Thread: Notre Dame Catherdral Paris Fire ;(

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar

Notre Dame Catherdral Paris Fire ;(

I've been watching the breaking news what a breathtakingly beautiful structure lost... really heartbreaking.
    I DO NOT offer Short Notice/Last Minute Bookings!!
    Cockworship Enthusiast
    Your Favorite BBW
    Thoroughly Read My Profile & ADs!
    Strict Screening is Required. No Exceptions!!
    🛑Inappropriate messages & without a proper intro w/ screening info are ignored/blocked.
    512-222-7351 (Text only after PM)
    Britttanylove@protonmail.com
    No Negotiating/Haggling, SS, Greek or BBFS!
    Reference Friendly For 6 Months Only!
    Strict Cancellation Policy & Fee in Profile!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by britttany_love View Post
    I've been watching the breaking news what a breathtakingly beautiful structure lost... really heartbreaking.
    I just got home from work and watched the news. How sad. That building was almost 1000 years old and full of priceless art. Wow!
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    I know it's so heartbreaking! It is truly a beautiful place and such a tragedy!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    I am deeply saddened by it.
    I most regret not going inside when I was in Paris. It was breathtaking just to see on the the boat tour.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Retired Companion
    I watched in horror as they were showing that on T.V. I went to Notre Dame for Easter Mass in 2001 when I was in Paris. It was magnificent. I'm so glad I took a lot of pictures so I can remember the way it was. I'm so sad and heartbroken.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Just a few months after I became a professional companion over a dozen years ago, a very wonderful gentleman took me to Paris. It was my very first trip abroad, and I have treasured memories of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. When the news alert broke, I was deeply shocked, and watching the spire fall made me cry. (Chihuahuas came running to comfort me!) I am glad they were able to salvage many artifacts, and evidently the organ and one of the huge stained glass windows survived, but even with restoration it won't ever be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by britttany_love View Post
    I know it's so heartbreaking! It is truly a beautiful place and such a tragedy!
    Hugs you for comfort

Basic Hobbyist (unconfirmed) MarkWatney's Avatar
    I've never been there, so no personal experience to offer.

I once read a book by Jane Goodall called Reason for Hope where she wrote about having a transcendental experience when she walked into Notre Dame and by chance there was a wedding and someone was playing Bach on the organ. It was a difficult time in her life, but the experience gave her reason for hope.

So I was glad to hear on the news that they saved the organ.

I love Jane Goodall, she is a classy old dame.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’ve been to mass there on Xmas morning and the most impressive thing was the stain glass, pipe organ , and the building itself which survived the fire �� they started making the stain glass and 100 years later in 1163 it was completed:). ��

Retired Companion
    That reminds me - the other thing that was impressive when I went there is they had the relics out. And they had the coffin of Pope Leo X. Which was very small compared to today's
    height of humans. They also welcomed everybody. Besides the area of where you can light a candle for a loved one is the confessional booths. And they had Priests there that would hear confession in whichever language you spoke. Each Father spoke 3 languages fluently. It was just so impressive.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    My mom and brother saw it in person during their Paris trip this past September.