Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTF do single people do anymore?

Verified Hobbyist BCD

WTF do single people do anymore?

Being a fairly new single (again) person I find myself asking this. Since I was last officially single (12 years ago) things have changed drastically. I'm somewhat reserved in the RW, dont care to pick up ladies in the bar scene but would love interaction with people and not a relationship. Which is weird because I'm an introvert lol. I'm 39 as of February (interns at work thought I was mid 20s so I guess that's good lol). So anyways, what do you single people do these days?

Have you thought about a sugar baby arrangement? Going places and doing things together is fun with the right SB. I lived with an attorney in my early 20s for 6 months and the trips were the most fun.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    That depends on what you are into. We need more information Bro. As for myself, I ride my Harley, hang out at live music venues, meet up with the beautiful OH2 ladies, chill at a bar or club, hang at the beach, etc...
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Well I'm an outdoors person. Kayak, camp, fish, hike, etc. weekly at least. I do enjoy a good concert, willie picnic was good times. I'm also a car guy and have a hotrod sitting in the garage that I drive on occasion. Been toying with the idea of getting a cafe racer type bike soon too. I plan to travel more often now, mainly for fishing related stuff. I do frequent a local pub but generally leave when the crowd trickles in. Mainly because I enjoy a nice cold micro brewery stout with less noise lol. Damn i gotta break this introvert thing.

Not too sure about the sugar baby thing. I dont have kids because I'm pretty selfish and enjoy spending money on me more than anything lol.

*edit* This is important, I built the hotrod myself. I didn't buy it from someone else. Gotta throw that out there because its important to car guys lol.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 3daygetaway's Avatar
    Being single again after a 12-year run was a mind fucker for me. I’m around your age and internet dating had taken a hold of the dating scene in the time I was away. You may have gotten in on some of it before your relationship: I’ve been divorced several years now. I LOVED OkCupid; the thousands of getting to know you questions were valuable in getting to know myself again too, after diluting into being a couple and then being alone again.

I was desperate to have the validation I’d sought in my marriage, and dating around gave me a lot of exposure to girls who have become life-long friends. BUT that validation needed to come from within, not from another person. I encourage you to find yourself before looking into serious dating, and you may find that on Devil’s Backbone and the myriad other amazing hill country rides. Just don’t be in a hurry. You’re a young man with a new lease on life.

A sugar baby is certainly safer than a real world rebound relationship and may be what the doctor ordered. If I could go back in time, I’d buy a fleshlight instead of getting on the dating sites and invest in self-improvement. The best thing I did for myself was unplugging in the evenings and allowing myself to grieve. The brain/heart does amazing things if you give it space to, but most of us will never know because we opiate ourselves with distractions.

Good luck.
    HWP, white guy, mid 40s, handsome and charming

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSpot View Post
    I'm somewhat reserved in the RW, dont care to pick up ladies in the bar scene but would love interaction with people and not a relationship.
    thought you was asking for advice about couple activities without being in a commitment. Must have misunderstood you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by 3daygetaway View Post
    Being single again after a 12-year run was a mind fucker for me. I’m around your age and internet dating had taken a hold of the dating scene in the time I was away. You may have gotten in on some of it before your relationship: I’ve been divorced several years now. I LOVED OkCupid; the thousands of getting to know you questions were valuable in getting to know myself again too, after diluting into being a couple and then being alone again.

I was desperate to have the validation I’d sought in my marriage, and dating around gave me a lot of exposure to girls who have become life-long friends. BUT that validation needed to come from within, not from another person. I encourage you to find yourself before looking into serious dating, and you may find that on Devil’s Backbone and the myriad other amazing hill country rides. Just don’t be in a hurry. You’re a young man with a new lease on life.

A sugar baby is certainly safer than a real world rebound relationship and may be what the doctor ordered. If I could go back in time, I’d buy a fleshlight instead of getting on the dating sites and invest in self-improvement. The best thing I did for myself was unplugging in the evenings and allowing myself to grieve. The brain/heart does amazing things if you give it space to, but most of us will never know because we opiate ourselves with distractions.

Good luck.
    That some great insight. I've already realized I need to work on myself before getting involved in anything remotely serious. I'm definitely not in a rush to date with the intent of a serious relationship. At the same time I hate doing things solo. I guess it's from years of being independently dependent lol. But your advice is something I've realized over the last several months. I sure you're aware of the mind fuck I'm currently in but I'm trying to press on, hence my question. I just really want to have some fun with others and find out wtf singles do these days lol.

I thought the only acceptable modern day answer was "swipe right"?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Online dating has been shit for me. I guess I am not a good salesmen because I have gotten maybe 5 responses in like 8 years. The girls tend to be flaky, and while I know they want to be safe, none seem to want to take a chance and meet someplace public for a drink and conversation. Like how do they expect to find someone if they don't take a chance. Been single most of my life and I enjoy doing what I want when I want. I do a lot of outdoors stuff myself every weekend. I pretty much gave up a few years ago and just enjoy myself. Sucks doing it alone, but people are people and most aren't willing to just take a chance with a random stranger.
    My hiking post I made a few weeks back bombed, which I at least thought was a good offer. I think pretty much you just need to ask to hang out with people from work and be a fifth wheel until you find a niche you can fit in.

^How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Do you like fishing? I want to go fishing in non polluted water

I read your profile, 36. Forgive me for asking.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I am 36. Was in the military straight out of high school. Traveled around a lot. By time I got out most people my age were married or working on their second or had kids from a failed relationship. While I was in the military, MySpace and Facebook happened, and I didn't have time for that shit. When I got out pretty much everything moved to meeting people through facebook or online dating. I basically got left behind on that. 3 of my relationships the girls asked me out, which was nice. Those were all at work. Now I seem to get hit on by married women a lot because they see me as everything their husband is not. I don't need that drama, which is why I also avoid the ones with kids unless the dad is dead. I have seen too much drama with kids and parents.

I am in the middle of getting a new kayak since I sold my old one before I came here. I don't have a fishing rod yet. I go shooting sometimes when I feel like blowing through $100 in ammo.

Thank you taking the time to write about yourself. I can tell you are extremely disciplined in an organized lifestyle without any impractical distractions getting in the way. Nothing wrong with wanting the best path in life without road blocks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSpot View Post
    Well I'm an outdoors person. Kayak, camp, fish, hike, etc. weekly at least.
    . Put that in your OkCupid self summary. You'll get some dates alright!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I've found at 30 most of the people I'm going to meet and make decent if not strong bonds with are going to share my hobbies. There are alot of people into cars and motorcycles in the Austin area, also maybe try swap meets or car shows. Live music venues also a decent way to meet single ladies if you're willing to put yourself out there. Though I will say I've never made any lasting connections just based on "We both think this band is great and the whiskey is cheap."

Good Luck Have Fun Be Safe :)

I just want to go fishing, is that asking too much?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast