Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Logic Behind "No Review Policies"

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Just offering my two cents here...

Erotic Monkey has a five star rating system. That might be useful in a more reliable site like P411 or O2. And perhaps it could be used both ways, for men and women.

TER also has/had a rating system, but a guy couldn’t rate a woman 4 or 5 stars unless she performed specific acts. I don’t care for that much.

I would like to see P411 adopt a rating system for their companions similar to what they have for clients...sorry, I mean admirers. :-)

I would also like to see O2 adopt something similar to P411, and eliminate reviews. Guys and gals could still provide testimonials in coed (without referencing anything that might be construed as illegal), and say what they want in their respective private forums.

Women must be more careful in their profiles, signatures, and ads that their rates or donations are for their time only. And us guys just need to understand, accept and respect that. Ratings, testimonials and the like should give you a clue that a woman’s time met a guy’s expectation. If a guy sees a woman, and she doesn’t meet his expectations, then he should just move on and find someone who does.

The current legal/political climate has cast a cloud over our ability to communicate and set expectations. That’s unfortunate. But we can and must adapt.

My two cents turned more wordy than I anticipated. Mea culpa.
    Last edited by Lovinglifeinaustin; 04-13-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

a fair^^ judicial system for everyone. I smell success

profile has been disabled
    long ago, i saw this as a problem for everyone concerned, even before fosta happened, so...i mean for me, i took a chance, it has cost me yes, but also, it has always showed something about me...being real...when i choose to be way open about myself, which many cant do this or wouldnt want to and hey all of it is understandable , for me, it wasnt so costly personal wise so i choose to be real in open...i cant be any way else anyways...for those that have judged me...i cant help the judging...but i became open about myself in all ways just so you can see what your gonna get, theres no questions, theres no doubts, your gonna excellent service no matter what i may be going through, your gonna one hellva great time and it's consistant no matter what...but this is just for me...im not anyone else but me....this is the way i choose to go about things, to look into my writings, my twitter my whateverr you see im straight up open and honest about it all, this decision i had made, part of it was due to the reviews, im spontanous, so what one person gets is NOT ever gonna be exactly the same...cuz i never have a set thing that i do specificly but you see that im also very consistent in everything as well...like i said, i know i has cost me, its cost me plenty, but i also know that for those that can look past things and go forward, theres not one person that has not been way more satified with what i provide. but these are only for me,no one else...i know that it helps the hobbiest to see it from another hobbiest...thats what the other side of it is...thats what i was hoping from get go to try to somewhat "curve" things in the sense of the reviewsl.....

this is only my twisted view points alone lmao no one elses lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Just offering my two cents here...

Erotic Monkey has a five star rating system. That might be useful in a more reliable site like P411 or O2. And perhaps it could be used both ways, for men and women.

TER also has/had a rating system, but a guy couldn’t rate a woman 4 or 5 stars unless she performed specific acts. I don’t care for that much.

I would like to see P411 adopt a rating system for their companions similar to what they have for clients...sorry, I mean admirers. :-)

I would also like to see O2 adopt something similar to P411, and eliminate reviews. Guys and gals could still provide testimonials in coed (without referencing anything that might be construed as illegal), and say what they want in their respective private forums.

Women must be more careful in their profiles, signatures, and ads that their rates or donations are for their time only. And us guys just need to understand, accept and respect that. Ratings, testimonials and the like should give you a clue that a woman’s time met a guy’s expectation. If a guy sees a woman, and she doesn’t meet his expectations, then he should just move on and find someone who does.

The current legal/political climate has cast a cloud over our ability to communicate and set expectations. That’s unfortunate. But we can and must adapt.

My two cents turned more wordy than I anticipated. Mea culpa.
    I'm not on p411 so I don't know how their system works. Would you please be so kind as to explain it? Perhaps we can replicate it here.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oam2.0 View Post
    I'm not on p411 so I don't know how their system works. Would you please be so kind as to explain it? Perhaps we can replicate it here.

Be advised that P411 has in the past had very strict policies against sharing their inner workings with non-members, so we may need to be a wee bit cautions about explaining/revealing too much openly beyond the fact that they have a known "Okay" system. They do seem to be opening up more recently and expanding options, however, so perhaps they will start accepting new members again this year?

H2 is not a subscription screening site like P411, nor was it intended to be, and individual member ratings or "psuedo-Okays" here might be perceived as putting us in that category. We are an info-sharing discussion board targeted at a mutually enjoyable community "Hobby." Anything else places a lot more responsibility and work on an all-volunteer staff of a completely non-profit entity that may not be practical or desirable. However, we continue to grow and evolve with the needs of the membership, so who knows what the future could bring with site changes?

Getting back to reviews, IMHO, I don't see the carnal chronicles being eliminated as many Hobbyists find them invaluable, and many ladies welcome risque recounts for PR/promotional purposes. Do they have to be explicit, which seems to be what most companions object to? Penthouse Letters-type entertaining/bragging tales of tail with a lascivious litany of sexual hijinks? Not really. Beyond basic data and a yes/no recommendation, anything else typed is at the choice of the reviewer, and still useful without graphic details... but the randy reports wouldn't draw as much attention, be as well read or commented upon, would they? Chuckle.

Suggestions for improvement always welcome and considered, so please carry on. Good topic with many variables to be debated!
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 04-16-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Danged unstable Internet connection in the boonies!

I am not P4!! & Can discuss what I read on a public website and I am not revealing private/secure information.
    The same thing goes for men on P4!! Sharing their ok's with non-member companions as an option. just recently in a open thread here on OH2 that was a discussion.
    when there is confusion people will walk around on eggshells.
    A person asked my opinion about how to implement safe Reviews and I responded.

I understood very clearly that private information from another website CAN'T BE MENTIONED.
    But most people can read that a public website does exist and countless people before me have wrote about the "ok" system.
    I definitely don't consider OH2 to be compared to any other website, that we agree on. Chuckles.

What Fancy said! I am hesitant to share too much about P411 out of concern that I might run afoul of Gina. With all due respect to OH2, P411 is my favorite hobby resource, and I would not want to be booted off.

Gina is an eccie member, so maybe she’s a member here too and might rise from the shadows to promote her site. Gina?

As for Fancy’s comments...

OH2 might not think it’s a screening site, but I bet many of us use it that way, knowingly or not. I do.

As for reviews, and especially the ROS, I don’t find them to be very useful. They’re high on macho feather ruffling, low on meaningful content. I find the women’s board presence and board personalities much more useful. I also value input from mongers I’ve learned to trust.

I appreciate the OH2 staff and their openness to suggestions. Thank you Fancy. I hope some day I can meet you and show my gratitude in person.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

And now you know I chose NOT TO LOOK AT your ok's because someone can screenshot the page. NOT SAFE....
    I don't feel comfortable giving out my personal email was another reason for a member sending me his ok's and politely declined.

I also said, it's your choice because it's an option you discussed in the open.

Making sure everyone understands it's not my decision what you do with your account

Edited grammar
    Last edited by Universal; 04-16-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    And now you know I chose NOT TO LOOK AT your ok's because someone can screenshot the page. NOT SAFE
    I also said, it's your choice because it's an option you discussed in the open.

Making sure everyone understands it's not my decision what you do with your account
    As far as I know, the only people that can screen shot my OKs are member companions and those women that I trust enough to invite for a look see. Sure, a woman member can share her account with a male. I’m sure shit like that happens. But that’s no reason NOT to look at my OKs if I invite you to do so.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I also explained to you the part about not wanting to use my email. You requested my email in order to see your ok's and I don't want another website to have it and explained the reason in private. I can't divulge it here in public because it was a safety issue. If you don't recall please refer to the private message that I can't repeat

Retired Site "Guide"
    There are some things that need to stay in private communications. Not here. Back on topic please.

Thank you^ we agree

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    I also explained to you the part about not wanting to use my email. You requested my email in order to see your ok's and I don't want another website to have it and explained the reason in private. I can't divulge it here in public because it was a safety issue. If you don't recall please refer to the private message that I can't repeat
    Since Batman thought we were wandering off topic, I tried responding to your comment via PM. But you unfriended me and blocked me. How come? I don’t know what I did to deserve that. Color me sad. PM me please.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Since Batman thought we were wandering off topic, I tried responding to your comment via PM. But you unfriended me and blocked me. How come? I don’t know what I did to deserve that. Color me sad. PM me please.

I have a "no Review policy" because it's a review about illegal activity that took place & can be used against me in a court of law. Not willing to take any chances.

Verified Companion Companion GentleTouchbyLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDRII View Post
    One word comes to mind "discretion"
    Thanks for this^^^ The only "Dude" who seems to get it.

I am a human being. I have met some major hobbyists with some gargantuan amount of reviews.

Only ONE I consider a friend. Only one who showed any sort of respect or character. Hell, I even made him dinner once so he
    could eat because he just got off work to see me.

I have had major hobbyists on more than one occasion try to weasel out of paying me by pretending to be forgetful.

I always get: "I am going to write you a great review because I want to HELP you".

Umm, I don't need your "help" with a good review. Thanks but no thanks. I have never had any great results
    after said review posted, except inquiries from other major hobbyists with gargantuan amounts of reviews.

I always suggest that they go into the men's lounge and ask about me. I usually have someone who will
    give me a thumbs up.

I have had reviews used against me. In one instance, on the old Eccie I insulted a major snobbyist
    in coed. He got pissed and found information about my incall that I had been renting at the time
    in ROS and he came out in coed to insult me specifically about it. He told me that he knew about
    my incall from ROS. That really pissed me off.

I have seen reviews on the old Eccie where the reviewer actually POSTED HER ADDRESS AND APARTMENT NUMBER!!!

WTF! Of course, Eccie never removed the info.

I noticed that hobbyists used to gang up on young, indy providers and use reviews as weapons.

I have seen a gorgeous 18 yr. old spinner get ripped in a no review because she was on her period.

There is a lot of misogynistic attitude in reviews sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.

Again, I am no robot. I am just a human being. And yes, I do happen to love being in the hobby.
    9 times out of 10 it is great. But I absolutely cringe at reviews. And so far, I never have
    suffered a bad one. I'm sure somebody out there is dying to give me one, thought.

Completely out of spite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2