Quote Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
He (or they) who cannot (or those who refuse!) to figure out the chain of command herein is/are forever doomed (and thusly identified) to demonstrating an impoverished perspective of this community.

Management and/or staff here are customarily reflected in their avatar titles, but not always.

So when one is identified as:

Administrator
Site "Guide"
The "Guide" In Black ®
Verified Companion & Community "Guide"

^^^ consider them the obvious and identified (in public, so to speak) community leaders with all the responsibilities and powers so accrued and thus endowed, along with others who may be currently hidden and/or yet to be published/promulgated.

Members accepted into our community are all "equals" at the get-go and demonstrate by their posts and threads whether they are deserving of more respect and more access, and perhaps, in due course, more responsibility.

Obviously, some members demonstrate they are "dicks" and a few are more obviously DICKISH! than others. And consequently may suffer reduced access and disenfranchisement.

This community, for the most part, is very well self-regulated.

We relatively few staff members do not need to ponder dealing with obvious outlandish or disrespectful behavior.

But we do regularly consider whether some members self-nominate themselves for "disengagement" which usually results in an avatar title of

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - STALKING & FAILURE TO RESPECT SITE RULES

or

SCAMS AND STALKS AND OUTS PROVIDERS

or similar descriptions based on established facts and data.

Or reductions in access or status etc.

The few infractions handed out on a regular usually are in relation to overposting in restricted forums, or in disrespecting the few rules which can be found in the FAQ subsection:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/faq.php...#faq_community

Questions about "ownership" herein are out of bounds for the obvious privacy reasons.
Seeing as how Leonardo said “Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence,” you can label me as a *cannot* if you so wish. But don't be as Bradstreets' words “Authority without wisdom is like a heavy axe without an edge, fitter to bruise than polish.” CK, you do take time to think about what you pose to write here. Just because what I ask has never been put in place here (as on the site this was spun off from) doesn't mean everyone knows the pecking order. I don't like assign myself to ignorance of the law. I like to know it. And that applies to leadership. Maybe that is just me.

I like the equality you say is amongst members here. If truly practiced, the site will function smoothly as you would like via the self-regulation. And seeing that you say some of the *higher level* members here can option not announcing themselves via Avatar title, lower level people can find themselves suffering if they are "dickish" with them. BTW, can you bring back the Ad Hog Award Avatar? I loved that one. But I can see where the anonymity can play into favour of those trying to leverage a faux title on a Provider. This is just one of the reasons I ask for it to be known as much as can be. As for the owner, Ima sure some rectums are still hurt by the Ty affair. But that is another thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
Since reference was made to "the Mother Ship" here some background leading up to the creation of OurHome2, directly quoting the ASPD founder's hobby philosophy:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...m-memorialized
Thank you.
That was an EXCELLENT link to refer to.
BTW people can see the pecking order of that site there ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
Actually, from the responses given, your meme wasn't addressed.

Is there a link you could supply for "the rest of the story'?