Thread: Under what circumstances is it okay to...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar

Under what circumstances is it okay to...

Request or follow a providers personal socials? Or for a provider to request/follow a hobbyist?

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Never! You don't need to be mixing the hobby world with your real world. I'm out with all my family and friends but can't say the same for everyone else and it could be a disaster!

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Nope, not a good idea. Like Ms. Brittt said, keep the two worlds separate.

Never unless invited (bad idea). I recently left an event early when I thought I spotted a Provider I had recently seen. Band sucked anyway.
    Have you ever considered that the "Writing on the Wall" might be a forgery?

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."
    I am NOT a White Knight, just a bleached bastard.
    My gallery album gets updated occasionally.

I do NOT share any pics I've taken without an "OK" from the model!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This has happened to me a bunch lately.

Saw a few Providers on Tinder/Bumble.

Saw another one AT CHURCH!

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar
    I was hoping to get more gentleman's responses but I am too annoyed to wait. You are all correct.

The answer is simple, it is NOT okay to do EVER unless they have specifically told you that you could do so.

I have blocked over a half dozen hobbyists from my personal socials in the last two weeks. Simply because you can find me, does not mean you should engage with me as that is not the realm of which we share with each other. I should not have to make my socials private, you should just have respect for boundaries and the common sense to know that that is not acceptable to do.
    What makes it worse is that these are hobbyists I have never seen before but recognized the handles.

AlCar, if a hobbyist matched with me on a dating site and recognized me, I would hope that he would start with that and let me make an informed decision on whether or not I wanted to pursue things further. If he matched with me and found my socials and didnt tell me, I wouldnt necessarily have an issue with it because I wouldn't know unless he shared my private life happenings with other hobbyists. That would be outing and crossing every redline possible.

*sorry to rant, the frequency is bothersome.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlCar0314 View Post
    This has happened to me a bunch lately.

Saw a few Providers on Tinder/Bumble.

Saw another one AT CHURCH!
    I became Catholic because of how much I hobbied not withstanding the two SB relationships. As Larry The Cable Guy says.....

Lord please forgive me

Verified Companion Companion
    Never
    Never
    Never

BANNED MULTIPLE HANDLE VIOLATIONS
    Not only is it a no I won't engage on social media or irl but if a social media site like facebook "helpfully" suggests a provider I've seen as a friend I contact the provider through the normal channel to let them know it happened and advise them on their privacy settings for whatever site it is to prevent that happening. I make it quite clear that I don't mean it as "I see you!" and more just a way to keep someone who would exploit that from accessing it. As much as I harp on about men's privacy and security I care about the providers as well.

I take great pains to keep my identity secret and anonymous. There's a good reason for that.