Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Logic Behind "No Review Policies"

The Logic Behind "No Review Policies"

Hi everyone,

I'm curious what the rationale behind a "no review policy" is. I see some providers here have them and am wondering what led them to take such an action. I assume some have a decent reason and am just trying to figure out what that reason is.

Verified Hobbyist BCD The Gentleman's Avatar
    Excellent Question Brother.
    Can't wait to read some responses. I believe from the words of providers vs. "well I think it's because" a hobbyist will be more informative.

My experience has been that ladies with “No Review” policies are leery of past (or present) stalkers or that their RW lives could be compromised if certain details in a review inadvertently outed them to a SO or family.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    the ones i talked to in past said they wanted to remain and be really discreet in their civilian life and were also low volume and cautious who they see.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Maybe im wrong bit it Just leads me to believe that the service is lacking. Please report if otherwise.

Verified Hobbyist BCD The Gentleman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMe View Post
    My experience has been that ladies with “No Review” policies are leery of past (or present) stalkers or that their RW lives could be compromised if certain details in a review inadvertently outed them to a SO or family.
    Hadn't thought of the Stalkers. Good info.

1) Reviews have lots of detail that "some" providers feel is TMI
    2) As CoverMe said for safety/security issues
    3) Some nefarious hobbyists "use" reviews to tarnish a provider's reputation if things don't go their" way
    4) Lots of providers get enough business without reviews. Great reviews add more business and can make it difficult to keep good TCB
    HELLO FRIENDS! I've missed you all! Please forgive me for not answering your PMs...I cannot access this site very often. Any future activities...I'll post several weeks prior to the event, but nothing is currently planned.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring

A review reflects an illegal act took place & it has TOO MUCH information with her phone number, activities that cops comprehend, her links to different websites & could easily be used against her as evidence. The Reviews needs to formatted differently for safety.

profile has been disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    A review reflects an illegal act took place & it has TOO MUCH information with her phone number, activities that cops comprehend, her links to different websites & could easily be used against her as evidence. The Reviews needs to formatted differently for safety.
    thank you due to fosta and sesta and the cloud act along with every other new law that has been implemented, if the reviews were formatted differently it would defintily be one thing, this is why i had tried to implement having "testimonials" done instead of reviews...when i had the no review policy in place . and the reason why i put it back in place...was by the very igonorance of these new laws, and those not wanting to budge on the old ways of doing things, placing myself at a greater risk along with everyone else

everyone needs to understand that not just the hobby life changed for everyone with these laws, but LIFE IN GENERAL CHANGED with these laws, and in order for anyone to survive this in hobby life and in real life, we have to ADAPT AND OVER COME...seems like no one wants adapt though....
    just my viewpoits on everything that ive been seeing around me in all aspects not just this life

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post

I see where you are coming from. I don't think anyone here wants to endanger the well being of our providers. Do you think there is a way that hobbyists could gather pertinent information regarding providers for our purposes in research while preserving privacy and security for the provider?

Verified Companion Companion Ava In Austin's Avatar
    I understand and respect that each person has their own opinion on reviews. And, I appreciate that OH2 respects a provider’s preference on this. Which is the main reason I joined. I am also well aware that there are guys who will not see a lady who is not reviewed. And, they have that right.
    I have a no review policy because personally I don’t like how graphic they are. And, I feel our time BCD is personal and private and between consenting adults where discretion paramount. And, each encounter is as unique as the individuals are enjoying that experience ;)
    I would also add, that I pursue a career and have family and friends beyond this realm. Just like most everyone one else in the RW :)
    Now like MsRogueSA noted, I am okay with a testimonial or even be vouched for. And, when a guys asks about my lack of reviews (which rarely happens) I simply let him know there is no negative information out there on me either.
    So, that is my opinion for me. I understand and respect that other ladies appreciate and want reviews. The beauty of OH2 is that each provider decides for herself :) Thank you CK!
    Rare Ink-Free Girlfriend Companion!
    Sweet, Discreet & Elite
    Lover of courteous respectful gentlemen, including
    newbies, traveling, younger & you awesome local guys!
    I do not care to be reviewed, being vouched for is appreciated.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Basically all the reasons listed here are valid. I've talked to 3 or 4 that have no review policies, the only one that hasn't been mentioned yet is that she "didn't want to have the details spoiled and everyone to know exactly how it's going to go", which is valid, but she didn't do anything outlandish, but provided exceptional service, so I know it isn't, in my experience, to cover for bad service (in fact all but one I've been with that has a no reviews policy is great, the other wasn't bad, mediocre, though).

Discretion, privacy, keeping the surprise alive (as hobbyists, I understand how that night not always serve our desires), avoiding stalkers, exes, pimps, etc. Could very well also be that they're trying to avoid being called out for being terrible, but I've not yet experienced that.

Hadn't considered the FOSTA/SESTA angle, I would argue reviews should be written in a way that doesn't confirm any illegal activity, and properly executed, what you and these ladies do isn't illegal, correct? You meet, spend a little money for their time, and you both, as consenting adults, decide to engage. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe a compromise is in order? Allow no detailed review policy, but a simple yes/no or 1-10 rating? Respect providers wishes, but still get gentlemen their information? I dunno. I'm gonna wrap this up before it turns into a novel.

Ava, Ms. Rogue, I can see why your points of view. I am very thankful that we have a group of providers on this website who value security and privacy as much as we do.

That being said, I wonder how much legal liability reviews bring. Many of the terms we use in reviews can be found on various lexicographical websites but there is no definitive way to prove the acronyms/vernacular we use correspond to any specific definition or illicit activity.

As far as discretion on the providers part, I do understand and respect the limits of what our providers are willing to do. I get that explicit mentioning of certain activities might have legal repercussions. However, we hobbyists need good information before we can make a decision with whom we will spend our time. Some hobbyists look for certain activities which they like, and they adjust their searching accordingly. Without accurate reviews, the only ways to know what a provider is/is not comfortable with is by asking via phone, email, or in person. Asking via phone and email can be problematic because of recording issues.

Without reviews or asking directly what a provider is/isn't comfortable with, we have no other choice than to ask at the meeting.What happens when a hobbyist meets a provider in person either at an incall or outcall and the hobbyist hopes/expects a certain item is not on the menu? The only rational thing I think of is for one of those people to leave, thus wasting time and fomenting feelings to distrust and aggravation.

I think there are several ways to balance the legitimate needs of security and discretion for the provider and the informational needs of the hobbyist.

1) Like asdf1234xxx said, we can have a rating system. We can say what we like/dislike and assign certain numerical values to those and review as such.

2) Not have "reviews" but have short stories; like an essay. A good review always has an essay anyway. They can be works of erotic fiction and can quickly be identified as such in the preface.

Verified Hobbyist & "Counselor" for new reviewers BCD GeorgeDRII's Avatar
    One word comes to mind "discretion"

Quote Originally Posted by Oam2.0 View Post
    I see where you are coming from. I don't think anyone here wants to endanger the well being of our providers. Do you think there is a way that hobbyists could gather pertinent information regarding providers for our purposes in research while preserving privacy and security for the provider?
    The 'ok' system means you met her & the encounter took place. Same system as P4!! without comments & discretion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast