Thread: Chain of Command / Management / Support Staff

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar

Chain of Command / Management / Support Staff

Being a member here for over a decade, *I* always assumed CK ran this site.

Doing a search, possibly with limited bounds (but I have found a few threads started bringing up problems with the Search function :) ), I could not find anything noting the leadership of this site.

So as not to follow ANYBODY claiming to have clout on this site above a members status (Hobbyist/Provider, Verified or not) can those that have authority here post the Chain of Command on this site from Owner, fully understanding that no Real World information be posted, down to those that Moderate (if they are just one step above actual members.)

I think it would be helpful so as people know where to go and how much authority the people they seek have here. Lord knows that members have falsely posed themselves as being in a position higher than they really are on this site and it would snip quite a few troublesome buds.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Pb, I am interested to see where this thread goes.

Having been a resident of hobbyville for only three years, I am envious of those like you who have been around for so much longer.

But I don’t understand your need to know who owns O2. We all know who to contact with questions and concerns. And none of us had to pay to be here.

I look forward to what others have to say.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Pb, I am interested to see where this thread goes.
    Glad I piqued one persons interest.

Having been a resident of hobbyville for only three years, I am envious of those like you who have been around for so much longer.
    No need for homage/idol worship here. Nor the green eyed monster.

But I don’t understand your need to know who owns O2. We all know who to contact with questions and concerns. And none of us had to pay to be here.
    You are mistaken. It is not *my need*. As I said, "So as not to follow ANYBODY claiming to have clout on this site above a members status." Also, the origins of this site started with the Mothership (ASPD) and its staff. And they posted such that I am asking for. Don't *ASSUME* you know who to go to without knowing the staff. Now, if you know where what I am asking is posted on this site, please provide a link for us all. Otherwise, I am just following what was in place on the origins of this site.

I look forward to what others have to say.
    I am awaiting a reply myself.

My Huckleberry

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    He (or they) who cannot (or those who refuse!) to figure out the chain of command herein is/are forever doomed (and thusly identified) to demonstrating an impoverished perspective of this community.

Management and/or staff here are customarily reflected in their avatar titles, but not always.

So when one is identified as:

Administrator
    Site "Guide"
    The "Guide" In Black ®
    Verified Companion & Community "Guide"

^^^ consider them the obvious and identified (in public, so to speak) community leaders with all the responsibilities and powers so accrued and thus endowed, along with others who may be currently hidden and/or yet to be published/promulgated.

Members accepted into our community are all "equals" at the get-go and demonstrate by their posts and threads whether they are deserving of more respect and more access, and perhaps, in due course, more responsibility.

Obviously, some members demonstrate they are "dicks" and a few are more obviously DICKISH! than others. And consequently may suffer reduced access and disenfranchisement.

This community, for the most part, is very well self-regulated.

We relatively few staff members do not need to ponder dealing with obvious outlandish or disrespectful behavior.

But we do regularly consider whether some members self-nominate themselves for "disengagement" which usually results in an avatar title of

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - STALKING & FAILURE TO RESPECT SITE RULES

or

SCAMS AND STALKS AND OUTS PROVIDERS

or similar descriptions based on established facts and data.

Or reductions in access or status etc.

The few infractions handed out on a regular usually are in relation to overposting in restricted forums, or in disrespecting the few rules which can be found in the FAQ subsection:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/faq.php...#faq_community

Questions about "ownership" herein are out of bounds for the obvious privacy reasons.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Since reference was made to "the Mother Ship" here some background leading up to the creation of OurHome2, directly quoting the ASPD founder's hobby philosophy:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...m-memorialized

And for those who do not know the history of ASPD, it was created in 1999 by a veteran companion/spa owner and was among the first of any hobby review sites.

Fast forward to 2009, the site had suffered several hack attacks and data base losses, and due to personal illness of its creator, suffered several outages in late 2008 which is when the founders of ourhome2 determined a backup site -- mainly to facilitate communications for social function members in multiple Texas and other cities during aspd blackouts.

Thus, when aspd crashed in early 2010 the majority of its admins and mods were already participating on OH2.

The very low "limelight" of OH2 was more than adequate for this community, and likely would have continued as such but the April 2018 hobbyverse legal tsunami changed all that.

And, here we are!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
    And, here we are!
    For those of us washed ashore by the tsunami, thank you.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

He (or they) who cannot (or those who refuse!) to figure out the chain of command herein is/are forever doomed (and thusly identified) to demonstrating an impoverished perspective of this community.

Management and/or staff here are customarily reflected in their avatar titles, but not always.

Administrator
    Site "Guide"
    The "Guide" In Black ®

^^^ consider them the obvious and identified (in public, so to speak) community leaders with all the responsibilities and powers so accrued and thus endowed, along with others who may be currently hidden and/or yet to be published/promulgated.

Members accepted into our community are all "equals" at the get-go and demonstrate by their posts and threads whether they are deserving of more respect and more access, and perhaps, in due course, more responsibility.

Obviously, some members demonstrate they are "dicks" and a few are more obviously DICKISH! than others. And consequently may suffer reduced access and disenfranchisement.

This community, for the most part, is very well self-regulated.

We relatively few staff members do not need to ponder dealing with obvious outlandish or disrespectful behavior.

But we do regularly consider whether some members self-nominate themselves for "disengagement" which usually results in an avatar title of

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - STALKING & FAILURE TO RESPECT SITE RULES

or

SCAMS AND STALKS AND OUTS PROVIDERS

or similar descriptions based on established facts and data.

Or reductions in access or status etc.

The few infractions handed out on a regular usually are in relation to overposting in restricted forums, or in disrespecting the few rules which can be found in the FAQ subsection:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/faq.php...#faq_community

Questions about "ownership" herein are out of bounds for the obvious privacy reasons.
    Seeing as how Leonardo said “Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence,” you can label me as a *cannot* if you so wish. But don't be as Bradstreets' words “Authority without wisdom is like a heavy axe without an edge, fitter to bruise than polish.” CK, you do take time to think about what you pose to write here. Just because what I ask has never been put in place here (as on the site this was spun off from) doesn't mean everyone knows the pecking order. I don't like assign myself to ignorance of the law. I like to know it. And that applies to leadership. Maybe that is just me.

I like the equality you say is amongst members here. If truly practiced, the site will function smoothly as you would like via the self-regulation. And seeing that you say some of the *higher level* members here can option not announcing themselves via Avatar title, lower level people can find themselves suffering if they are "dickish" with them. BTW, can you bring back the Ad Hog Award Avatar? I loved that one. But I can see where the anonymity can play into favour of those trying to leverage a faux title on a Provider. This is just one of the reasons I ask for it to be known as much as can be. As for the owner, Ima sure some rectums are still hurt by the Ty affair. But that is another thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Since reference was made to "the Mother Ship" here some background leading up to the creation of OurHome2, directly quoting the ASPD founder's hobby philosophy:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...m-memorialized
    Thank you.
    That was an EXCELLENT link to refer to.
    BTW people can see the pecking order of that site there ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    Actually, from the responses given, your meme wasn't addressed.

Is there a link you could supply for "the rest of the story'?

My Huckleberry

Administrator
    Site "Guide"
    The "Guide" In Black ®

^^^ consider them the obvious and identified community leaders with all the responsibilities and powers

necessary to keep the community on an even keel.

====> important <====

Those who see, or those who think they see, members assuming or displaying or claiming powers not immediately displayed in an avatar, shoud RTM those to alert management to the potential issues.

= = = = =

Further discussion and discourse will add nothing to this thread.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!