, far more so, but all other body hair as well.

Basically everything BL said but in summary:

1. Use a very sharp razor with a very good aloe or moisturizing strip. Make sure the aloe/moisture strip is still in tact. My preferred razor, even though technically a single blade should be best to avoid in-growns, is either the Schick Sensitive Skin 5 blade with aloe strip or any of the Gillette Fusion 5 blade brands. A cheaper alternative that's also very good are the Dollar Shave Club razors, Harry's, or even the newer Walmart Equate brand 5 blade razors.

2. Use a nice bit of warm water or a pre-shave shower to soften the hair. Or you can do it during the shower after allowing some time to soften up.

3. Use a very good shaving cream and lather it in generously.

4. Shave against the grain when possible.

5. Use a good post shave cream or ointment that helps to keep pores clean and unclogged. This is partly what leads to ingrown hairs.

Those are the main 5 things I would advise. 😀

-MG

Short version & same as the other answers

How to prevent ingrown hairs
    Exfoliate and cleanse before shaving. A serious game changer, exfoliating removes dead skin that can trap hairs and turn them into razor bumps. ...
    Turn up the heat. ...
    Keep it sharp and clean. ...
    Shave with the grain, if you can. ...
    Do a warm water shave with shaving cream or gel. ...
    Don't shave too close.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Satchel's Avatar
    Really wish women wouldn't shave their Vag or underarms period!!

He likes the hairy wolf woman... Nothing wrong with that Sexy Satchel. Less time shaving and more play time sitting on c*ck

Quote Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
    Really wish women wouldn't shave their Vag or underarms period!!
    Dude. Really? Under the arms too?!

I mean, to each their own but no effing way for me, thanks . Shave, laser, or wax that sweet thing as smooth as the surface of a mirror (or close haha).

Quote Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
    Dude. Really? Under the arms too?!

I mean, to each their own but no effing way for me, thanks . Shave, laser, or wax that sweet thing as smooth as the surface of a mirror (or close haha).
    JUST SAY, NO

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Definitely no to the under arm hair but do sport a tiny bush here and there!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    JUST SAY, NO

Omg!
    She's got Don King in a leg lock

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    +1BL

I will also add, MOISTURIZE!!!! Use a noncomedogenic moisturizer, something oil free and light. A facial moisturizer with salicylic acid works wonders for there and under the arms. Make sure it is fragrance free and free and if it contains aloe or witch hazel, that would be awesome too. Be sure to exfoliate the day following as well, the hairs start to grow back and you want to make sure they can break through or else you'll get more ingrown hairs.
    Also, if the hairs are long enough TRIM THEM FIRST! That way you wont have to go over them more than once.
    Hold the skin taut and shave with the grain for a close shave or against for a smooth shave. If you're going against, make sure you only go over the area ONCE!

I find that using a new razor is a bit too sharp for sensitive areas so I'll shave my legs first and somehow that causes less irritation. When it comes to razor use, I will use one razor three times for a full body shave and then replace the head, disposable razors are good for one full body use. I use mens razors specifically for sensitive skin or the noxzema razors with the green handles when I can find them.

-from someone with sensitive skin and thick curly and dark hair aka the most annoying hair, head or otherwise, in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    JUST SAY, NO

Hahahaha Universal. Very funny and, yes, blehhhhh

A little small bush downstairs is "ok", especially if the lips are clean. Yea that's fine by me here and there on occasion as long as it's trimmed and most the, ummmm, lickable parts, are pretty clean.

BUT that pic is fucking funny LMAO....and also super gross

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast