Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Under what circumstances is it okay to...

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJadeRose View Post
    I have been found before on my rw social media account by a client who was constantly trying to reach me again even though I told him we weren’t a good fit anymore, not cool. Then I was found on photography/other business type account on another site. I had someone who is very well known in the hobby social scene tell me he recognized me on there and complimented my photos, I figured out who he was based on some content in his profile that was linked with his content on the boards actually (complicated). He basically had alluded to his alias on that site combined with a few other details I knew who he was. It did make me super nervous to be contacted because I had my full name and some other social media links on there, and my real first name is NOT a common one at all. I asked him to please never mention my page to anyone else in the hobby. I will say also that I do have a couple very close clients who I have known a long time on my social media, we know each other’s names etc, our relationship is just different at this point, BUT I’m super careful about stuff like this. I def agree that you shouldn’t add or follow someone without their consent, or do it simply because you found them or can find them somehow.
    My gosh Jade, that's truly terrifying. What grinds my gears the most is that we have no idea what some of the members of the board look like so they have free range over invading our personal lives. I've seen countless comments mentioning matching with providers on dating sites or seeing us in stores and such. It is a risk we take putting our faces on the boards but it should not be treated with so little respect. Like any other job, when we clock out, we are done with this world and should not have to worry that Tom dick or harry, is actually a hobbyist with a crush or fetish. I feel like that isn't very much to ask.

Also, I definitely get the having more personal relationships reasoning. There are a few hobbyists, well, 2, that know my RW data via my mouth ONLY, and it is certainly not an issue for me in these cases. It's not that I mind people knowing who I am, it is that I mind they are going out of their way to try to find out who I am, does that make sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Passion2015 View Post
    I guess my puzzled question would be, why would you follow anyone from here?

That wouldn't even cross my mind.
    THANK YOU! EXACTLY!!! WHY?! Sounds alarms, doesnt it? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Universal.Hoe View Post
    A >public< account on any social media website could be perceived as an open invitation to anyone. I would be alarmed at being found so easily. Biting my fingernails
    Just because it is open does not mean you can come in.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Registered Male (Not Verified) SirFuxAlot's Avatar
    Been there...Done that...and it is generally not a good idea. There have been a couple times that I have crossed paths on social media with a provider that I have spent time with but even if I do, I never mention it to that provider as I feel that I would not want them mentioning to me that they had crossed paths with mine. One should never seek another out on social media but if virtual paths are crossed, both should know how to handle the situation. I once had a retired provider look me up and at first, I was ok with it but then it started to turn into a "relationship" that eventually went south...nothing ever comes out good from those situations.

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    Google, Facebook, Instagram (and most other social media) will scrub the contacts lists and address books of any email accounts that may be located on the computer, tablet or phone you use. These systems will then provide you with option of adding these people to your social media friends, family, contacts, etc.

I have had my Real World Facebook present me with lists of various hobby friends as potential followers, etc. It's all there in the 20+ pages of terms and conditions you had to agree upon when you signed up the account. You may opt out of these by going into a large and extensive variety of settings and options--bet you don't find them all and it will continue.

Don't use your hobby phone/tablet for Real World, and also watch out for Google Phone that also likes to commingle your real world and hobby world by attempting to link everyone up. Don't do it.
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Alot of providers are messy and engage in texts with the misses smh i could shed some light but no;) Keep this a secret world and it will last forever! Some level of respect is needed.

FYI..this platform is wide open all you need is someones screen name and all comments, like, pokes etc.. Are searchable..or a messy provider could leak your screennane LOL Go ahead and google your o2 screen name or even eccie. So for all the gents here CYA!
    -True story

This time I will be more blunt, I Don't agree with someone being intrusive into your personal life even though they could use the excuse, "it's a public account". Business is business and our code is NOT to cross lines. Got that off my chest

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBalls View Post
    Google, Facebook, Instagram (and most other social media) will scrub the contacts lists and address books of any email accounts that may be located on the computer, tablet or phone you use. These systems will then provide you with option of adding these people to your social media friends, family, contacts, etc.

I have had my Real World Facebook present me with lists of various hobby friends as potential followers, etc. It's all there in the 20+ pages of terms and conditions you had to agree upon when you signed up the account. You may opt out of these by going into a large and extensive variety of settings and options--bet you don't find them all and it will continue.

Don't use your hobby phone/tablet for Real World, and also watch out for Google Phone that also likes to commingle your real world and hobby world by attempting to link everyone up. Don't do it.
    Absolutely aware of the way socials work, none of my accounts are linked and I have gone through all of this necessary channels to ensure they are not able to be connected. I absolutely know how easy it is for socials to get crossed even by simply being in the same areas as others and having your phone with you, that is another contributing factor in making connections.

My issue isn't simply that I'm found, it is that I am being requested or getting comments and likes from these accounts. That is inappropriate and invasive. If I wanted my rw to cross with my hobby life that freely, I would have my actual name and personal accounts linked and open for everyone to view at their leisure. But they're not. So while they may be public accounts and free floating on the internet, that is not an excuse to insert ones self into them and intertwine the worlds.

Please know, that I am absolutely not saying that is what I interpreted for your comment, I am just reiterating what I have previously stated and making sure the message I am trying to make, is crystal clear for this who are hard of understanding.

You sir, are a peach! And I appreciate your input and the information you have given. I am sure it is going to be most beneficial for a lot of ladies and serve as a reminder for those of us who already knew. Thank you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CubanAva View Post
    Absolutely aware of the way socials work, none of my accounts are linked and I have gone through all of this necessary channels to ensure they are not able to be connected. I absolutely know how easy it is for socials to get crossed even by simply being in the same areas as others and having your phone with you, that is another contributing factor in making connections.

You sir, are a peach! And I appreciate your input and the information you have given. I am sure it is going to be most beneficial for a lot of ladies and serve as a reminder for those of us who already knew. Thank you.
    Thanks for nice comments, Ms CubanAva.

EVERYONE should be aware how both social media and email applications cross-link and commingle contacts and address information on a single platform or within e-mail system.

Guys, there are some very nice ladies who are totally open on social media about their hobby activities. For example, if you decide to follow them, your contacts may also receive "friend" recommendations for them (with their hobby pictures/comments clearly in the open). How will you explain to your family and civilian friends in the RW why you are "friends" with several ladies who are openly active as providers. Even separate hobby and RW accounts on the same platform are HIGH RISK.

All above comments (from CubanAva and others) about the DANGERS of mixing RW/Hobby are valid.

Extra care is needed to insure the Plasma Streams Do NOT Cross--weak attempt at a Ghost Busters movie illustration. ;)
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Well,

I'm single as fuck. Bring on the connections!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I'm going to say, never, unless invited. Randomly adding people you bump into during the course of business is creepy. The girl at HEB who rang up your stuff today might be cute, that doesn't mean you can go home and Google her and try and friend on FB because you managed to remember her name tag, it's creepy and rude and frankly, a little scary. Now, if you've seen a provider on multiple occasions and think you'd want to be friends outside the business, bring it up in a session, don't assume anything and don't be offended if she says no. Doing this may risk breaking the illusion that she actually likes you though so um, proceed at you're own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaezel View Post
    I'm going to say, never, unless invited. Randomly adding people you bump into during the course of business is creepy. The girl at HEB who rang up your stuff today might be cute, that doesn't mean you can go home and Google her and try and friend on FB because you managed to remember her name tag, it's creepy and rude and frankly, a little scary. Now, if you've seen a provider on multiple occasions and think you'd want to be friends outside the business, bring it up in a session, don't assume anything and don't be offended if she says no. Doing this may risk breaking the illusion that she actually likes you though so um, proceed at you're own risk.
    Real talk^^right here

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Simply said, “Not without permission”. I have 2 providers on my FB. One has a RW job that warrants such a relationship, the other one was a good friend prior to becoming a provider. There is a mutual trust that boundaries will be drawn and respected.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by CubanAva View Post

My issue isn't simply that I'm found, it is that I am being requested or getting comments and likes from these accounts. That is inappropriate and invasive. If I wanted my rw to cross with my hobby life that freely, I would have my actual name and personal accounts linked and open for everyone to view at their leisure. But they're not. So while they may be public accounts and free floating on the internet, that is not an excuse to insert ones self into them and intertwine the worlds.

Please know, that I am absolutely not saying that is what I interpreted for your comment, I am just reiterating what I have previously stated and making sure the message I am trying to make, is crystal clear for this who are hard of understanding.

Well honestly you're a provider by choice. Do you honestly care that more men are contacting you? I've seen you on my fb feed as well as others.. What's the difference? So to feel all those descripted words you use lol is kind of redundant don't you think? Unless they are just flat out trying to book you through fb comments then that's disrespectful! Discreetness should go both ways. If i was a provider and valued my privacy and you should cause with the 1000+ new registrations on oh2 lately, im sure there are law enforcement on here by now, i wouldnt even have a fb or other social sites that isn't generating $$. Sorry im an A-hole and don't side so easily��

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
    Well honestly you're a provider by choice. Do you honestly care that more men are contacting you? I've seen you on my fb feed as well as others.. What's the difference? So to feel all those descripted words you use lol is kind of redundant don't you think? Unless they are just flat out trying to book you through fb comments then that's disrespectful! Discreetness should go both ways. If i was a provider and valued my privacy and you should cause with the 1000+ new registrations on oh2 lately, im sure there are law enforcement on here by now, i wouldnt even have a fb or other social sites that isn't generating $$. Sorry im an A-hole and don't side so easily��
    I believe you've completely missed the point, feel free to go back and reread my comments again, it is very clearly stated. Your approval or agreement are not desired or needed so feel free to voice whatever opinions to the contrary that you may have. But, be sure that your arguments or disagreements have not already been addressed previously, so as to not waste precious time.

Xo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast