Thread: Cook Off - Rodeo

Accept Cook Off - Rodeo

Who's going? AmyHouston and I are about to go have a damn good time !! Wonder if I will see any of my hobby friends under the same tent, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great night !!

Nobody came out? Fyi it was at least 3 serious wrecks and lots of ppl sitting on guard rail of car dealer ships 610 lol waiting on uber. Had a great night, cant wait for tomorrow!... tried to share a pic but couldn't find one I didnt didnt have bbq on my shirt lol. Great night
    Last edited by Guest 072519-1; 02-23-2019 at 03:48 AM.

I don't go any more. Unless you have an invitation to one of the tents, all you can do is walk around in the usually crappy weather. None will share their cook-off Bar-B-Q with you. Those that do offer food serve some lame chicken, sausage, beans and potato salad. And, you have to buy parking and a ticket, just for the privilege of being there.
    New COED Theme Song!
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman
    Trollhide!

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ... Jimmy Buffett
    I could eat a Peach for hours.

ACCESS HERE WITHDRAWN; FAILURE TO RESPECT OH2 RULES
    After going every year in my late 20's early 30's, i found it repetitive and only worth i if invited to a tent. No fun in watching the action from outside the tent. On the other hand, it is for a good cause.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Oralist View Post
    I don't go any more. Unless you have an invitation to one of the tents, all you can do is walk around in the usually crappy weather. None will share their cook-off Bar-B-Q with you. Those that do offer food serve some lame chicken, sausage, beans and potato salad. And, you have to buy parking and a ticket, just for the privilege of being there.
    You are exactly right, 100%. This gentlemen knows exactly what he is talking about. The only thing I would add is paying high dollar for beer. No thanks.

+1 Oralist
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Oralist View Post
    Ahhh... yeah. Maybe for ladies it's a different experience plus we do have armbands for a tent for the weekend so your right. Lol and I never pay for beer lol...

For chicks tits equal entry. Guys its a waste of time. Went once with the invite didn't know that was the only tent I'd eat at. Very disappointed. It's not what you think of when you think cook off. Its more of a show off. Corporate event.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyDogg View Post
    For chicks tits equal entry. Guys its a waste of time. Went once with the invite didn't know that was the only tent I'd eat at. Very disappointed. It's not what you think of when you think cook off. Its more of a show off. Corporate event.
    That’s ^^^^ a very good and fair assessment of what is happening out there.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

For sure its a corporate event LOL !! That's why us ladies go !! But, yeah for the guys I bet it sucks.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    The real cause is being seen as a volunteer and hoping you impress the right person or enough people. There's more politicking going on inside one of the thousand committees than there will be at the DNC in two years.

It's hidden behind the cause of raising money for scholarships. Yeah, they give out a lot of money but you'd think some of those committee chairs and a lot of the patrons pulled it straight out of their own fucking pocket. I'm old school when it comes to charity and volunteering. It's better if it's anonymous and I don't think a person should do it with the expectation that it returns dividends of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJessika View Post
    For sure its a corporate event LOL !! That's why us ladies go !! But, yeah for the guys I bet it sucks.
    Yeah, guys and anyone that thought they would just show up to a bbq cook off and eat bbq. You ain't.

I remember the tent team name was Bun stuffers. How horrible is that. The bbq they made was bbq anyone could make. But drinks were free and plentiful. If you didn't have a ticket and got hungry there is a big tent where you take your dissapointment and frustration and get all you can eat sloppy joes and bag o lays.
    Last edited by TreyDogg; 03-06-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDogg View Post
    Yeah, guys and anyone that thought they would just show up to a bbq cook off and eat bbq. You ain't.

I remember the tent team name was Bun stuffers. How horrible is that. The bbq they made was bbq anyone could make. But drinks were free and plentiful. If you didn't have a ticket and got hungry there is a big tent where you take your dissapointment and frustration and get all you can eat sloppy joes and bag o lays.
    LOL, I suppose. No idea where the sloppy joes were. The tent Amy & I were I one of our friend was a lead cook. But, no way would I ever attend If I didn't have a pass... what would be the point.. they really should just make it a private event.. instead of pretending like its open to the public and its really not...