Thread: One-of-a-kind experiences while I'm in town

Question One-of-a-kind experiences while I'm in town

Hi everyone, I am going to be in Austin beginning 4/8, and I want to take my 82-YO dad on a few REALLY cool experiences while I'm there. He's pretty much been staying in his house, and I hope to get us out and about while I'm in town!

I know he wants to visit the LBJ Library. And oddly, I want to try to find someplace that is like a burlesque-venue where you can have a meal and drinkie poos while being entertained. NOT a strip club, but some place my dad could say "I made him go visit." When he REALLY is in heaven being there. Like a can can show revue.

Being a former pastor with a daughter like me is actually more fun than he could imagine. I've got the man drinking wine and coffee. He's having the time of his life...

So could you guys and dolls please let me know a few funky places that I could take an 82-YO guy who loves history? Preferably somewhere without a lot of walking, or that has a wheelchair to borrow.

Thank you, everyone!

Registered Male (Not Verified) DragonX's Avatar
    Something that I thought was cool and does not have a lot of walking with WC access is the Austin Bat Cruise.
    It is a boat tour that takes you out under the Congress(?) bridge so you can see the 1.3 million Mexican Free Tail bats come out. Not sure if they are in town yet or how their colony migrates.
    If it is running it is a pretty cool sight to see.

Cheers
    DX
    On hobby hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonX View Post
    Something that I thought was cool and does not have a lot of walking with WC access is the Austin Bat Cruise.
    It is a boat tour that takes you out under the Congress(?) bridge so you can see the 1.3 million Mexican Free Tail bats come out. Not sure if they are in town yet or how their colony migrates.
    If it is running it is a pretty cool sight to see.

Cheers
    DX
    Oh, my dad would dig that. Thank you!

And I'm taking him to burlesque! He's trying to act like he's just "tagging along" but he told me not to tell my brother or else he would be in trouble! haha

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    You can walk along the river, to see Bats. With wheelchair or without.
    I usually go to Four Seasons, valet my car, eat on the gorgeous porch and go walk on the river. Congress Bridge is right there, but no crowds and you can see everything. Plus, you can stay away from flying guano.

You can see this bats flying everywhere along IH-35. Every overpass has bats, more or less.

You can go on Duck Adventures. It is a tour-bus, that drives you around the town and takes you on the river ride. Very cool, floating on the bus, on the river. Nice view of lake houses and Dam.

You can rent a pontoon boat near/around "HulaHut" on Lake Austin. It is a great restaurant right on the lake! It is a great place to eat, next to Mozart's - nice coffee shop with huge porch!
    You can rent a pontoon boat or faster boat and take a leisure ride all the way to Mansfield Dam. It is gorgeous. Beautiful lake properties, that Austin is famous for. It will take you 3+ hours and about $300.

Go to LBJ park. It is 45 minutes away from Austin.

Visit Gruene Hall in New Braunfels for Country music. Well, visit Gruene. It is right on the Guadalupe river - small Old Town with few shops and restaurants. One hour south of Austin.

Go to "Bangers" on Rainy Street. They have 119 beer types on tap and 30 different sausages, including Rattle Snake. It is like German Beer Garden, with music and tons of people.

Visit University of Austin tower.

xoxoxo

Have fun!
    Big hug for your father!
    Last edited by AlexandraSand; 04-04-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    FYI: You can see some Bats in this Bat Cave!
    ...excluding present company...
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

I don't think there are that many bats back in Austin at the moment, maybe a few. You can call the “bat hotline” at (512) 327-9721 to see when bats have been emerging downtown. They arrive early Spring and leave at the first cold snap. Currently it's estimated that there are 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats that roost under the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge.

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Take him on a drive in the Hill Country...for a picnuc...and also take him to marble falls..theres a cool mom n pop cafe there

Enjoy
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    You might look at this. From one former minister to another, it will get his blood pumping.

https://www.austintexas.org/event/ji...ollies/339229/
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    go to Ester's Follies, an Austin based comedy/magic show, in the vein of saturday night live, with lots of laughs and local humor. also do not miss the ladybird wild flower center, zilker park for the gardens and barton springs. A leisurely stroll down south Congress for shopping/ dining/ and live music in the beer garden at gueros. y'all have fun.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Well, if it ain't one thing...

...they've moved my dad's move-in date. But it's a better place so another month's wait is fine.

So Daddy-O will just have to wait to see naked chicks!

And Austin will have to wait another month to see naked ME!

Thank you to everyone for the awesome suggestions. Pops and I will be weird in Austin!

Hugs, ya'll.