Quote Originally Posted by Sammy75 View Post
    Some humor to kick off your friday:
    w2cxbe0mdd131.jpg
    Good one!
    Thanks.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified) DragonX's Avatar
    A couple of fun tidbits about Rome that I discovered some hobby related.

I am sure everyone has seen a picture of the Colosseum, it is fairly large even in its current state. The Colosseum was built in the dip of three hills with one of the hills being Palatine hill where Nero's palace sat. Before the Colosseum was the Colosseum it was a pool in Nero's palace!!!!! Talk about big pimpin'!

A hobby related tidbit regarding Pompei. Before Mt. Vesuvius erupted, Pompei was a port city right on the water. After 21 miles of pyroclast debris in 79AD it is not longer on the water. Anyway port cities are know for having sailors, having been a seafaring man myself I can tell you what sailors like to do in port - drink and f*ck. That being said Pompei had its own "red district".
    Tidbit 1: At the entrance of the "red district" was a pharmacy with the marquee painted red - hence the "red district".
    Tidbit 2: Shy sailors or individuals not wanting to ask where the "red district" was could find a picture of a cock embedded in the street stone pointing up and to the left. This meant you continued up the street to the first alley on the left where you would find a corresponding stone cock in the alley wall. This indicated you were on the right path.
    Tidbit 3: The ladies (mainly slaves of the era) worked out of very small stone rooms in the alley. The remnants left today are a stone bed and a stone pillow. I am assuming that these were covered with some sort of padding but my tour guide did not confirm.

Finally, after visiting five churches including the Vatican/Sistine Chapel, climbing the Scala Sancta on my knees, viewing a mass in the Vatican and having holy water marked on me there was no lightening/fire/or calamity befallen. This is an interesting tidbit to my family and those who know me. And no that was not me with the Pope on the balcony. I did try to do the morning mass with the Pope but it was full.

I would very much recommend a Rome trip to anyone as it was a hell of a good time!!!!

Cheers
    DX
    On hobby hiatus.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Wow! Great stories Dragon.

When I was a child in the sixties I read an article about Pompeii in National Geographic. The article included pictures of the plaster casts taken of the victims forever entombed in the volcanic ashes. Are those casts still there?

You reminded me of a pope joke...

A man was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome. He mentioned the trip to the barber who responded, "Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded & dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome.

So, how are you getting there?" "We're taking Delta," was the reply. "We got a great rate!" "Delta?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late.

So, where are you staying in Rome?" "We'll be at the downtown International Marriott." "That dump! That's the worst hotel in the city. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced.

So, whatcha doing when you get there?" "We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope." "That's rich," laughed the barber. "You and a million other people trying to see him. You’ll look the size of an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the man again came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome. "It was wonderful," explained the man, "not only were we on time in one of TWA's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful 28 year old stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel-it was great! They'd just finished a $25 million remodeling job and now it's the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!"

“Well," muttered the barber, "I know you didn't get to see the pope." "Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the pope likes to personally meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait the pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later the pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down as he spoke a few words to me."

“Really?" asked the Barber. "What'd he say?" He said, "Where'd you get the shitty haircut?”
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Yes those casts are still there. They have been moved to a "storage" area of sort that used to be the fish market I believe. Pompei is huge I covered maybe a sixth of it so there may be other areas with the remains. The ones I saw were three under glass, these are the true remains containing the skeleton within the plaster, and two that were replicas. It was amazing the level of detail on the ones under glass as you could see the folds in the fabric.
    LOL at the joke!
    Cheers
    DX
    On hobby hiatus.

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Tgif!!

Fucktastic friday to all!

Im packing..headed to new orleans tmorrow...then to see yall naughty texas boys!!!
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
    Tgif!!

Fucktastic friday to all!

Im packing..headed to new orleans tmorrow...then to see yall naughty texas boys!!!
    Please bring crawfish!!!!!
    On hobby hiatus.

Verified Hobbyist BCD LoveMonger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
    ...then to see yall naughty texas boys!!!
    Hey — who are you calling “naughty”?
    - - - - - - - 🎵🎶🎵 - - - - - - -
    I've been searching for the daughter of the devil himself
    I've been searching for an angel in white
    I've been waiting for a woman who's a little of both
    And I can feel her when she's nowhere in sight

- - - - - - - 🎵🎶🎵 - - - - - - -

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Lol. Ewwww crawfish!

Love baby. Yre my fave kinda naughty!!
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

HAPPY FRIDAY Austin! What’s going on out there in the hobbyverse?

I had a once in a lifetime happening earlier in the week. Once for me anyway. My wife woke up a little after midnight, said she couldn’t sleep, and wanted to know if I would like to play. That’s HIGHLY unusual for my wife. She almost never initiates sex. Of course I accommodated her.

Later in the day I met a lovely young cyprian for the first time. First time I’ve ever had sex with two women on the same day (except for one doubles encounter).

I nutted both times. Again, highly unusual for this old man.

Life is so good. If I felt any better I would be illegal.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Retired Companion
    James, you make me smile! That's great! I'm going to chill and beat the heat this weekend and catch "The Secret Life of Pets Part 2" I just loved the first one but then again I love animals especially dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post

I had a once in a lifetime happening earlier in the week. Once for me anyway. My wife woke up a little after midnight, said she couldn’t sleep, and wanted to know if I would like to play. That’s HIGHLY unusual for my wife. She almost never initiates sex. Of course I accommodated her.

Later in the day I met a lovely young cyprian for the first time. First time I’ve ever had sex with two women on the same day (except for one doubles encounter).

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
    James, you make me smile! That's great! I'm going to chill and beat the heat this weekend and catch "The Secret Life of Pets Part 2" I just loved the first one but then again I love animals especially dogs!
    Have a great weekend Ellen.

My wife and I are cat people. So we’re going to follow their example this weekend and lounge lazily around the house.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Viva Las Vegas! 18 holes on Saturday and 18 holes on Sunday followed by my favorite hole at Barton Creek......the 19th! Fantasy, meeting a lovely provider who enjoys golf as well....let your imagination run wild, mine does! Enjoy the weekend!!
    Hey raptor! Last month I met a lovely young woman in Dallas who enjoys golf. She made my putter flutter. :-) If you find yourself in the DFW area, look up Bubblesdfw. She’s a doll.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post

I need to drink what you've been drinking. My weekend consisted of 2 appointments gone bad.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by risn2theoccasion2 View Post
    I need to drink what you've been drinking. My weekend consisted of 2 appointments gone bad.
    Sorry to hear that risn. I do feel fortunate. My last ncns was three months ago.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast