Thread: Did Anyone Happen To Catch 60 Minutes Last Night???

I wanted to check it out because they were supposed to be interviewing the Finance Sec'y and getting his prediction on when this economy will turn around.....I have heard late May to June/July, but I happen to think that's being very optimistic (extremely optimistic) as I don't see anything really happening until early 2010.....

Anyway, if anyone got to see the episode last night I'd like to know what the guy said about when the economy will turn around.....
    BIG C

IF SOME IS GOOD, THEN MORE IS BETTER

The best way to make sure that nothing you say "CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of law is to make sure that you say NOTHING.....IOW SHUT THE FUCK UP ! ! ! ! !

<span style="color:#800080">Scott Pelley did the interview. Bernenke said "recession ending this year" - recovery beginning in 2010.

Interesting, but Pelley didn&#39;t ask any hard questions. Seemed like an effort to "calm the markets", mostly.

</span>
    "This astronomy stuff is ridiculous!" said the old lady. "Eveyone knows that a turtle holds up the universe."
    "And just what holds up the turtle?" asked the scientist.
    "Very clever, but you can&#39;t fool me" she replied. "It&#39;s Turtles all the way down!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SeaDog @ Mar 16 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    <span style="color:#800080">Scott Pelley did the interview. Bernenke said "recession ending this year" - recovery beginning in 2010.

Interesting, but Pelley didn&#39;t ask any hard questions. Seemed like an effort to "calm the markets", mostly.

</span>
    [/b]
    In other words it was the same old garden variety generic hogwash all form and no substance bullshit that DC likes to feed us to cover up the fact that they haven&#39;t got the foggiest clue about anything......So what you&#39;re saying is that I really didn&#39;t miss much, if anything.....Thanks.
    BIG C

The best way to make sure that nothing you say "CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of law is to make sure that you say NOTHING.....IOW SHUT THE FUCK UP ! ! ! ! !

<span style="color:#800080">
    Here&#39;s a link to 60 Minutes & a podcast of that interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/08/...ain828230.shtml
    </span>
    "This astronomy stuff is ridiculous!" said the old lady. "Eveyone knows that a turtle holds up the universe."
    "And just what holds up the turtle?" asked the scientist.
    "Very clever, but you can&#39;t fool me" she replied. "It&#39;s Turtles all the way down!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SeaDog @ Mar 16 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    <span style="color:#800080">
    Here&#39;s a link to 60 Minutes & a podcast of that interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/08/...ain828230.shtml
    </span>
    [/b]
    Well in Washington you are dealing with a bunch of thieves trying to tell you what happened to your money. Ever ask yourself why they spend millions and millions trying to get a job that pays under 500k?

Hobby Addict
    total softball piece...apparently this was his first sitdown interview...so CBS probably had to agree to be hands off in order to get the opportunity

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    No. The deal is 60 Minutes is shifting from pessimism to a sort of optimism now that they elected the Great Leader (Obama). When Bush was in office they could be guaranteed to have at least one negative story on the economy, the war, global warming, or something they could tie to the President.

They have their demigod, it is wrong to go too dower.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    No. The deal is 60 Minutes is shifting from pessimism to a sort of optimism now that they elected the Great Leader (Obama). When Bush was in office they could be guaranteed to have at least one negative story on the economy, the war, global warming, or something they could tie to the President.

They have their demigod. It is wrong to go too dower.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (atlcomedy @ Mar 17 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    total softball piece...apparently this was his first sitdown interview...so CBS probably had to agree to be hands off in order to get the opportunity[/b]
    I haven&#39;t had a chance to click on SD&#39;s link to watch the interview, but it sounds like it wasn&#39;t worth watching so now I&#39;m not even sure if I want to click on the link to watch it.....Based on what SD said about "recession ending this year, recovery to begin next year" I think I would have been severely disappointed as you have to at least expect our so called leaders to give more than what any high school kid could have said.....Oh well, I guess we&#39;ll just have to wait and see what happens and hope for the best.....
    BIG C