Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Janelovvvv wants a deposit - hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Italia View Post
    It's a touchy subject but I believe if you added this to the first post then maybe the ladies wouldn't have been as upset ( if they are ). I didn't look up the lady in question to your post but I get where you're coming from, you're not comfortable with sending someone a deposit that has no good credibility on a site?

The same goes for some of us ladies, just because John Doe has been a member since 2010 doesn't mean anything, he has 0 post, 0 encounters & must be screened and we get called out for requesting screening info.

Just sayin... I get your point RO

Italia
    Another Amen

profile has been disabled
    oh hold on, im about to get in on this lmao....i was emailed just the other day and told i was a scam lmfao lil ole me, that everybody knows every part of my life and me...i was told i was scam....omfg yall are truly amazing...heres why i was trying to implement deposits and i was trying to show on my blog not long ago...the amount of fantasy screenings and bookings...time wasting...has gone to all time HIGH!!!! matter of fact, i just did a fantasy/ghost screening just a few mins ago...one these screening apps that we pay for, goes on points ok...you pay for however many points per month to do these screenings...i have NEVER done so many screenings that i was down to 7 points...and to put the icing on the cake, that day when i noticed that, i did ANOTHER wasted screening, bringing me down to only 5 points...which means for those few that are actually serious in booking a visit, i would not be able to actually screen that person correctly, which means i would not be able to see anyone, bcause im not seeing without the proper and correct that i implement. which means, this kind of behaviour puts me out of business until i can see a regular and be able to pay extra for another so i can do the screenings properly...in other words, sorry but....shit rolls downhill....

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Opinions on this subject vary, and that includes mine.

I read this thread with interest and think the OP has gotten the short end of the judgmental deal from many based on personal feelings rather than facts. But I am normally out of step.

That being said, I have some discomfort with required deposits as there must be a way to assure refunds if session is canceled by the provider and I have not seen any discussion of that. I am sure all providers who require a deposit will say "I would never cancel a session with a deposit on it" and I will disagree with that statement as it is simply self aggrandizement since none of us will ever admit to making errors (either in fact or judgement).

I have had a prearranged session (the day before) cancelled without notice, communication, or reason simply by the provider going crickets. My hard to get "free, unencumbered, and non managed" time is extremely hard to get so having that happen is really not very nice. Luckily there was not a deposit involved or I would have been stiffed for $ and the more valuable (to me) time.

To be clear, I have (and noted it publicly) prepaid most of a session cost but that was my choice.

We ALL value our time, providers as well as hobbyists. All of the hobbyist "free, unencumbered, and non managed" time is hard for most to get so when a provider decides to go silent about a prearranged session, the hobbyist looses.

How does that impact the "deposit first" discussion?

The whole world wants to know.

Verified Hobbyist BCD BigDallas's Avatar
    Fuck no!

I am fortunate that saving money for Travel is a priority of my own & wouldn't demand a deposit of anyone. Speaking for >myself.
    I can also understand Traveling women wanting deposits so it covers her expenses because the hobbyist wanted her to make a special trip to their city that she doesn't normally visit. A business for her isn't designed to lose money & the clients not keeping their appointment causes a different approach with collecting deposits before the long trip

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    I am fortunate that saving money for Travel is a priority of my own & wouldn't demand a deposit of anyone. Speaking for >myself.
    I can also understand Traveling women wanting deposits so it covers her expenses because the hobbyist wanted her to make a special trip to their city that she doesn't normally visit. A business for her isn't designed to lose money & the clients not keeping their appointment causes a different approach with collecting deposits before the long trip
    I can see where you are coming from, Universal. If I really wanted to see a provider from another place and she really had no plans of visiting SA, I think a deposit would be justified to cover her travel expenses and opportunity costs in her base area.

But that is an exception to the normal course of events. Most of the women I've seen wanting deposits tend to be "low calibre" who rely not on the quality of their time, but the quantity of their friends. These often but not always are the same women with low resolution photos and no-review policies. It screams red flag to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oam2.0 View Post
    I can see where you are coming from, Universal. If I really wanted to see a provider from another place and she really had no plans of visiting SA, I think a deposit would be justified to cover her travel expenses and opportunity costs in her base area.

But that is an exception to the normal course of events. Most of the women I've seen wanting deposits tend to be "low calibre" who rely not on the quality of their time, but the quantity of their friends. These often but not always are the same women with low resolution photos and no-review policies. It screams red flag to me.
    Unfortunately since the Fosta law started and stings are in full force for everyone, even the rich men are getting plastered all over the news...we are doing everything to keep from getting arrested or having anything used against us such as Reviews. It's extremely bad right now. Websites are being targeted.

Hey, I'm not mad at anyone for trying to protect themselves. Safety is my number one priority.

I'm just trying to brainstorm a standard way that we hobbyists can use to convey information while protecting our beloved providers. :)

In all honesty, an attorney would probably be required to make a trustworthy standard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2